Halo Reach Spartan Build

PokProps

Jr Member
I love the look of the build. that plasma rifle looks really nice and I can't wait to see more plasma rifle builds. the armor is also turning out really great, it looks like it fits just right. Can't wait to see the rest of the project and how this turns out.

S225

Looking good! You've got yourself a nice printer. I've heard really good things about the ender 5. Looks like you're using that 22x22cm bed to its maximum potential! I assume those buckles you added were drawn right on to the files. If that's the case, what program did you use? I know some people use fusion 360, tinker cad, or SketchUp. Just wanted to know your preference :)
I drew them on the model in Google sketchup. Its the first practical part I've made and even being a rushed afterthought they work well enough in conjunction that 3M plastic velcro. I'm having to slow myself as to not create more issues down the road. The chest will just use sets of pegs to align and give some strength to the separate parts with super glue finishing the job. Without tweeking the collar area I won't be able to put it on like a shirt so I'm likely going to socket the front and back together. I have considered making the collar a separate part that I can put on after I slide the whole thing over my head. I still need to check the dimensions at the scale its intended to be at for this.

Last edited:

S225

I love the look of the build. that plasma rifle looks really nice and I can't wait to see more plasma rifle builds. the armor is also turning out really great, it looks like it fits just right. Can't wait to see the rest of the project and how this turns out.
Thanks! The plasma rifle and carbine are my favorite so I intend to have them both. The current plasma rifle was unfortunately rushed and is retired to being decorative as I didn't add any sort of support to it and have already broken it once. There's a better model out there and if I can add supports and lights that would be more ideal. Even at 80% the thing is massive so I might make the next slightly smaller so I don't look like the littlest spartan. Ive re slicing the halo 4 carbine thats on thingiverse for bigger prints and supports, wiring, lights and hopefully I can engineer an ejecting mag. I want that sucker to get launched!

S225

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (7).png

Im pretty happy with where the chest is at. There are a few more details I will add to the back side but its print ready at this point! Ive put a few holes in the front so I can fit some pouch mounts to it later. I was originally going to print the models for the commando chest but premade pouches seem like a more practical idea.
Screenshot (8).png

The carbine ( found on thingiverse by misterchiefcostuming) has a lot of work left. All but the middle is mostly ready but the center will house most of the lights and mechanisms that will need to be figured out.

Last edited: