Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that the Covenant basically leech technology from the Forerunner artifacts on which they get their hands. They do give their equipment a certain unique "look," but as far as design goes, they actually are not hugely innovative in the way that they think.
The Covenant has a certain design aesthetic. You see this in all non-Brute weapons and vehicles, and in their starships. The Forerunner aesthetic is completely different. The technology and the workings may be similar, but they look different. The Halo in that build looked distinctly Covenant, not Forerunner.

A lot of covenant designs do look like they were from the forerunners. such as anything covenant has a hexagonal texture. And hexagons is what the forerunners use. :p

i tend to agree with the original aesthetic of the halos, because it fits with the feel of "technology-hidden-in-the-rock" that i get from the other games. as far as i know, no one is planning to remake Halo 2, so how will they reconcile the look of Alpha Halo to that of Delta Halo? The covenant may not be innovative, but i don't believe they had too many artifacts to go on on their home planet, and therefore had to reverse-engineer some things or perhaps re-purpose other tech meant for other functions. the covenant seem to favor the appearance of power, which is demonstrated on their ships, weapons, and armor; the overheat and power indicators on the plasma weapons, the exposed shards on the needler, visible power conduits and generators aboard their cruisers and on their ghosts and tanks. The forerunner based their architecture on "radical, specific energy-based matter/energy/space distortion and redirection" underneath inconspicuous buildings and monuments. nothing exposed, nothing visible to the naked eye or precursory scans. very covert. something the covenant are CLEARLY not.

That was a truly awesome post man lol I do agree that it looks like covy tech. Lets hope its just a alpha build

That is exciting, but it also scares me a little. When I hear that "Cortana will not be limited to a graphical imagery AI in the new version of Halo alongside Master Chief," I worry about where they will take that. Does that mean she be implanted into a living or robot body? Will there be a holodeck sort of technology that will allow her to walk around? (That one wouldn't actually be too bad.) My hope is that instead, they will focus on developing Cortana's and Chief's characters more than they have. That has always been one of my chief disappointments in Halo.

Cortana as a playable character? I'm thinking some trippy Cortana-going-crazy-walking-around-a-computer-system levels.

Cortana as a playable character? I'm thinking some trippy Cortana-going-crazy-walking-around-a-computer-system levels.

lol when i read your question "Cortana as a playable character?" i was thinking the same thing about walking around the computer system xD

Hey guys,

I'm just BUMP-ing this thread with something awesome i found recently.

This thing i found was a demo at the gamescom in germany, a demo of the level: 343 Guilty Spark!

Tell me what you guys think!

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone wants a screen-shot of the helmet...

HaloCEAMCa.jpg

It looks simply incredible. I'm glad that they are in fact using the original MA5B model AR for the final game. Seems the Reach-style AR that we've seen in previous footage was just a place-holder. The only thing that I think could be improved is that the level 343 Guilty Spark is supposed to be dark, foggy, mysterious, etc. I think they brightened it up a little too much in the remake, a little too much color saturation. Other than that, it's just awesome! :cool

Glad the MA5B is back. (the Reach weapons threw everything off)
Also glad to see the newer helmet.

Looking forward to this more and more as they make improvements.

I agree, it looks like they took they new levels gave them new graphics and made them really bright, and too colorful. I think they need to take the colors down a notch. Adding fog etc to the levels like before. But for all we know that game footage could be an earlier build.

I agree, it looks like they took they new levels gave them new graphics and made them really bright, and too colorful. I think they need to take the colors down a notch. Adding fog etc to the levels like before. But for all we know that game footage could be an earlier build.

This could have been done just for the demo. Possibly the screens they used were also brighter than usual. Hopefully they will fix it for the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back