Halo: Reach Recon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey could you send me a measurements for a recon helmet cause me and my friend are in middle school and trying to build a Recon helmet in our woodshop class but we can't find ANY schematics for one. thanks.

hey could you send me a measurements for a recon helmet cause me and my friend are in middle school and trying to build a Recon helmet in our woodshop class but we can't find ANY schematics for one. thanks.

Sure, Im about 5.6 (173cm) and i made the helmet height 280mm and i used Belakor's Recon helmet smoothed.

Height:280
Width:309
Depth:245

Hopes this answers your question. Good luck with your project :)

Hey great work so far KnightGliderX. Just a quick question for you. I'm about to embark on this same helm and with the measurements you used how is the fit? I have a larger head (about an XL for helmets) and was just curious to see if your measurements will work for me. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

My head is about 26cm tall (Chin to top of head) so i made the helmet 1 inch taller (about 28cm) and the helmet fit snugly but nowhere near tight. When i put the helmet on it touchs the top of my ears but thats because of the bigger hole i made.

HelmetCutLine.jpg

Quick update:

The project is still going! finaly got some pva yesterday, school work and being ill for the last 2weeks has slowed me down (hopefuly not going to get more school work.)

Helmet - Almost got the top half fully paper mached.
Torso - 100% done on pep and foam core bored re-enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back