Halo Landfall ODST (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Earth

Member DIN
S698
Hey everyone,

Yes I know I’m working on the Gen 3 Spartan build but I wanted to take some of my down time and really revamp my Landfall ODST kit. I finished my first version in October 2019.

FB5FD373-4F4E-46E9-B769-CD176D1DD93E.jpeg

While this was a pretty nice kit I discovered plenty of issues with it while wearing it. I’ve also grown as a maker in the past 2 years so I really want this costume to reflect that.

I scrapped what I wasn’t keeping and I’ll be recycling the Forearms, Shoulders, Ab Box, Thighs and soft parts. I ordered a ton of new stuff from Sean Bradley to speed up the build, including a new helmet.

I’ve currently reprinted the chest box in PETG, modifying the Pepakura Files in Blender to make them 3D Printable. I also made new wings that are 10mm EVA foam with utility fabric wrapping.

695F7DE9-78F0-4B3F-99A2-82AE2B677B6A.jpeg

4234F83F-9B81-4413-B4E5-5EF3439F62BB.jpeg

32603113-0917-445B-B7DF-A40D6FC81C92.jpeg

From a distance the finish work on the previous parts were passable but I’m stripping everything down, really eliminating those pesky layer lines so the surface is much nicer for paint.

All hard armor parts are sealed with Autoborne Black Sealer, spray with 2K Gloss Clear and finally hit with Shrapnel from Imperial Surface.

CA287D7E-F86C-43DA-AA5E-76C26FFE7B05.jpeg

I’ve done some digging and found out the the armor is also a deep navy blue and not black. So the top coat will be a mixture 2:1 of AutoAir Colors Midnight Metallic Blue and Transparent Black.

So I’ve got plenty to do while I wait for my SB parts to arrive. All the vacuum formed parts will be backed with fiberglass and resin for added durability! I’m hoping I can knock out this build before the end of March for Lexington Comic-Con.

Until then, stay tuned here for more updates as this rebuild progresses!

I know the Landfall Boys have the BR55, buuut I really want an M7S… something about that PDW.
So I picked up the files from OddWorks3D’s Patreon and have all the FDM parts ready for sanding.

466A3506-CF58-4339-9D0D-F4DCA503EFFB.jpeg

Everything not pictured will be done in resin except the silencer. Super hype to be adding this to my Halo Arsenal!

307DFC1F-D14C-4157-95BD-87FFE8602B8D.jpeg

Thanks so much these are WAY better than mine.
Thanks. Probably forgot to mention that it's 2-piece like the live-action. Live-action secures it to pauldrons with rivets. However, being 3d printed.... doubt that's really possible. You could glue nylon webbing to the underside.

Thanks. Probably forgot to mention that it's 2-piece like the live-action. Live-action secures it to pauldrons with rivets. However, being 3d printed.... doubt that's really possible. You could glue nylon webbing to the underside.
I'm going to rebuild the undersuit parts and use some rivets for aesthetics.

I will gladly put them to use!
Had to quickly fix a few issues but it's ready.

Had to quickly fix a few issues but it's ready.

Thanks so much. Hopefully this will get others to make some Landfall kits too.

Small update -

Started Painting the Forearms. After these have dried they’ll be cleared and have all the liquid latex removed for the paint chipping.

405CD705-B0AA-47C8-848D-837E8B007291.jpeg

Also, here is the paint mixture I came up with that closely matches the HEX code I pulled from some screenshots I put in Photoshop.

CE049B93-D95E-4C78-A3F8-60B29A7C0DC0.jpeg

Next I’ll be working on the Ab Box, Thighs and Belt. Then its a waiting game until my Package from SB shows up..
I’ll also be chipping away at accessories such as the M7S SMG, Biofoam Canister (which will be a water bottle) and Grenades.

Sup? Back on this build thread since I received a big ol box from Sean Bradley. All the new parts are here!!! I’m so freaking excited to get back on this build!

D1F62ED7-A792-40E3-8942-4E3AFF96098A.jpeg

Everything aside from the helmet will be hit with fiberglass for added strength. I know these kits are pretty strong but I want something that will stand the test of time.

328F4024-98E8-4994-AA45-C8E4930F3813.jpeg

Updated Chest Box and wings are complete aside from the decals and weathering. But you know I have to dive into working on the helmet first

3620D553-2511-4675-BF29-AA4A2E16E8CF.jpeg

Finished the helmet today. So I don’t know if anyone else has had issues with the visor fit in the SB Helmets, but BOY was it a challenge to install it. There’s still a small gap and I’ve noticed that his cast isn’t symmetrical so I’m guessing that’s the issue. But it’s done -

Paints:
- Shrapnel (metallic base)
- Top Coat (2:1 Midnight Metallic Blue & Transparent Black) Createx Colors
- Crushed Pigments and water for the mud.

825FF326-A53C-480A-B810-03E00FA310E2.jpeg

Finished the helmet today. So I don’t know if anyone else has had issues with the visor fit in the SB Helmets, but BOY was it a challenge to install it. There’s still a small gap and I’ve noticed that his cast isn’t symmetrical so I’m guessing that’s the issue. But it’s done -
Yeah; his helmets were designed pre 2009 and were originally pepakura. He did put more time into his dutch helmet though; where the "rookie" helmet was done on a time crunch from memory.

He did mention that ironically the visor despite being made before his dutch helmet; fit the mentioned better than the rookie.

Yeah; his helmets were designed pre 2009 and were originally pepakura. He did put more time into his dutch helmet though; where the "rookie" helmet was done on a time crunch from memory.

He did mention that ironically the visor despite being made before his dutch helmet; fit the mentioned better than the rookie.
Thanks! I might grab a Branfhur Bucket soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back