"Help!" for: Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi how do I create the mirror effect for helmet glass? Can`t find a proper paint which can do that. Your guys have any suggestion?

hi how do I create the mirror effect for helmet glass? Can`t find a proper paint which can do that. Your guys have any suggestion?

Krylon X-metals spray paints. Light mist coats on the inside of the visor.

Haven't done this myself, but I'm fairly sure this is how it's done if scratch-building a visor.

Or, you can just buy a replacement motorcycle helmet visor if the helmet design allows it.

hey, How would I go about painting something a nice digital camoflauge? If anybody has a good method it would be appreciated. Tahnks, Aaron

hey, How would I go about painting something a nice digital camoflauge? If anybody has a good method it would be appreciated. Tahnks, Aaron

Just search for "digital camo paint" or "digital camo how to" or something like that on Youtube, the results are full of tutorials.

I want to do the standard green on the suit but i dont know which green it is or how to make it. what color and what brand? and gloss or satin? i dont know anything about paints!

thank you in advance for your help!

I want to do the standard green on the suit but i dont know which green it is or how to make it. what color and what brand? and gloss or satin? i dont know anything about paints!

thank you in advance for your help!

If you have one of the Halo Action figures (or the helmet that came with 3) take it down to your local Napa/Autozone/auto parts store that sells automotive pain and they can do a paint match to their catalog. When you find one that fits, then you can have them mix you up a batch.

N2263_830_4.jpg

Painters Tourch Satin Oregano.

Available at Home Depot in Canada, not sure if it's the same south of the border, but worth a look.

Hmm ok I'll check out that color. Do I use gloss or satin?
And does it have to be automotive paint or can it be like house paint?

I've found House paint to be tricky. automotive paint has bonding elements that adhere better to plastic, metal and fiberglass.

I will repeat the name of the paint - SATIN Oregano.
Note that it is a rust paint designed to adhere to all the normal auto-body components such as metal, rust, "bondo" and fibreglass.

Lol in my excitement I missed that. Ok well thanks you guys. That definitely helped. I read through the forum and found some good tutorials for painting. I feel a little bit more comfortable about tackleing this than I did before.

i don't know if anyone has mentioned it for the scratch effect but you can buy a products called liquid paint mask. i came across it when i was customizing controllers but sadly i haven't actually used it. i might end up using this because you can use a thick or very thin brush to paint it on over your base color then paint over the liquid paint mask with the top color. when its all dry you just peel of the liquid paint mask revealing the bottom color

HELLO! n00b here making first set of armor.

need paint tips

what type of paint? (spray, acrillic, etc.)
how many coats?

im still deciding what color a spartan blue or a master chief color

About how much cans of primer and color paint would it take to paint a whole suit? Also, is Walmart Color Place blue considered gloss or satin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back