Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may interject something about your pricing:
1. Does the print actually use $30 of filament or is that just for one spool? You can estimate filament price by figuring out the cents per gram of your spool, then weighing your print.
2. On the other hand, considering the complexity of the build, I think you're selling yourself short for $25 profit.

That's just my opinion as someone trying to break into the professional prop making industry, but I'm all ears to hear other points.

If I may interject something about your pricing:
1. Does the print actually use $30 of filament or is that just for one spool? You can estimate filament price by figuring out the cents per gram of your spool, then weighing your print.
2. On the other hand, considering the complexity of the build, I think you're selling yourself short for $25 profit.

That's just my opinion as someone trying to break into the professional prop making industry, but I'm all ears to hear other points.

It uses almost 75% of a spool of filament because of the shell thickness and its 100% infill to give it maximum strength. However for the price i don't want it to go over $320 since i feel that everyone should have a chance to buy this.

Being that as it may the price isn't fully calculated and may jump up by the time its fully assembled.

Finally got the screen installed and trust me when i say it looks alot better in person cause the camera isn't picking up on the magnefying sheet i have installed but it is turning out pretty well just gotta make a few tweaks here and there
20200208_174126.jpg

the scope progress is coming along well but on a side note there may be either a special variant of the scope or a pair of bifocals that a UNSC soldier/ODST trooper would use in the field made from a pair of 1-0.5 inch CRT units. However these will be in black and white since the only units that were made like this would be in old camera viewfinders.

Be that as it may the CRT units may provide a better picture since they were designed for IR cameras but this is just a possibility right now.

Ok i have just now purchased the camera sensor and it should be in by next month...

And i know what most of you are thinking: "CMON ITS BEEN 2 YEARS JUST BUILD IT!!!"

Well thats exactly how ive been thinking and after this part comes in itll just need a few tweaks in its script and to be painted.

Then bingo its ready to be shipped!

It uses almost 75% of a spool of filament because of the shell thickness and its 100% infill to give it maximum strength. However for the price i don't want it to go over $320 since i feel that everyone should have a chance to buy this.

Being that as it may the price isn't fully calculated and may jump up by the time its fully assembled.

Don't undervalue your time spent on this monster either brother.

Man it has been a while since i posted something here but due to the threat of this virus ive had to lay low a bit.

However, I haven't stopped working on this since the camera module finally came in and getting it mounted to the lens was a big challenge.

This is what ive got in the meantime and ive still gotta program a startup code for the rpi 3b, add a splashscreen to hide the code lines, and figure out a way to have all this in the casing without it overheating.

Everyone stay safe out there and avoid public places since those are hotspots for the virus and remember to wash your hands and have a healthy supply of toilet paper (XD)

Entity, toilet paper has nothing to do with the Corona virus. People whipping up into a panic has caused there to be a shortage thereof in my locale, and it's actually quite bad. If you get the virus, you'll use roughly the same amount of TP as if you don't. Please leave TP for others who desperately need some. Many families in my area are suffering from this.

But otherwise good hygiene and hand washing practices are a great idea.

Entity, toilet paper has nothing to do with the Corona virus. People whipping up into a panic has caused there to be a shortage thereof in my locale, and it's actually quite bad. If you get the virus, you'll use roughly the same amount of TP as if you don't. Please leave TP for others who desperately need some. Many families in my area are suffering from this.

But otherwise good hygiene and hand washing practices are a great idea.

I was joking cause i thought that it was funny since we got people down here racketeering toilet paper for some odd reason

Ok so im deciding on a splashscreen to replace the lines of code for the scope

A: Halo CE loading screen

B: Halo 3 ODST loading screen

Loading screens are all i have right now cause i dont know how to make a custom splashscreen unless people want to wait...
So...

C: wait for a custom splashscreen

I think the ODST one works, because it's computer-y. Reach screen might also look good. I'm interested to see what custom splashscreens you may have.

I was thinking something along the lines of a sort of assassin type splash screen showing off the scope and a bit of the halo legends "babysitter" zoomed in scenes.

However that is if i can get my computer to quit glitching out

Ok so i got it this far now i just need to finish coding it, then get some 5 minute epoxy to hold it together, and lastly coat it in bondoglass for rigidity and smoothing. And maybe even painting it and getting it ready to sell. Im still working on the pricing but im sad to say that it will be more than 300$ for the amount of work and materials i put in it.

Ok i got the final parts of the code done thanks to the help of a few people on the raspberry pi forums. So without further ado heres the scope operating at its fullest capacity.

The next part will be the scope put together and the last one will be it painted and possibly weathered.

Ok so now while i hadn't planned on a small motor causing magnetic interference, now I've gotta make a magnetic sheild for the camera board and put the raspberry pi in its metal case to reduce the chance of the motor switching off the entire raspberry pi.

Hopefully this is the last thing i need to do before putting it all together

Sorry for the long absence the place i live at has run out of 5 minute epoxy and were scrounging up as much of it as we can however in the meantime ive made a IR illuminator for the scope and while i wanted to get a single high power led for this i only had these on hand but it should be able to illuminate up to 30ft if my math is correct and there will be a reflector for added distance

However it will run off the same battery for the motors however i might be able to salvage a 4 pin switch for adding another battery for separate charging
20200920_132111.jpg

I got it wired up and now all i gotta do is wait for some 5 minute epoxy to come in however one thing to note is the color of the infrared light will be purple on the camera sensor for the scope as it isn't a true IR sensor it just has the filter displaced amd i have no idea what makes the IR light green on most cameras
20200920_180522.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back