Halo Movie Back in Production?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Denzel would be the best option for Johnson. Keith David WAS in fact the voice of The Arbiter in the games. Denzel has the "attitude" that Johnson needs.

That being said, I think the movie would get a boost if James Earl Jones voiced The Arbiter.

Ron Pearlman MUST be Hood. He voiced him in the games, and they must have modeled Hood after him because Hood looks EXACTLY like him.

This is just me, but I think Ed Harris would make a perfect keys:
SGG-001410.jpg

And of course, I'm sticking to my guns that for a major theatrical release, I want Kiefer Sutherland as Master Chief :D!

I personaly would not like it. Why change the voices! Just use the original voice actor for Chief, all you need is a stunt man in a suit, John never shows his face, and why change the Arbiters voice? Kieth David was the Voice of the Arbiter and i say let him be Arbiter for the movie. When changes like this occur thats when i think Hollywood messes up the Game series, its not right for the game, and David is also a big actor. As for Keyes i don't mind, my main worry are the the main characters, i really hope they don't change how Chief or Arbiter act, talk, or fight, because that would make the movie a disaster, and i hope they get Halsey the right actress and that she is not to young!!!!

I hope we see this thing some day, and that its graphically created much like Avatar. But unlike Avatar it would have an original story not some Sci-Fi rehash of Disney's "Pocahontas". No offense but those two stories are just too damn close to dismiss.

I don't see any reason why the voice actors (much of which are actors) don't do the movie acting, after all, the 3d models in game are roughly created in their voice actors image.

I personaly would not like it. Why change the voices! Just use the original voice actor for Chief, all you need is a stunt man in a suit, John never shows his face,
I've already discussed that in this thread, I have my doubts that a faceless Chief would work on the big screen. I'm not saying that's 100% right, but that's my opinion (check back through my posts in this thread for a more detailed explanation). And if they show John's face, then Steve Downes is OUT. Kiefer has the voice and his face matches the description from the book, and he is tremendous at pulling off short, epic lines. That's just my opinion, take it or leave it.

and why change the Arbiters voice? Kieth David was the Voice of the Arbiter and i say let him be Arbiter for the movie. When changes like this occur thats when i think Hollywood messes up the Game series, its not right for the game, and David is also a big actor.
Don't kid yourself, David is a nobody compared to James Earl Jones. Just his name will get people in the theaters. And The Arbiter's voice wasn't THAT unique. Any line David could say well Jones could say better. I mean c'mon, the guy has the best voice on planet earth! If you can get James Earl Jones on board, there is no way in heaven or earth you turn him down for Kieth David just for old time's sake.
Again just my opinion, take it or leave it!

Ok, then, i take it, but in the end sadly, its not our opinions taken by movie producers, :( All we can do is hope that Hollywood makes the right choice, and won't wreck the series greatness. And i agree, Mr. Downes dosen't have the face for it, but personally I believe that John shouldn't show his face, because it invokes a sense of mystery to this one man army, and that i believe, will capture the publics attention, my belief, take it or leave it, ;)

they could just do what they did for the hobbits in Lord of the Rings, except taller instead of shorter

Hahaha, didn't those guys were green screen pants, or something like that?

Nope, people really have a lot of misconceptions about how that effect was achieved. Most of the height alterations in LORT and other films are done “In Camera” through the usage of body doubles. They had 4 foot tall actors playing the hobbits with 7 foot tall actors playing the humans. For some shots, they also used a camera technique called forced perspective. You usually don't use visual FX to adjust height like this....because it really doesn't look very good. Lining up the shots perfectly is really difficult to achieve and the actor's interactions is really difficult to match up. It's a lot cheaper, easier, and better looking to just have a smaller/taller stand in that can be dubbed over and then have their face digitally pasted over.

Considering the nature of Chief's character...unless they decide to make him more “average” in the height department, it's axiomatic that a suit/creature actor is going to be carrying most of the screen time Chief has, and they'll dub him over later, ditto for his face if they wind up showing it (hopefully not).

Sangheili811 said:
Don't kid yourself, David is a nobody compared to James Earl Jones. Just his name will get people in the theaters.

Uh....yeah...no. Look, James Earl Jones is a fine actor, and I love the guy...but if you think he's somehow a bankable movie Star or a Box office draw you are simply flat out wrong, and that's not a matter of opinion. Look at the guys IMDB page. Aside From Episode III...what's the last blockbuster he starred in? Most of his work in the past few years has been TV/DVD/voice role related. Now to be clear, Keith David isn't exactly a household at the moment either. He's definitely more recognizable today than Jones is...but not buy much. Still, if Keith David isn't big enough for the role and they want to find someone more bankable for the part I can guarantee you that JEJ will not even be in the running. You'd be more likely to get someone like Lawrence Fishburne in the part.

Saw this on xplay (well, the little ticker at the bottom any way) Spielberg and dreamworks are trying to get the rights to the movie...

Please be a CE movie! Please be a CE movie! Please be a CE movie! Please be a CE movie! lol :)
It said Fall of Reach, so it should at least be about the events leading up to CE. I wish Peter Jackson was the one who wanted to do it, but Steven Speilberg is by no means worse than him. I just think it would be cool to have Peter Jackson make the movie.
Ewan Mcgregor as Master Chief FTW :p

I think Jackson has a MUCH better chance at a succeeding film than Spielberg. Spielberg tends to make for the masses and has gone so far mainstream that, in my opinion, he has lost most of his fan appeal. I'd say that if he has any creative say in the film, it will be a piece. Not a big Spielberg fan anymore.

I do enjoy him spending his money at my workplace though. Uh....my apologies MR. Spielberg. Keep the big budget movies coming.

I think Jackson has a MUCH better chance at a succeeding film than Spielberg. Spielberg tends to make for the masses and has gone so far mainstream that, in my opinion, he has lost most of his fan appeal. I'd say that if he has any creative say in the film, it will be a piece. Not a big Spielberg fan anymore.

I do enjoy him spending his money at my workplace though. Uh....my apologies MR. Spielberg. Keep the big budget movies coming.
I lost you at the end there.

People really need to understand that niether Spielberg nor Jackson were EVER planning to direct this thing. They have both, in either case, always been Executive producers on the project. That is not an insignificant thing mind you. Both those two bump elbows with the biggest names in the industry on a regular basis. Simply having their names attached to the project opens up a lot of doors and means they can acquire talent which may have otherwise passed it up, in addition to lending a huge amount of credibility to the thing....but neither of them would be in the director's seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back