"Help!" for: Forum Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,

hope to find some help here (first sorry for my bad english, i'm from Germany, but i hope i can explain my problems in a clear way!)

I started making my a MC-Armor and i had read a lot of Toturials here and watch some Videos on Youtube etc... may the first mistake was to start with the helmet, but I had done well, but the helmet was way to small. (I tryed the math with my high in inches /86 multipli with the scale of the pep file) The Second Hemlet I hat finished yet was scaled with the length from the top of my head to the chinn (vertical). The first try-on was very depressing, because the helmet looks like it fits very good, but when taking it on, my ears are right in the way, so i have to curve it a little bit! An so i tought aber fiberglassing it, but now i got some misgivings about it.
Should I do one more helmet a bit bigger then the last?

I had read the sclaing Tutorial but i dont find a picture of the MKV VI Armor. Can someone may help me scaling my files?

Hope everthing is good to read und you understand my problems!

Greetings Cooper117

It's normal that your ears are in the way, if they weren't, your model would probably be too large. Once the helmet is hardened, you'll have to cut away the parts at the bottom that are in the way and it'll probably be fine. If you want to make sure, you can try cutting them in the middle and folding them out of the way for test fitting, but I'd re-attach them afterwards because they add stability.

Hi, I'm new. Nice to meet you all.

Just a dumb question: I just noticed I made a spelling error in my forum name. Is it possible for me to correct it? (provided that the original spelling isn't taken in the first place)

It's so glaringly obvious, that it makes me feel stupid that I accidentally hit the 'a' button twice when I made the nickname.

When I make a thread about my armor/costume, do I have to already have something finished? Or can I start the thread off by just saying what I'm planning on doing?

When I make a thread about my armor/costume, do I have to already have something finished? Or can I start the thread off by just saying what I'm planning on doing?

It doesn't have to be finished, but you have to have something more than a plan. Something you can take pictures of.

I get an error message whenever I try to access to my blog

vBulletin Message
nightlynutria, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

if you check my signature I have a link to my blog which had pictures of my work with the mark VI but now I get that message
PS I have been absent for a couple of months, do you guys think that's the problem?

Thank you good sir, you were very helpful. I was afraid my pictures would be lost, I don't have backups.

You uploaded your pictures to PhotoBucket. You can just get them back from there, that has nothing to do with the blog section being locked for you.

Why cannot I start a new tread in the 3D Modelling forum?

You must gain Infantryman status in order to post outside the noob forum. The exact requirements for Infantryman status are unknown (to all but the administration) but are thought to be having a minimum of 100 posts in addition to contributing to the community (not just spamming threads in order to boost post-count). You may start your thread in the noob forum now, and if/when you gain Infantryman status, you can request a moderator to relocate your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back