Having A Go At 3D Modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Jr Member
Hey guys & girls of the 405th I thought I would have a shot at a bit of 3D modeling, I used Google Sketchup for this. It took me about 6 hours(maybe)& I'm impressed with it seeing as I'm not familiar with 3D modeling at all, so here it is

Axe Head

BsAxe2.jpg

Handle End

BsAxe3.jpg

Hope u enjoy

Now for my next question, I designed this for a friend & I'm crap at unfolding so I'm looking for some1 to unfold this for me. So if any1 is willing to unfold it I will gladly e-mail the file to u, thanks in advance.

Cheers

Heres a few more Ive done, theyre not original designs but i just made them 3D.

StarkIndustryLogojpg.jpg

ODSTFlag3D.jpg

ODSTFlag3D_2.jpg

Critisism is always welcome

Cheers

Well guys Im back & ive remodeled blade Tekno Crystal & Tek Lancer

BladesTeknoCrystalVer20.jpg

.pdo can be found here http://www.4shared.com/file/AVu879qx/Blades_Tekno_Crystal.html

BladesTekLancerVer20.jpg

This still needs to be unfolded, so if anyone wants to give it a shot you can find it here http://www.4shared.com/file/a961iqU6/Blades_Tek_Lancer_Ver_21.html
Cheers Dragon

Well heres another 1 this time its Sabres Tekno Crystal, now it may look a little "off" to the 1 from the anime but it was near impossible to find a front on shot of it.

SabresTeknoCrystal.jpg

Unfolded .pdo can be found here http://www.4shared.com/file/x83PwV0T/Sabres_Tekno_Crystal.html

Cheers Dragon

Thanks for that Xtreme ive sent an email off to u with the file attached no need to rush on it so when ever u get it done will fine

Cheers

OK guys & girls here's another 3D model i just finished, its the Slayers Scythe from Buffy The Vampire Slayer TV series. Now i haven't unfolded it yet, because in my opinion its going to be a nightmare to unfold for me because I'm still not that great at unfolds. But if any1 wants to have a go at it ill gladly send them the file & give that person full credit for the unfold. So here it is guys

SlayersScythe.jpg

Once again comments r always welcomed

Cheers

(I apoligise for necroing my own post in advance, but i have good reason to)

Hi there guys its been awhile since i was here, mainly due to not having a computer due to it going BANG!!! or internet access. Now that said my 4shared files were deleted due to inactivity, so what i was wondering is did anyone from here download my files for Blades Tekno Crystal, Tek Lancer & the Maximal & Predacon logos? Would relly like to add them to my 4shared again.

Cheers guys
Dragon.

I just looked at it and it's not ready for pepping. Specifically, I looked at the lancer and intersecting internal planes are everywhere. Not only that, when I unfolded the model, the pieces do not connect to other pieces; only to itself. There are major issues with the model and I'm being generous when I said "major" because honestly, I've never seen one behave like this in Designer so I'm at a loss on what to tell you.

Thanks for having a look Ral & Im glad i wasnt the only one that thought "OK this is weird". The Ver 1 Lancer i did originally was spot on perfect & unfolded without a hitch but unfortunately i no longer have that file as posted in a previous post, thats why I had to do Ver 2. But thanks again anyway for having a look Ral.

Cheers Dragon

Updated the Tek Lancer file & as far as i can tell this 1 behaves normally in Pep Designer because i did it in SU6, maybe theres a compatablity issue or something between SU8 & Pep designer. Also if any1 has a go at unfolding the Lancer its pretty big at 2000mm from tip to tip.

Cheers Dragon

I looked at it and it definitely exported better than the last one, which looked grayed out for some reason. Also, the pieces are now connecting to each other and that's a vast improvement. Maybe using SU6 does make a difference. I prefer using SU6 to any of its later versions anyway. The next thing you have to do to make this model pep-friendly is to go inside and eliminate all the intersecting planes inside, essentially gutting it out and leaving only a shell of the model.

Thanks for having alook at this 1 too Ral, as for "gutting" out the model I went inside & had a look see & theres nothing left but the shell as far as i could tell. The outter "shell" of the heads is meant to resemble the looks of a Z, basically the Lancer "heads" from the cartoon would split off into 2 "boomerang" type pieces & a spear per end & when they came back & reformed the whole Lancer the "boomerang" pieces would nest on top of each other & the "spear head". Its kinda hard to explain with out actually seeing the show, so heres a clip that shows what i mean
skip to about 5:40.

Cheers Dragon

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back