Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does that mean that you can't let any Flood kill an Elite?

Good question. When I first saw that achievement I didn't think anything of it because I always kill everything.

By the title, I assume grenades are ok, as well as melee. Also, there's an active camo and overshield that I suppose can be used...Still, it will take some effort to not pull that right trigger.

I wonder how much is considered "the map room", I don't recall it being that big. And yeah, there are a couple active camos if I remember.

The two "The Library" achievements (one without dying, and one in 30 min or less) are also just stupid. lol

Hopefully that level's not too bad now with the new lighting.

The Kinect features are awesome. I spent forever turning the flashlight on/off, reloading, and brightening and darkening the screen using voice commands! lol :D

I enjoyed turning on the flashlight even without Kinect. It looks soooo goooood.

Another thing about the achievements: I like that they were able to have them all be about the campaign, and then it's extra dlc on Reach for the muliplayer achievements. It just makes sense. Why take up Gs in one game when you can disperse them over two!? But then now that means I don't have 100% completion on Reach anymore. ARG! I only finally got that a week ago!

A live action trailer for the living memorial

Enjoy!

Jacob

I loved most of the live action films made for the halo series, well, all of them. But this video just felt way off. Its like I'm watching a scene from Starship Troopers mixed with some star wars empire officer style. I'm disappointed in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved most of the live action films made for the halo series, well, all of them. But this video just felt way off. Its like I'm watching a scene from Starship Troopers mixed with some star wars empire officer style. I'm disappointed in the video.

Really? I thought it was very well done. It really gives you a good sense of the Halo universe, how it's become so militarized, there's been nothing but war for so long. The speech feels like it's something you'd hear at a Remembrance/Memorial Day ceremony. I thought the over all tone was very similar to the ODST video, just without any of the action.

Really? I thought it was very well done. It really gives you a good sense of the Halo universe, how it's become so militarized, there's been nothing but war for so long. The speech feels like it's something you'd hear at a Remembrance/Memorial Day ceremony. I thought the over all tone was very similar to the ODST video, just without any of the action.

To me, everything is great except for the guy the picked to give the speech. He does not seem like any military commander portrayed or how I envisioned from the Halo universe. The hat is over large and his body language feels off. It seems like he was picked more for his oratory skill for the commercial than how much he matched the character and universe he was supposed to be from.

But I do try to keep in mind that it is a commercial so it has a commercial's budget for a budget priced game, not a full blown release and all the pomp and capital those get.

To me, everything is great except for the guy the picked to give the speech. He does not seem like any military commander portrayed or how I envisioned from the Halo universe. The hat is over large and his body language feels off. It seems like he was picked more for his oratory skill for the commercial than how much he matched the character and universe he was supposed to be from.

But I do try to keep in mind that it is a commercial so it has a commercial's budget for a budget priced game, not a full blown release and all the pomp and capital those get.

Too bad they couldn't get Lord Hood to deliver the speech.
But it's better than Parangosky doing it.

"War leaves us with legends...With heroes. And Heroes never die."
Nice touch, 343i.

Anyone else here read Glasslands yet? There’s a brief throw away line that I think 343i had slipped in there setting up a possible explanation for the new armor the Chief is wearing in the trailer.

At one point, after suiting up Naomi-010 in her MJOLNIR a comment is made along the lines of “MJOLNIR armor has nanites in it that will repair and update the armor while a SPARTAN is in cyro-sleep.”

Look like 343i might be setting us up to explain away the Chief’s new armor by saying it fixed and upgraded itself while he was in Cyro between Halo 3 and 4.

Anyone else here read Glasslands yet? There’s a brief throw away line that I think 343i had slipped in there setting up a possible explanation for the new armor the Chief is wearing in the trailer.

At one point, after suiting up Naomi-010 in her MJOLNIR a comment is made along the lines of “MJOLNIR armor has nanites in it that will repair and update the armor while a SPARTAN is in cyro-sleep.”

Look like 343i might be setting us up to explain away the Chief’s new armor by saying it fixed and upgraded itself while he was in Cyro between Halo 3 and 4.

Good find man!

No, I have not read Glasslands yet, nor do I plan to.

Too many complaints about her work with the Star Wars Expanded Universe have passed in front of me to try reading it.

Too many complaints about her work with the Star Wars Expanded Universe have passed in front of me to try reading it.

it's better than the complaints would make you think. Besides that's Star Wars not Halo, but I repect your opinion axe.

I like the plot and story behind the book, very well made in my opinion.

Trust me, I'm the same way. I’m not a Karen Traviss fan by any stretch of the imagination (I love Republic Commando: Hard Contact but all her books after that did not sit well with me.) I’m not happy with a lot of stuff she did in Glasslands and her characterizations, but I had to read it to know what happened to Kelly and Fred in the Dyson Sphere. I would very much have preferred Eric Nylund as he has the most invested in these characters and has the true grip on writing them, but, we had to take what we could get.

The prestigious Finnish magazine Pelaaja, owner of some important exclusives lately, has advanced that Microsoft could present a Halo 4 on Xbox special event later this month in San Francisco. Specifically, provided by the publication, on 29 February, and while they haven't discussed the specific nature of the show, it does ensure that the show is going to be to introduce the game of 343 Industries.

Information from 3djuegos.com, a very well known spanish online games magazine.

Hey guys , check out this video -

Feb. 29th is the date to look forward too .

-Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it's true, but I am also being skeptical for the sake of not being disappointed from too much hype... (Especially on the Halo waypoint forums, no offense, but those guys hype the topic of "new info" way too much.)

Check out this article (originally posted on tomsguide.com) -

Typically we don't cover console games, but the Halo franchise is an exception. Most of us have played -- and still own -- at least one of the seven titles released over the course of eleven years, maybe even the original Halo on PC (just admit to having an Xbox, it's ok, we understand). That said, many readers may be waiting anxiously for Halo 4, Microsoft's first full-fledged venture into the Halo universe without holding Bungie's hand.

The new installment will be the first chapter in the new "Reclaimer" trilogy, developed by 343 Industries, a studio created by Microsoft to handle the Halo IP once Bungie signed off. Previously 343 Industries gave the original Halo an HD spit-shine and re-released it as Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary in November 2011. Now its first full-blown Halo game is slated for a Holiday 2012 release.

NeoGAF is now reporting that an article in Finnish magazine Pelaaja claims that Halo 4 will be revealed at Microsoft's Xbox Spring Showcase on February 29 (aka Leap Day) in San Francisco. If true, this will be the first time we've seen Halo 4 since Microsoft offered a little taste of concept art last year at E3 2011. Backing up the report, an image has appeared on Twitter that looks to be a scanned event advertisement (pamphlet).

That said, sounds like we have an event to attend towards the end of the month. Has Microsoft milked the Halo franchise to the point of exhaustion, or could there never be enough Halo? 343 Industries is hoping to take the franchise "back to what made Halo 3 so amazing," but we're wondering if it's time to retire Master Chief's helmet. Or at least, bring the franchise back to the PC if Microsoft insists on milking the Halo cow a little longer. Talk about sore nipples, though.

Hear that Microsoft? Bring Halo 4 to Windows PC and make it cross-platform, pitting the console fanboys against the hardware junkies.

You can also read it here - http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Halo-Xobx-Combat-Evolved-Bungie-343-Industries,news-14064.html

The pamphlet they are talking about is right here -

Halo4pamphlet1.jpg

Its in Finnish . I translated it too English and it states -

"Halo 4 and other new titles on display Xbox 360 Spring Showcase - in San Francisco. Remember the player to the podcast"

I think that right there should boost our excitement for the 29th to come !

- Jacob

UPDATE from the Office of Halo intelligence -

Campaign is playable from start to finish (not to be confused with polished) and multiplayer has been running for a while now

I seriously hope we do see that demo at the spring showcase on the 29th !

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back