Halo Reach Splazer Build (3d Print)


Rock Lobbster

Active Member
Member DIN
S098
Title says it all, I did a big dumb (depending how you look at it) and decided to print a splazer. It all started with the dang splazer...
At first I wanted a H3 splazer. Printed 1 part and realized, hmm "this looks a bit small." Insert TurboCharizard with his reach splazer files. Might I add, sufficiently chonky. Immediately went, let's do this! First let's make a spreadsheet to calculate all the stuf....
wydNZVSL6Xj6H9k3iQtg6QuB6WOeToPmS7gMhkvEEh5vaznjCC.png

holy sweet baby Jesus this is going to be BIG. Well... by this point I'm committed to this so let's get er rolling!
Incase you don't want to see the progress (a little impatient are we? Don't worry, I won't judge) here's a picture of the final project.
250 hours of print time and almost 3 kilos of filament to get to here! Did I mention it lights up?
20201018_143111 (4).jpg
20210103_175421.jpg
 

Rock Lobbster

Active Member
Member DIN
S098
The beginning of a splazer. As you could probably see from the above chart almost every one of these parts was a 10+ hour print! (learn to trust your printer)
Big ol piece of PVC piping and some threaded zinc rods were also needed. File was from TurboCharizard (it's amazing go get your own).
 

Attachments

  • 20200907_133236.jpg
    20200907_133236.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20200909_120355.jpg
    20200909_120355.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Rock Lobbster

Active Member
Member DIN
S098
sanding sanding sanding sanding (and more sanding). I sanded this while my Reach suit was drying in between paint coats and still took over a day to prep for painting. An electric sander is a necessity when doing larger projects like this (especially if you like your arms). Used the same shade of green that I used on my Brohammer build (Rustoleum olive) for the base.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2021-01-18 204217.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-18 204217.png
    513.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201016_172235.jpg
    20201016_172235.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9

Rock Lobbster

Active Member
Member DIN
S098
And there we have it! A completed Weapon/Anti-Vehicle Model 6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle (W/AV M6 G/GNR) (or as we call it) a spartan laser! I primarily used vallejo paints for the metallics and the shading was done via airbrush. The side "greeblies" are also magnetized to ensure that nothing breaks when moving this big ol son of a gun to and from conventions.
Thanks for joining me on this ride (discord gang eats first) and if you have any questions feel free to ask!
20201018_143111 (4).jpg
 

Hein B287

Member
this thing turned out pretty good dude. Just got the files for this beast myself. It's that you're too far away but otherwise i would've asked if you could print me one XD . Shipping would be a killer

again, very well done dude ;)
 
And there we have it! A completed Weapon/Anti-Vehicle Model 6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle (W/AV M6 G/GNR) (or as we call it) a spartan laser! I primarily used vallejo paints for the metallics and the shading was done via airbrush. The side "greeblies" are also magnetized to ensure that nothing breaks when moving this big ol son of a gun to and from conventions.
Thanks for joining me on this ride (discord gang eats first) and if you have any questions feel free to ask! View attachment 301703
Looks fantastic dude, you should dirty her up just a bit
 
Top