"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so midway through my build, I am trying to print out the MK VI Shin pieces and after multiple attempts the edge id's are not showing up. The show edge id setting is checked which means its on. In print preview it shows the numbers. Anyone know how to fix this?

I am planing to build a gunir armour now I have found a pep file for the helmit originaly unfolded by nintendude I believe but the scale is way to small now the problem it is locked so I am unable to rescale it using the editor and am only able to open with the viewer does somone maby have a solution for me?? A 3d file is also oke than I would make an attempt to unfold it myself have done it before so think I am still able to maby haha

If you can link me to where you found the file, I can take a look.

Alternatively, there are other gungnir files that are pretty good you could give a try also!

Whichever you decide, I'll do my best! I don't know about locked files myself off the top of my head, so someone else may chime in about that issue.

I don't use google for anything other than non-halo pepakura pieces. We keep most of the halo ones on a 4shared repository. It's a bit of a hassle since you need to create a free account, but it is a free spot to dump the files in a single spot. There are a few gungnir files there and the ones I downloaded are NOT locked.

http://405th.4shared.com

Check it out! I'll also look at the file you linked.

Edit: I looked at that file, there are two MUCH nicer gungnir files on the 405th db, so definitely give those a spin. I keep a local copy of the db, but mine says it's in the Reach folder.

thank you very much katsu

i have a account at 4shared so that is oke found a much nicer one indeed as u said thank you.
just printed it out so this evening i know what i have to do haha
maby go to the city after work do think i need some stronger paper now printed it on office paper think it will we to fragile to apply resin on but than i just print i again this evening

Regular paper won't work.

If you can, get 110lbs cardstock or at least 60lbs. Regular paper will collapse when you try to resin it.

that was what i was thinking just looked on the site of the local hobby store and the have the 110lbs already called and i can pick u 100 sheats at the end of the day it wass all they had in stock :( but placed an order for aditional 300 think that will be enough for the entire suit if not just order more later on

picked up the paper and you were right thank you katsu it is much better also picked up a cutting mat and a scalpel like knife so i dont have to use a scissor anymore

now lets start building :p

im having some problems with the pepekura program every model im trying to print out fails pages 1 to 9 all are fine but after that i only get numbers and nomore lines anyone has any idea how this is posible because before it was working just fine :S

im having some problems with the pepekura program every model im trying to print out fails pages 1 to 9 all are fine but after that i only get numbers and nomore lines anyone has any idea how this is posible because before it was working just fine :S
have you try adding transparency of the printer ?

Ok, I've successfully pieced together a noble six helmet and now I am moving onto the Mark IV chest armor. My problem now is the fold. There are big dashed lines and slightly smaller dashed lines ( There is no - *- *- for the valley fold) and I am not sure if the smaller dashed lines are for valley or mountain folds?

Ok, I've successfully pieced together a noble six helmet and now I am moving onto the Mark IV chest armor. My problem now is the fold. There are big dashed lines and slightly smaller dashed lines ( There is no - *- *- for the valley fold) and I am not sure if the smaller dashed lines are for valley or mountain folds?

Hay mate this one stumped me as well the lines like this _-_-_ are valley and these ones ------ are mountain.

Sorry for the double post but while I'm here I noticed my oceanic helmet had to different styles of build and folding on the same section but on opposite sides of the helm, is there a a way to go this or?

Depends on the person that unfolded it.
Sometimes valleys are . _ . _ . _ . _
But generally anything that isn't --------- is a valley.

Depends on the person that unfolded it.
Sometimes valleys are . _ . _ . _ . _
But generally anything that isn't --------- is a valley.

The problem is that valley folds are exactly like mountain folds, only smaller. I managed to figure it out anyway after getting nervous how I might screw up the folding. So basically the larger dashed lines are mountains, no matter what.

Thanks for the help, guys.

So basically the larger dashed lines are mountains, no matter what.

Actually, that's not necessarily true. When you download an unfolded .pdo file, the default line patterns will be however they were defined by the person who did the unfold and uploaded the file. The line patterns (and colors) can be changed in the program's settings. If you don't like how they look, simply go into the settings and change the line styles to suit your preference. So "no matter what" can potentially mislead you depending on the line styles for a particular file.

RobotChicken is right, assuming that a linetype is a particular fold is a bad idea.

Just to avoid any confusion, when I get ready to pep a model, I always set both fold line types to solid, then color code them (red=mountain, blue=valley). Even on the smallest tab, there's no confusing a valley fold with a mountain fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back