HALO SPACESHIPS, 3D printing all kinds of ships in the Halo array

What should be printed next?(scale 1:5346)

• CCS Battlecruiser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CRS Class light cruiser

• UNSC Pillar of Autumn

• UNSC Stalwart

• UNSC Defence Platform

• UNSC Marathon

• UNSC Savannah

• Anchor 9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A new year A new scale!
1580669458452.png

So the project I`m currently planning to do when I finish the CPV Destroyer, Corvette`s and Mac Platform is something I have actually been thinking of almost as long as I was of the Shadow of Intent Assault carrier.

I am planning to Build FFG-371 UNSC SAVANNAH a Paris Class Heavy Frigate which has always caught my attention when playing halo reach. There`s just something that makes the Paris Class Frigates look so unbelievable awesome and I really hope 343 will bring them back someday.

I am planning to make the ship 70cm(28Inch) long which makes the model scale 1 to 764 [1:764]. In doing so I can finally print surface vehicles and orbital fighters(which was kinda difficult to do with scale 1:5346).

The reason it has taken so long to finally get this model is because I wanted to print the actual model from the game. Although there are very nice versions made by a lot of talented creators there not the actual ship and because I really wanted the actual model to begin with I really had only one option.

The Assault carrier model was directly extracted from Halo 3 and I thought that finding the extracted model for this one would be just as easy… well it has taken some effort but I finally have the model.

What remains now is removing little imperfections and chopping her up into printable parts(and adding some extra`s like mounting holes for the Point-defence guns etc.).

I`ve learned a lot from printing the CAS so before I start printing anything I try to check everything is right as this will only benefit progression and afterwork once printed.

Little more intel on the current processes:
I have fully painted the Mac Platform in its main colour and I`m working on some details to add to make it come a little more to life(Better docking infrastructure, some small frigates, windows, antenna`s, etc). I have this beautiful book called Halo War fleet which helps a lot when looking for more detail.

The CPV Destroyer is currently just a lot of filler and sanding work. Because I had cut the 3d model on one of the large parts I am stuck with a very long seem at the rear of the ship. This takes some time but we`ll get there eventually. After that I`ll most likely be able to finally put on the special purple paint that I ordered.

The SDV corvette livery is basically done(exept for some imperfections). One of the four has already been painted and I hope to paint the others next week while printing the stands as well.

For now this is all I have to share,

Hope you guys like it

Ps: I am thinking to start a thingiverse account and upload all the models there.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 456
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 414
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 359
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 424
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 301
  • C1.JPG
    C1.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 314
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 298
  • C3.JPG
    C3.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 307
  • C4.JPG
    C4.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 335
  • F3.jpg
    F3.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 324
  • F4.jpg
    F4.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 349
  • F6.jpg
    F6.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 364
  • F8.jpg
    F8.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 330
  • F9.jpg
    F9.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 389
  • F10.jpg
    F10.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 343
  • F11.jpg
    F11.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 382

Badkitty

Member DIN
S327
So on average how much does it cost to get one of your new creations? How about a printed but unfinished version of the FFG-371 UNSC SAVANNAH?

So on average how much does it cost to get one of your new creations? How about a printed but unfinished version of the FFG-371 UNSC SAVANNAH?
A little late but I still wanted to come back on this question, Without spoiling to much but I think that fillament cost are between 80 and 100 euro`s (about 100 to 120 dollars).

Jeffw773

Jr Member
Hello Halo Fans!
Do you have a passion for the spaceships in Halo then this is the right place.
on this thread we discuss the construction of covenant and UNSC Ships. I personally am working on the CAS Shadow of intent and her surrounding fleet {scale 1 to 5346}.

Feel free to join our conversation and post your own progress or reflect on the work of others!
[Posted 5-3-2019]

Actual first post [17-11-2016]
hi there!
I`m new to the forum and don`t realy know all the functions while my english can be bad from time to time. i`l stil try my best ;)
In this blog i would like to ask you to help build me the ship of my dreams.

Shadow of intent an assault carrier with a big history.
I have a the 3d file and already tried it in Perkura designer 4.
The problem is that when i unfold the 3d model, it unfolds itself into gigantic weard looking 2d textures models wich overlap each other.
I dont have the knoledge to cut the pieces proparly from eachother and put them onto seperate sheets.
I was hoping to find someone who has the same love for Covenant assault Carriers as i have and is willing to help me out.
With your help i might unfold the ship proparly and make it into an amazing Peperkura file that others wil also be able to use.
I hope i can get some help with this build and look forward to its completion ;)
If you need any obj files for certain ships or vehicles I have a huge archive of ripped models from the Halo games here: Halo Extractions - Google Drive
They include a ton of really cool detailed ships from every game!

If you need any obj files for certain ships or vehicles I have a huge archive of ripped models from the Halo games here: Halo Extractions - Google Drive
They include a ton of really cool detailed ships from every game!
This is so awesome, I can`t thank you enough!. I`ve been looking for some of these models for months. I couldn`t post lately due to the hustle and bustle from work. However, to put it in Sgt Johnson`s words you brought me quite the 'Motivational device!'

Jeffw773

Jr Member
gonna try to learn the program aswell so that I can extract files myself.
Of course my friend! I'm always happy to help :)
If you ever need some help in regards to extracting with the program I'll help in that regard too. There can be very confusing things that go wrong and I've helped many that have encountered them so feel free to contact me via discord at Plastered_Crab#1070
Happy extracting!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.