"Help!" for: Armor Mounting / Costume Assembling

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the thing is my camera broke...yay lol but yea i know ill have to cut it down in some areas but like the gaps between the visor and helm how should i fill them

Well, there are multiple ways to do this, each method having its own advantages and disadvantages. First, ceran wrap the visor to ensure it takes no damage. Then, you should use some method to make sure the visor stays attached to the helmet (lots of people use bolts to make it removable, while some just glue it onto the helmet). Where the variation ensues is how to fill the gaps. Some people use bondo successfully, while some use epoxy putty (the method I will be using is the latter). Since the visor is covered in ceran wrap, it can just be removed and the bondo/putty won't adhere to it. Then, sand down the imperfections made, and reattach/re-glue it.

Could someone look at my recon wip and tell me a) how badly is my bondo job stinks and how long it will be to fix it and b) what r some good techniques to apply bondo better thanks

I have a question for you veterans of splitting pieces: For forearm pieces, in which manner is splitting them the best? Here is a picture of each side of the cut I plan to make, but how would you guys do it?

1001121436.jpg

1001121436a.jpg

I actually didn't split mine. I made the wrist opening just wide enough to squeeze into. Then when you put your glove on, it basically helps hold it in place.

Didn't see any links on the FP, so I'll ask: aren't there any video tuts for armour mounting and strapping? I found no stickied topics in the "related videos" section, either. -_-'

I actually didn't split mine. I made the wrist opening just wide enough to squeeze into. Then when you put your glove on, it basically helps hold it in place.

I did the same thing, and it works out fine for me.

Didn't see any links on the FP, so I'll ask: aren't there any video tuts for armour mounting and strapping? I found no stickied topics in the "related videos" section, either. -_-'

Not to my knowledge.

Very well, then. I know a few others have done this as well, but way more people just make the gauntlets slip-on-able. The reason being to prevent the gauntlet from appearing too big. I'll just experiment, I suppose. ADVENTURE!!!

Has anyone tried using a flexable/stretchy material for their straps? So when the armour pieces are put on, the straps are just a little too short, and they hold on nice and firm? I'm considering using this technique. Any info would be helpfull.

when it comes to opening 3d files into pepakura, if they're detailed, can you just click "unfold" and print or do you have to define the edges?

Hello there, I got a quick noob question if you don't mind. On the HD Flying Squirrel chest piece it's broken up into two different pieces. When I harden it, am I suppose to harden them as one or do I attach it as part of the mounting later?

Good luck with your build. The boots usually come with the armour set you download. If they aren't there, check the threads a bit and see if they have another armour set and use the boots you find. Thats what I would do.

Hey guys just a few quick questions. What's the best way to mount a visor? And also how hard is a motorcycle helmet inside (padding) to install? Of I remember correctly they button in I believe. And lastly where and for what model helmet do you guys buy these parts for? Thanks!!

So I am undertaking a strange idea here; I want to combine 2 suits of armor, but not just pieces from one and the other. I am combining the ODST suit and the Jorge from noble team's chest piece. Would it be practical to place the Jogre chest piece over the base chest of the ODST suit? or just put the Jorge chest on and have the chest attachments placed on under?

I believe you're talking about adding the large permutation on Jorge's chest (the one that looks like a giant thermos) to the ODST chest. If that is the case, then I don't see why it would be more difficult than adding the permutation to a spartan chest. I haven't seen the pep model, so keep in mind that if you are using the pep method (which is quite tried and true), there may be some additional parts to the pep that won't be necessary or practical. Think of the method of attaching it to the ODST chest that you will be using ahead of time, so you know what parts of the permutation you need and what parts you don't.

Well I need the entire Jorge Chest piece, but If you look at it it has a lot of room on the inside and the ODST chest base is tight to the body. So should I just pad up the inside of the Jorge? Leave it empty so it doesn't add weight and heat? That's really what I am asking I guess haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back