Halo: The Fallen (Short Film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about the shawn that was my bad that i didnt give a list of who's stuff we used to be added. but i did message xerxes to add the bubble thing to the video with both ur name and adams so u should be in there soon.

I'm absolutely loving that field-medic chestplate, great work. I'd love to know what method you used to get those awesome decals on, if you didn't mind sharing.

there not decals. i made a outline template and traced that and then hand painted all the details in on in......

well we all got some work done today. and this is the results. 10 chest cores ready for detail and assemble.

Hey all sorry about this but Xerxes tried posting this and it created a new thread. but here is the last teaser before we shoot the final film. and yes Foxleader we do have one in there and here is the link to our kickstarter page. and if you guys have not been to our Facebook page go check it out there are alot of new pix of what we have been doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our marine armor with Adam Grumbo's AR.

550543_388620274506401_1365752692_n.jpg

248180_388620254506403_1199043479_n.jpg

hum. hum... hum..... okay WTF. yeah the training bit was great, but was that a lostus at the end? becasue i hope that's something you wanted to add and aren't going to use. becasue if it is somebody buy them a copy of halo wars, so they can fix it.

hum. hum... hum..... okay WTF. yeah the training bit was great, but was that a lostus at the end? becasue i hope that's something you wanted to add and aren't going to use. becasue if it is somebody buy them a copy of halo wars, so they can fix it.
They don't have to get a copy of Halo Wars to fix it. Why? Becuase the Locust wasn't shown in any great detail unlike the Spartans or the other main characters, so the CGI guys working on the Locust were able to throw in their own creative liberties into the Locust's basic design.

They don't have to get a copy of Halo Wars to fix it. Why? Becuase the Locust wasn't shown in any great detail unlike the Spartans or the other main characters, so the CGI guys working on the Locust were able to throw in their own creative liberties into the Locust's basic design.

well yeah bit needs shields, and the laser needs to be a moving beam not a one shot kill all weapon.

well yeah bit needs shields, and the laser needs to be a moving beam not a one shot kill all weapon.

you HAVE to stop coming in to people's threads and trying to turn it in to your project. these guys, along with any other group making a fan film, can do whatever they want in their film. they can put mario and luigi in there fighting against the covenant if they want, because its their project. they dont need anyones approval, or someone standing over them wagging their finger and telling them what theyre doing wrong.

constructive criticism is one thing, but you have come in to so many threads, so many times, and turned it in to an almost personal vendetta thing with fan film makers because you didnt agree with what they were doing. i have some sad news for you, and thats that no one cares. youve used up all of your credibility by repeating this cycle of posts that just gets eye roll after eye roll from the original posters, and everyone that reads the thread. at this point, youve used up all your credibility, and your criticism is no longer constructive. i think i speak for more than just myself when i ask you to please refrain from posting this kind of stuff anymore. everyone is pretty tired of it. i dont see how youre not also.

JUST. LET. EVERYONE. MAKE. THEIR. FAN. FILMS. IN. PEACE.

you HAVE to stop coming in to people's threads and trying to turn it in to your project. these guys, along with any other group making a fan film, can do whatever they want in their film. they can put mario and luigi in there fighting against the covenant if they want, because its their project. they dont need anyones approval, or someone standing over them wagging their finger and telling them what theyre doing wrong.

constructive criticism is one thing, but you have come in to so many threads, so many times, and turned it in to an almost personal vendetta thing with fan film makers because you didnt agree with what they were doing. i have some sad news for you, and thats that no one cares. youve used up all of your credibility by repeating this cycle of posts that just gets eye roll after eye roll from the original posters, and everyone that reads the thread. at this point, youve used up all your credibility, and your criticism is no longer constructive. i think i speak for more than just myself when i ask you to please refrain from posting this kind of stuff anymore. everyone is pretty tired of it. i dont see how youre not also.

And this is why the 405th needs a "Like" button. But seriously, I feel the same way... Nothing annoys me more than having someone who hasn't tried to make a fan-film critisize them to such repeated degrees. Good show, ol' chap, jolly good show

You+_6f99b8297d8431b02f8d8deae911adc6.png

i hear the fallen has a kickstarter up, time to drop the bomb.

i am helpping guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Grenade Launcher

Reach takes place prior to the events of Halo, so it would be reasonable if a grenade launcher did appear.

"The M319 IGL (more formally Individual Grenade Launcher, Caliber 40mm, M319) is a single shot, break-action, grenade launcher firing 40mm ammunition. Because of its simplicity, ruggedness, and firepower, the M319 has been a mainstay within the UNSC Army’s arsenal since its official adoption in 2263."
-http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/article.aspx?ucc=ordnance&cid=25434

If we choose to utilize it in the film, it would be within canon for it to appear. As seen at the end of Halo: Reach, the Marines of the Pillar of Autumn were using scavanged Army material as needed, and it wouldn't be unreasonable to figure they snagged a few grenade launchers.

It is my goal to remain true to the canon of the universe first, with the most recent games and written material surpassing the older games, which have more limitations in presenting the Halo universe due to their format and age. I also want to be sure to give our Director and creative team plenty of room to bring their own unique touch to the project.

Great examples are the Halo live action shorts, particularly Landfall and We Are ODST. They did not rigidly adhere to the games, but they stuck close enough that it was instantly recognizable and a fitting tribute.

Now, enjoy this WIP shot and another little banner dealio!

417510_323483017686794_195335357168228_864496_733529174_n.jpg

"The first and only screenshot we'll be showing of the Visual FX Teaser until we release it. We still have a lot of work to go but until then, hope you all like it!"

426298_10101020663089793_1234605_62778252_2070608_n.jpg

Colors and such on the Pelican, Elite Minor, etc. will be tweaked in post-production, so these are not final products. We do appreciate the feedback and will keep it in consideration though. :)

The only thing I could suggest is try o take off some of the shine the vehicles seem to have, mostly the Pelican... The too-clean look makes it look more of a cgi product than an actual piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back