Halo Reach Vga Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle509

her is the best video i could find, and to anyone who is going to make files i would love the set that George(the one with 052 on the shoulder) has.

here it is and good luck to the modelers

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i cant wait for this game i think i just found the new helmet i want. it all looks like modded mk5, and love the Painted EVA helmet

DylanMarx said:
I would like to have the armor with the skull on the helment. Looks good!

I liked the armour but what was up with the helicopter things. I mean they looked fine but isn't the pelican a bit more advanced? I guess Bungie can say that Reach was the main military stronghold and therefore had tech other places didn't.

Still looking forward to the game

ARCsaber987 said:
I liked the armour but what was up with the helicopter things. I mean they looked fine but isn't the pelican a bit more advanced? I guess Bungie can say that Reach was the main military stronghold and therefore had tech other places didn't.

Still looking forward to the game

I wondered about that to, It might have been a Spartan made thing.

DylanMarx said:
I wondered about that to, It might have been a Spartan made thing.

Possibly I guess, as it does look like it would be easier to deploy troops from it in the middle of a battle then it would be in a pelican.

i am more than likely wrong about this (i don't know very much about the halo story line outside of the games), but didn't reach fall before the halo games took place? maybe these are the precursor to the pelicans ?

if i'm wrong please, someone correct me

O.T.

Remember, the Pelican is a BIG dropship. These little tilt-rotors are probably used like MH-6 Little Bird helicopters are used. (The small helicopters in Blackhawk Down.) These would be good for fast insertions of special operations troops without present a HUGE target like a Pelican would.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
i am more than likely wrong about this (i don't know very much about the halo story line outside of the games), but didn't reach fall before the halo games took place? maybe these are the precursor to the pelicans ?

if i'm wrong please, someone correct me

O.T.

you are right, reach falls right before game 1, however Spartans had already been around for nearly 35yrs by the time the covenant made it to reach

Alright, here's my overall analysis. To anybody who knows Halo's lore, this should all be pretty standard.

The SPARTAN's armor is definitely a Mk-V. No debate to it.

gallery_6889_853_280617.jpg

Frankly, the helmet looks a tad ODST to me. However, in the picture above, the helmet has a few ODST-ish aspects to it as well. So, perhaps, this was the original version of the Mk-V helmet that was deemed too 'mean' looking?

Plus, you have to take into account that Halo: Reach takes place between a week and a day before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. The Chief was wearing the latest and greatest gear, the Mk-V, so it'd make sense that all the other SPARTAN-II's were wearing it too.

Each soldier looks to me like they're wearing modded suits of Mk-V. The skull guy has what looks like an EVA helmet that has a painted visor. The sniper's wearing what looks like a Recon helmet. George is pretty much wearing what looks like a Mk-V version of CQB.

The helicopter things aren't precursors to the Pelican. Like Leatherneck said, it's possible their a Halo variant of the MH-6, which is commonly used as a Green Beret insertion vehicle, command post, or weapons platform.

The SPARTANs themselves are most likely SPARTAN-IIBs. If you consider John-117 and his SPARTAN-IIs as the A class, then these are probably the B class, or the second wave of SPARTAN-IIs. In Halo: Fall of Reach, the book mentions that Mendez will be in charge of training the SECOND wave of SPARTANs. Now, most people assumed that these were the SPARTAN-IIIs, but it may have been possible that he trained the second group of II's as well. Who knows? I have another theory listed below.

Now, I did note one discrepancy. The SPARTAN program was under the command of the UNSC Navy, meaning that all the SPARTANs were given Naval ranks and insignias. BUT, the FNG, the number 6, was called "Lieutenant".

I did come up with a little theory for this. It's very possible that the UNSC Marines (or hell, the Army) decided to create their own class of SPARTANs. This theory fits somewhat, as the Marine Corps. operates through the Navy and has to request resources through them. Having their own contingent of SPARTANs would remove this problem and they would have their own group.

IMO, their armour looks to bulky. I understand that they are SPARTANs, but still, they look too huge.

That EVA does look like a beast though.

Very well thought out Spartan137, you pretty much cleared up all my questions. Also what's the bet the Spartan with the skull on his visor is the groups heavy weapons guy, just like Dutch in ODST. It looks like it going to be a similarish squad set up.

THANK GOD that Bungie's facial construction skills have improved since halo3 and odst.

their armor builds have always looked top notch but the character's faces were just plain darn ugly most the time

Spartan137 said:
Alright, here's my overall analysis. To anybody who knows Halo's lore, this should all be pretty standard.

The SPARTAN's armor is definitely a Mk-V. No debate to it.

gallery_6889_853_280617.jpg

Frankly, the helmet looks a tad ODST to me. However, in the picture above, the helmet has a few ODST-ish aspects to it as well. So, perhaps, this was the original version of the Mk-V helmet that was deemed too 'mean' looking?

Plus, you have to take into account that Halo: Reach takes place between a week and a day before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. The Chief was wearing the latest and greatest gear, the Mk-V, so it'd make sense that all the other SPARTAN-II's were wearing it too.

Each soldier looks to me like they're wearing modded suits of Mk-V. The skull guy has what looks like an EVA helmet that has a painted visor. The sniper's wearing what looks like a Recon helmet. George is pretty much wearing what looks like a Mk-V version of CQB.

The helicopter things aren't precursors to the Pelican. Like Leatherneck said, it's possible their a Halo variant of the MH-6, which is commonly used as a Green Beret insertion vehicle, command post, or weapons platform.

The SPARTANs themselves are most likely SPARTAN-IIBs. If you consider John-117 and his SPARTAN-IIs as the A class, then these are probably the B class, or the second wave of SPARTAN-IIs. In Halo: Fall of Reach, the book mentions that Mendez will be in charge of training the SECOND wave of SPARTANs. Now, most people assumed that these were the SPARTAN-IIIs, but it may have been possible that he trained the second group of II's as well. Who knows? I have another theory listed below.

Now, I did note one discrepancy. The SPARTAN program was under the command of the UNSC Navy, meaning that all the SPARTANs were given Naval ranks and insignias. BUT, the FNG, the number 6, was called "Lieutenant".

I did come up with a little theory for this. It's very possible that the UNSC Marines (or hell, the Army) decided to create their own class of SPARTANs. This theory fits somewhat, as the Marine Corps. operates through the Navy and has to request resources through them. Having their own contingent of SPARTANs would remove this problem and they would have their own group.

Hm.... but the one in the video looks a bit different from the mark V armor. I think its the Mark IV in the book.

Alright, well, I was excited before, but now I am well beyond that. This looks fantastic! I can hardly wait till the modelers crank this stuff out. I know a lot of them have plenty on their plate, but it would be sick to see some of this stuff hitting soon. That new helm looks great, I love it! And the different perms look like they wil provide plenty of fun. Bungie has the trailer available for download on their site here: http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/vidaudio.aspx?c=58 for anyone looking to snag it. You can get it up to 720p, so snagging some good screen shots shouldn't be too hard. Any ideas as to when Bungie will finalize the release date??

so i was doing some thinking... and who here thinks that the "new guy" of that video kinda fits the description of John-117 ? if i'm not mistaken, MC was at reach around that time, wasn't he ?

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Remember, the Pelican is a BIG dropship. These little tilt-rotors are probably used like MH-6 Little Bird helicopters are used. (The small helicopters in Blackhawk Down.) These would be good for fast insertions of special operations troops without present a HUGE target like a Pelican would.

Those ships are actually Hawks, from Halo wARS. I think they are kind of an older version because, they are missing some detail in the body but, everything is much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back