Halo: Forward Unto Dawn MK IV (4) Helmet (W.I.P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentallen2

Jr Member
Hay everyone, its Vincent (vincentallen2).
Im back, this time with the famous MK IV helmet, seen on Halo: Legends (The Package) and Halo: Forward Unto Dawn.
I have another thread with a MK VI helmet that I finished peping, but I wont continue it until I finish this one, so i can resin and fiberglass all at the same time.

I didnt want to pics until I had some recognizable progress. Now, UNTO TO THE PICS! :)
4apuqa7e.jpg

3azysede.jpg

vudy8eta.jpg

7anuzede.jpg

Looks like its going ok, right? Up until you get to the right side of the helmet:
a2umavy8.jpg

My glue gun didnt heat the glue hot enough, so only a few spots on that triangular section actual stuck together. In an attempt to try to fix this, i reheated the glue, which unglued the pieces but ended up slightly warping that piece. I just tried to continue the rest, but im going to have to put some extra attention to that part when im bondoing/sanding.

Overall though it's coming together, and I can't wait to put the finished pep next to MK VI, kinda like a past and future effect :)

I'll try to post more progress pics when I can actually work on it (two jobs now), but my ultimate goal is for a complete F.U.D/Legends MK IV suit and a complete MK VI

OH YAH! And a HUGE shoutout goes to my friend "danny" (a member here) for pointing me in the right direction to find this helmet, we worked hard tracking that sucker down :D

I've been looking for this helmet for the longest time. Could you guys post a link to where I can download it, Thanks.

Any update on this?

Yeah, sorry guys. I started another job (graveyard shift 10pm-6am), so I haven't had any actual time to work on the helmet. It is, however, a lot more complete than when posted pictures here last. I'll try to get some progress in this week. :)

I see a lot of people requesting a link to this helmet. As of now, the best one I am aware of is a Soaring Hammer exclusive (the one that vincentallen2 is building looks different that the SH file, and a little less detailed). The SH file is pretty detailed and not a bad model at all. Here is the link to the SH thread on how to get this file.

http://www.forum.soaringhammer.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1384

You kind of have to jump through some hoops to get the file, but if you really want it, there it is.

Thanks for the kind words on the model Carpathiavh99, I am senior moderator over at the soaring hammer. The hoops you describe are not difficult, we just want outstanding members to join our site and be apart of our community. Once you meet some requirements for the file, its yours!

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back