Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating updates..........durrrr...........LOL

I now have BOTH shin pieces pepped. There are just a few small things I have to add to them, but they are pretty close to being finished. :) I went ahead and took some pics of what I have so far. The only stuff missing from the pictures is my helmet and the shoulders. :)

And my thigh pieces kept sliding down! haha It doesn't help that the pants I am wearing are slippery! haha

bottom_side.jpg
bottom_back.jpg

bottom_front.jpg

Yeah, sorry about the dark, blurry pictures. I was standing in front of a mirror and did not exactly have the best lighting. :(

full_side.jpg
full_front.jpg

teletron1 said:
I cant wait to see how this build turns out . I try to check back & forth to see something can use for my build ( Thanks for the Advice :) ) We definately should talk if you start up on your DARE build again (Did I mention I sew !!) I know there are alot of fabric parts to it . Will you convert a wooden boken for his sword or will you just use a real one ?

I plan on using a real sword. Already found the one I want and all I have to do now is order it! :D And I don't ever plan on going back to my DARE build as I am selling off the parts to it. I ONLY wanted to make it to wear to the release which didn't happen because of the weather. :( I just wore the helmet that Ithica loaned to me which I sent back. And I also sew! I started sewing a costume a few years back and I am now working on it again to have finished for halloween! :D I sewed the whole thing without a pattern so I was VERY surprised that it fit! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek EPIC BUILD!!! , halo goddess this is going amazing! , it looks like everything is in full correct proportion i seriously cant wait untill this is fully done , lol i might even cry ;) it will be that awesome

why use a real sword when you can make a foamy one. Flex-foam swords are more fun a cons and on "Halo"-ween can you can hit people with them

The armor looks really good. The fitting seems perfect. What chest piece are you using?

"The helmet and shoulder piece have already been resined. I did those in the begining of august when it was still nice outside. Now it's too damn cold to do any of that stuff so I will have to wait about 5-6 months until I can start resining again."

I was having this same problem and i read on the forums about using a hot box. Take a two liter bottle fill it with hot water and then the pieces you need to fiberglass and resin and put them in the box together and close the top on the box and it will dry your the piece as normal.

This way we don't have to wait till next year for updates.

xavierjer said:
The armor looks really good. The fitting seems perfect. What chest piece are you using?

yeh same , now that i look more closely st it , whose file is that?

<Insert Obligatory Flirtation>

On a completely separate note - why exactly were you not liking the DARE set-up? Truth be told I thought it was one of the better ODST set-ups (Which in themselves have always looked rather good).

In the end though, this suit will assuredly be a one of a kind and draw more than a couple sets of eyes.

Keep us updated!

Wow your blazing along . Glad your using a real sword it will look more menacing . The fit is awesome makes me wanna take my time with my suit next time . Every new picture is like a cracker jack prize when I check your thread :)

ponchato said:
The armor looks cleanly built, but why is your shirt rolled up?

Not sure if I'm hitting this one on the head, but I thought the idea of this project is to create a suit modeled after the "Female Spartan" image linked earlier, which has no real under-suit along the midriff.

You're making excellent progress. Sorry the Dare didn't make it. Like it was said above, use a heat box. It was freezing last winter and we used one with no problems. As long as the wet fiberglass doesn't drip down into the electric heater, it should be fine.

Glad to see you are back to Busa and kicking butt too boot! I must admit I was disappointed when you dropped it for Dare, but I am diggin the progress to date! Love the pep modifications, they look great. My girlfriend loves the look, I too am in the same boat, trying to get her into the armor. She thinks I am a little nuts, but you are rubbing off on her, so thanks a ton!!! Now I don't have to quit pepping when she comes over, she tries a few pieces here and there. So once again, thanks a million!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back