"Help!" for: Forum Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes what he said but i was wondering what exactly is wrong with the system and does anyone have any guesses as to when the pepakura files option will be up and running again?

The subscribing to people's threads, does that just notify you when it is updated by the user or just posted on in general? If so how do you subscribe to it? Do you have to be Infantryman for that? Also, I see some guys using their Reach character for basis of their armor where do they usually get that vanity pic from?

So I thought I saw someone post something a while ago about a 405th store? Like to sell props that you make? Was he just talking about selling through a thread or something? Or is that even okay?

So I thought I saw someone post something a while ago about a 405th store? Like to sell props that you make? Was he just talking about selling through a thread or something? Or is that even okay?

Once you reach infantryman status, you gain acess to the Classified section. That is where you can buy and sell items. Posting about buying or selling done outside the section is against the rules.

Hey! Please forgive the kinda necro post.

Although I have been a member for about 2 years now, I have not made many posts, therefore, (to my knowledge that is) I can only post New Threads in the Noob Forum.

My question is, is it possible to create a sort of.. "check box" poll in this section? I plan on making the most detailed, perfect-as-humanly-possible Weapon Prop that is chosen by the members of the 405th. I thought the best way of doing this was to create a Poll. I've seen the option on other websites much like this one, however, I cannot seem to find that option anywhere. Is it not possible to create a Poll on this website in particular, or is it because I can only post new threads in the Noob Forum?

Thank you VERY much in advance! :)

Yeah, from what I understand, you can't create polls in the n00b section.

I just got infantryman, I can create polls in the creation discussion, but cannot post new threads in n00b, so I think that's pretty telling.

Don't worry about necro, these stickies are for questions!

Just a few questions about the basic Forum appearance;

1. What do the red boxes on the side of posts signify? Is it a rank sort of thing or is someone's first post always a grey box. So far I only have one thread, and I noticed that there aren't any grey boxes besides mine, is that because it's my first thread?

2. Signatures: How do I hyperlink a word or phrase, I tried the "a href" method without success, but I've seen plenty of hyperlinked phrases in peoples signatures.

Thanks for all the help!

The box indicates the type of thread it is. You can find a key at the bottom of the noob forum page. To insert phrases as hyperlinks click the insert link button above the reply box. It's a globe with a chain link on it. Simply insert the url and it will go into your reply automatically. The highlighted portion is what the text would be, so replace that with the text you want. If you don't know what I mean I can try to explain it better, or with pictures.

yes, number of posts and time spent on forum (you've met the second one, which is about 3 months)

Hey, I'm having issues with posting. I keep trying to post a new thread on the noob forum, but it's saying that I don't have the permissions to do so. However, I have no problems with commenting though. Can one of the mods help me?

There is no problem. Look at your rank underneath your name in the post above. It says "Infantryman" That means you've been promoted! If you want to make new build threads, post them in the Creation Discussion subforum, that's your new home now.

Quick question:
What do the colored squares next to the thread names indicate? I get that a red square with a lock is a closed thread, but what is the difference between say...a grey square with a glowing dot and a red square with no dot?

Scroll down to the bottom of the page with the list of all the posts, and you will see a handy pictoral legend for all of that.

i was wondering how to post a thread ! i really want to show people my work and get tips from people on my builds , thanks!

i was wondering how to post a thread ! i really want to show people my work and get tips from people on my builds , thanks!

Welcome to the forums. As a new member you may only post new threads in the Noob Forum (http://www.405th.com/forumdisplay.php/21-Noob-Forum). A button in the upper left corner of the forum gives you the option to post a new thread. Once you are a full member (infantryman) all forums will have this option except for the Elite Forum, as only exceptional projects are placed their based on the opinions of the site's moderators.

I highly suggest taking time to look around the different forums and reading through sticky (stickies are found at the top of the thread list in each forum), tutorial, and work progress threads to gain a good understanding of the processes and materials involved with this hobby. This will take some effort on your part but will benefit you greatly in learning how to excel in the armor-making craft. Good places to begin are with Roadkiller's reading list (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list) and Spitfire22V and company's all-in-one new member introduction guide (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34408-All-In-One-New-Member-Introduction-Guide). Good luck with your builds.

Welcome to the forums. As a new member you may only post new threads in the Noob Forum (http://www.405th.com/forumdisplay.php/21-Noob-Forum). A button in the upper left corner of the forum gives you the option to post a new thread. Once you are a full member (infantryman) all forums will have this option except for the Elite Forum, as only exceptional projects are placed their based on the opinions of the site's moderators.

I highly suggest taking time to look around the different forums and reading through sticky (stickies are found at the top of the thread list in each forum), tutorial, and work progress threads to gain a good understanding of the processes and materials involved with this hobby. This will take some effort on your part but will benefit you greatly in learning how to excel in the armor-making craft. Good places to begin are with Roadkiller's reading list (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list) and Spitfire22V and company's all-in-one new member introduction guide (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34408-All-In-One-New-Member-Introduction-Guide). Good luck with your builds.

thank you that really helped me! how long does it take to become infantryman?

I started 1 thread (My juggernaut suit) and now I want to start another thread for my new costume. The thread keeps telling me that I'm not allowed to. The only things that have changed since the start of my first thread and this one was my promotion to Infantryman, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back