Halo 5 Noble armour - first time builder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem. Wasn't sure of the best way to fix this, and had to think of something that was easily "put on/take off-able". We'll see how it holds up after lots of uses. I'm planning to use the same velcro to secure the front and back halves of the torso, and thighs (once I have them built). I figure the bicep and forearms should be easy to just slide up. I think I might use the velcro on the undersuit to hold the armour in place, keep it from sliding down and/or spinning around.

I'm with you on the multi-coloured armour. This just happened to be what was available. My stuff is mish mosh of primary colours. Ikea armour. :)

It’s been a productive week. Done the boots and one glove - all very fiddly and can’t say I enjoyed them, but I’m happy with the results! The shoes are not super accurate, and I tried to keep them (and the gloves) practical. The base gloves are cut down Halloween elbow gloves, costing about 90p a pair, with foam overlays.

1CE4CF15-AC11-4A14-BFC2-CECF78764AB0.jpeg

962C6ECA-9489-4214-95C3-8DCBEC920B5C.jpeg

2AA7FAB7-000A-48F4-BCB2-85615D9B5659.jpeg

I always get a chuckle seeing this build with all the colours.
Love how the gloves turned out. They look great.

I had success with finding the basic parts for my undersuit today at Primark in the UK, costing about £11 in total. Ladies tights, very comfy, and a muscle-fit shirt with a nice weave texture. Here’s all the finished parts so far; next is the torso, then helmet, then the detail thin foam pieces that detail up the undersuit! Taking a small break before all that though. I might upsize the upper arm pieces, if I have time. No pieces have foam inside yet either to ensure a snug fit.

0FD3D5A6-9B69-4AD8-9240-3B4B69AB58BA.jpeg

C5CF14B2-DD35-444D-86FE-BD3BB13C7F5B.jpeg

0EBA504D-B9E9-487D-9814-605B3BB40716.jpeg

E6AC03C2-7926-44C5-A94B-806FC63ADF8C.jpeg

49F6BE95-EFE8-465C-9C38-011AC2419E8D.jpeg

B2FB0ED3-A704-49AE-8D70-39E93EA1325A.jpeg

Ladies tights, very comfy

Agreed.

Pro-tip though, look at getting a dance belt or make sure your cod plate covers everything. Ending up on a list because of a guest appearance from behind your women's stretchy pants is a bad time.

Ok...finally an update! Work is absolutely annihilating me, life is complicated, and I’ve been feeling quite down and struggling with the complexity of the torso build. I’m sure I’ve scaled it ok, but keep panicking that it’s too big. Seems ok though so far - if it’s wrong, I’ll be taking a very long break from this project! Anyway, progress shot here, busy with the underarm bits. Pretty messy, I’ll have a lot of filling and dremelling to do.

2BF136B2-B34A-47E3-B247-85DFF84CDAFB.jpeg

5575284B-D240-4E81-BC34-FE304FCFEABB.jpeg The torso is constructed! :D Next step is an enormous amount of filling and fixing and connecting. And then the last piece, the helmet! It’s around a month until MCM Expo in London, that’s the deadline...
LOL. Just realised I haven’t detailed the front torso centre. Oh dear!!

Dude, detail or no, it looks really good. I am impressed! Especially going through your thread and seeing how a lot of what you're doing isn't actually based off any specific pattern, this is looking really good! Good luck on the helmet!

Dude, detail or no, it looks really good. I am impressed! Especially going through your thread and seeing how a lot of what you're doing isn't actually based off any specific pattern, this is looking really good! Good luck on the helmet!

Thanks! Had a wobble in the middle (“what have I done???”) but feeling pumped as I near the end. It’s Basically Noble armour, but I definitely deviated due to inexperience, especially on the forearms and shins. I’ll be taking extra care on the torso and helmet to make it more accurate!

if you haven't started filling in holes and cleaning up, I recommend woodland sceenic foam putty. It's like quik seal, but Easter to use, turns into foam, and sandable! I got mine off of Amazon and it's great!

if you haven't started filling in holes and cleaning up, I recommend woodland sceenic foam putty. It's like quik seal, but Easter to use, turns into foam, and sandable! I got mine off of Amazon and it's great!

Sounds interesting, how flexible is it?

This has been amazing to watch!

Quick question, what's with the snack box in the middle of the chest? Why did you not just make that out of foam too? And... will it hold snacks? ;)

And to answer the question earlier yes, Woodland Foam Putty dries into a foamy substance so it does flex. You would still want to do a sealing method like pva or rubberized paint. Any plans for sealing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back