HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... everything you do is to an insane level of perfection that I just... ARATARAAHGRGHG! THIS IS SOOO GOOD!
I praise you good sir!

There are absolutely no words that can describe how amazing that is!! The holotable is unbelievable!! :love:

Hell ya you got that right!!! This is some of the best work I have ever seen!!! Great job man, I really mean that and keep up the great work!!! :love: :love: :love: (y) (y) (y)

That is absolutely beautiful work as usual Tim. I love the hologram map and your whole process for the figures. What does the whole map look like nowadays? Do you feel closer to the finish line?

Have a good one mate

Thank you :)
What "kind" of diorama would you like to make ? From which game ?
I want to make a series of architectural models rather than dioramas. The Scale is obviously different and they won`t be that colourful. The main focus will be form and authentic materials.
Dropping Link: The Architecture of Halo - Model Series by ReClaimer8015
Have to update sometime soon.

I have to join in the praise of the lobes btw, holotable looks good....

Wow... everything you do is to an insane level of perfection that I just... ARATARAAHGRGHG! THIS IS SOOO GOOD!
I praise you good sir!

There are absolutely no words that can describe how amazing that is!! The holotable is unbelievable!! :love:
Thanks to you guys ! :)

Hell ya you got that right!!! This is some of the best work I have ever seen!!! Great job man, I really mean that and keep up the great work!!! :love: :love: :love: (y) (y) (y)
Thank you :) I do my best on this diorama !

This is still very amazing
(y) Thanks !

That is absolutely beautiful work as usual Tim. I love the hologram map and your whole process for the figures. What does the whole map look like nowadays? Do you feel closer to the finish line?

Have a good one mate
Not yet, the finish line is still far, I start the 3rd part and there are 12! But I'm motivated and some parts will be faster to do than the first two. ;)

I want to make a series of architectural models rather than dioramas. The Scale is obviously different and they won`t be that colourful. The main focus will be form and authentic materials.
Dropping Link: The Architecture of Halo - Model Series by ReClaimer8015
Have to update sometime soon.

I have to join in the praise of the lobes btw, holotable looks good....
It's a great project ! I can not wait to see more ! You did not make it easy for you by starting with a Forerunner structure! It is an architecture that I will probably never do :D

It starts for real !

Small summary of the third part : a footbridge over the road to reach the other end of the diorama. This footbridge is the length of the part so 81cm. As for the road, it goes under the footbridge and there will be a pedestrian crossing.

I start by making the footbridge : I draw the internal structure on AutoCAD and novelty : I cut it with a laser cutter. It's fast and super accurate.
iY2e5wV.jpg

8MwKZh9.jpg

2ZJoLVm.jpg

Assembling and gluing.
Zng7CYv.jpg

4i0l98e.jpg

And I begin to cut (by hand) the expanded PVC that will be used to cover the structure.
Hd5VUNT.jpg

2aSa7vw.jpg

Attachments

• iY2e5wV.jpg
    iY2e5wV.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 157
Idk how I haven't seen this yet, and was never terribly interested in diaramahs, but I am super hyped for this one. Can't wait to see it!

Mind if I use your bridge design lol I need a bridge and well yours is easier to build then trying to build a full bridge with a lot legs like In odst.

I never cared much for diaramahs... until now. Awesome. Wish I had room for one.
Start by making small one, no need to make a huge one at the beginning ;)

Idk how I haven't seen this yet, and was never terribly interested in diaramahs, but I am super hyped for this one. Can't wait to see it!

Mind if I use your bridge design lol I need a bridge and well yours is easier to build then trying to build a full bridge with a lot legs like In odst.
No worries, I can give you my files (.dxf or .dwg) if you want :)

I've been following this on Instagram and I absolutely love it so far! Can't wait to see more pictures
Thank you :) the photos are coming !

Little absence these last days, but justified absence :) Indeed, I had a stroke of madness and I fallen for a new tool...
I bought a 50W Laser Cutting Machine !! It took me a little time to set it up and get it started, but it's good now. I realized that I was going to have a big need for laser cutting. At the FabLab I pay 35 $ / hour, the bill goes up very quickly so I preferred to invest to have one personally.

The big crate !
tLlHfQB.jpg

D1rnYw1.jpg

J9vFDJ6.jpg

okEt38V.jpg

The perfect fit !
7XtZOyu.jpg

About the diorama : the footbridge has progressed well !
t047dNw.jpg

The square hole that can be seen will serve to nest the pillar because this part of the diorama is removable for an easier storage.
Uw8CTQM.jpg

The hole seen from the inside, the magnets will help to hold the footbridge.
z0bVSzB.jpg

The top of the pillar will also have magnets.
NNwjVw3.jpg

sxqyY0s.jpg

The ends are also equipped with magnets and a small notches to fit everything properly.
SLE8QkA.jpg

oN6Svet.jpg

Okay I found this gem on YouTube and well I think one of these guys might be up here with you.

Just gonna say it I know some other videos that might help you with detailing like tiny things if you want me to post it.

Okay I found this gem on YouTube and well I think one of these guys might be up here with you.

Just gonna say it I know some other videos that might help you with detailing like tiny things if you want me to post it.
That video is awesome! And I love the thumbnail! That is the building in angel city fron titanfall! It looks sooooooooooo good!!!

Well this escalated quickly!
Yes it is true but when I think about it, it's not a bad investment knowing that I will have a big need of cutting for the internal structures of each furniture, buildings etc... :)

I know this guy and his work, he is really very talented. I watch a lot of videos on Youtube, to inspire me with their techniques/tips.

The footbridge and the pillar are finished ! I took a long time but the pillar is a hell to make, fortunately I don't have to do any more.
Eo4ce6Q.jpg

yitxpFG.jpg

b3ZYgyQ.jpg

ilNQIXs.jpg

Knowing that everything will be removable for storage, I imagined a system with magnets to fit and maintain everything together.
I drew it on AutoCAD and my laser cutter took care of the rest !
MtRNZJp.jpg

GzbZiIb.jpg

This is the pillar top part.
gkSHoed.jpg

NNwjVw3.jpg

The pillar's making of :
bRG5PnV.jpg

nQ5xf9A.jpg

6VYJFJV.jpg

Now I'm going to make this part :)
FP7VWCY.jpg

Hello everyone !

I'm back :)

As I explained it, I wanted to finish my projects of weapons replicas which I use to finance the diorama and it is done ! I finished all the HALO Magnums (I will post photos in the appropriate section). From now on I work on the diorama and nothing but the diorama.

We resume where we were : the small roof that covers the footbridge !

As usual, drawing on AutoCAD and homemade laser cutting.
obBILvi.jpg

2mNr2Qy.jpg

WIjWuV6.jpg

spDord5.jpg

UDsP8tu.jpg

ytNGmhh.jpg

NBU8YyI.jpg

T8N9lJi.jpg

nFgvCQ7.jpg

And here's the result :
vxYEHgB.jpg

GDEbaFE.jpg

L1FiBeX.jpg

Vr2W8nB.jpg

The next thing to make is to be the road, a bit more complicated, but I have made good progress and I will show you that in a short time ;)

Wow! This is amazing, the attention to detail big and small like the city hologram on page 19, love it!

Keep up the great work! (y)

Wow! This is amazing, the attention to detail big and small like the city hologram on page 19, love it!

Keep up the great work! (y)
Thanks !!! Comments like yours push me to do my best ;)

Now the Road !
The most complex part of the entire diorama I think, because in the game there is a built in light-up the the road. And I have to build it in a space of up to 14 mm high.
Without forgetting that I will put a pedestrian crossing game accurate, terefore animated.

As usual, I design and draw my plans on the AutoCAD and I cut them in 3mm MDF with my laser cutter.
J99M7iW.jpg

3vuYYKZ.jpg

Le9M5H3.jpg

hOM7xLR.jpg

Now that the internal structure is ready, I begin the installation of the pedestrian crossing.
iTCainf.jpg

8N1Eaet.jpg

Bx8mIOD.jpg

Then I set up the lights that will light the center of the road (blue) and the edges of the road (yellow).
eTRgMwh.jpg

In order to diffuse the light, I cut 1mm acrylic on which I stick white paper.
CER0iUZ.jpg

And I place them inside the road.
bh3CSeK.jpg

To make details and give relief to the road, I draw and cut parts in thin cardboard that I stick on the expanded PVC that will be the road.
Xdh7YRE.jpg

Following soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back