"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the response, very helpful :)

I guess ill start the helmet soon, I figure I should be able to get a functioning outfit for Halloween and improve on that later for conventions.

What sizing did you use for your head? Mine measures 9" in length and I just sized it to 10.5 With my crunch time, I don't leave much room for error :(

For finding the right scale, it's pretty much a guesstimate. For a helmet, I'd go from chin to top of the head, and then add 2cm. When in doubt, make it a little on the big side. You may not have good mobility (learned that one the hard way), but you will be able to wear your armor.

Sorry, got busy and didnt manage to look through this thread.

As it comes to downloading Files, there have been some in which I've noticed you can download in A4 vs Letter, I assume Letter is the 8.5-11". But with the ones that dont give you an option, is there an obvious way of knowing what it is?

What sizing did you use for your head? Mine measures 9" in length and I just sized it to 10.5 With my crunch time, I don't leave much room for error :(

I didn't resize my head for the project :)

My helmet (#3) is 250 mm wide, but you should really read the scaling tutorial and do that stuff yourself. It saves a lot of time if you get it right the first time.

As it comes to downloading Files, there have been some in which I've noticed you can download in A4 vs Letter, I assume Letter is the 8.5-11". But with the ones that dont give you an option, is there an obvious way of knowing what it is?

It doesn't really matter, because you can just change the paper format yourself.

Ok, I am having an issue with the Pepakura Designer 3. I can't get the edge id numbers to print in black. I have to print things with the face surface shaded in order to see the edge id numbers in white. How can I fix this issue so I can not waste my ink?

Im trying to make ODST armour and im a bit confused with the scales. Since there not Spartan Armour I cant use those scales I dont think, and I been searching everying where for the answer and no luck. Im trying to get it down by haloween.

The question is, What do I put in the scales, is there a formula or anything?

Im trying to make ODST armour and im a bit confused with the scales. Since there not Spartan Armour I cant use those scales I dont think, and I been searching everying where for the answer and no luck. Im trying to get it down by haloween.

The question is, What do I put in the scales, is there a formula or anything?

The scaling tutorial applies just the same. You may even notice that the example in that tutorial actually is an ODST. The big secret to this isn't a formula, it's a ruler.

My two answers:

1. Here, please read the thread also:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/8547-405Th-Graphic-Guidelines

2. The answer from "Adam", who is the founder of the 405th website and as much as anyone can claim to be the guardian of its' intellectual property (the thread is also a worthwhile read):

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...n-to-start-a-controversy.?p=444486#post444486

Thanks, Roadkiller, for your help! I just got the approval last night!

Well, I'm back. I'm on my second forearm so far, and this one I just assembled the wrist. The first was far too small to get my hand through...

And now the second seems the same, despite being somewhat bigger after adjusting my measurements and scaling. Is it expected I'm going to have to trim off around the wrist? It's to the point I can't even get my knuckles through, just my fingers and thumb with them all smooshed together, and that's about it. The wrist hole seems rather small whereas the forearm itself looks close to being right, from what I can see. Any advice? I tried searching and came up short.

How do I make sure my paper is converting to the right size? I have the scale number set correctly, and I set paper size to letter, did that mess up my size or will it scale to that paper automatically? It was orginially for A4 paper when i scaled it.

How do I make sure my paper is converting to the right size? I have the scale number set correctly, and I set paper size to letter, did that mess up my size or will it scale to that paper automatically? It was orginially for A4 paper when i scaled it.

Paper size and scaling are independent of each other. Changing the paper size does not change the scale.

I can't get edge Id's to work..
I have the box ticked in the settings panel, but when I try and print it out the numbers aren't there.

Ha! I got this one! Someone helped me out with the exact same problem recently :D Go to the top toolbar, click 2D Menu, go 5 buttons down and click "Show edge ID"! Ive never heard of a pepakura not being numbered (not that that means anything :p) so I hope that works for you. Have fun!

k im trying to make the gundam RX-78-2 so how would i scale it to my size. i've read around the forums and i hear some people saying theres a formula or somthing also am i measuring the height of the certain body part im making or my full height for every piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back