"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just making sure - if you had a valley fold you would fold inward (down), and if you had a mountain fold you would fold outward (up)?

Just making sure - if you had a valley fold you would fold inward (down), and if you had a mountain fold you would fold outward (up)?

The other way around. The fold line is going to be the valley or mountain. If you fold up, you're creating a valley in the paper.

Make sure to read the papercraft tutorial.

The other way around. The fold line is going to be the valley or mountain. If you fold up, you're creating a valley in the paper.

Make sure to read the papercraft tutorial.

Might be a little confusing....a mountain fold is where the fold line is the high point. Valley fold is the lown point.

I'm thinking of buying a license key for pepakura(finally got to the point where I HAVE to start saving unfolds) Once we get the key, we can only use it once for only one computer, correct? Also, if we entered it in already, and the computer got rebooted/resetted, would we have to buy another key? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I need some help with the printing. I don't exactly have any problems, but I'd like to know if you can print pepakura straight onto the cardboard. Or do I have to print it first on normal paper (documenting, paperplanes etc) and then cut it by the lines on the cardboard.
If there is any printers that can print on cardboard, can you please tell the price category? Because I don't have a great budget for my project.
Thanks for the help :D

Hi, I need some help with the printing. I don't exactly have any problems, but I'd like to know if you can print pepakura straight onto the cardboard. Or do I have to print it first on normal paper (documenting, paperplanes etc) and then cut it by the lines on the cardboard.
If there is any printers that can print on cardboard, can you please tell the price category? Because I don't have a great budget for my project.
Thanks for the help :D

Any halfway decent printer can handle cardstock in my experience, especially those that are advertised as photo-oriented. Just have a look at the specs before buying, there's usually a section in the manual that explains what types of paper it likes (and, totally unoficially, you can usually go slightly higher as well :)).

I'm thinking of buying a license key for pepakura(finally got to the point where I HAVE to start saving unfolds) Once we get the key, we can only use it once for only one computer, correct? Also, if we entered it in already, and the computer got rebooted/resetted, would we have to buy another key? Thanks in advance.

No. You can reboot your computer as many times as you like with the key. I have had a problem where you have to re-enter the key (more related to BSOD's while overclocking) after a reboot, but it seems to have gone away now. And I think you cant use the key on up to 3 computers, but I could be wrong.

Hi, When I try to print my iron man helm I use A4 sized paper 200g. I've found out that I need it to be around 267/68 mm height to fit my head. However the mark 6 model posted by sharkhead is unfolded in 262 mm height. When I scale it up to 268, it doesn't fit the paper and asks me if it should scale down to paper size. If I click no it prints out the numbers, but without the lines between. What options do I have?, Is it necessary to use A3 paper instead? Thanks.

You have two choices:

1. Print the parts on the multiple pages. Then tape or glue the piece(s) back together once you cut it out; or
2. Use Pepakura's "Join/Disjoin" faces function to spit the part(s) into smaller pieces (available in the 2D Menu - edit mode).

This was also a big help to me since I have just started and have no idea what im doing. Like many others though, I have a problem with scale issues. I have seen post about it but its unclear if EVERYTHING should be the same scale. For instance, I am 6'2 and weigh about 160 lbs. Does my helmet and chest need to be the same scale? Thanks to Ithica for the awesome videos and thanks to Hollywood for posting the link.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will go with an A3 print as it will probably be easier if it's not broken down into smaller parts.

... it's unclear if EVERYTHING should be the same scale. For instance, I am 6'2 and weigh about 160 lbs. Does my helmet and chest need to be the same scale? ...

Only if your body is perfectly symmetrical, which is unlikely. Personally, my 'trunk' is longer than average for a person of my height (6') which makes my legs a bit shorter than average. You may be fine using the same scale for everything, but it's worth measuring to ensure maximum comfort when fitting the final piece.

I am working on my first pep. Just actually started today. I am a bit of a perfectionist and place more stock into planning than the actual doing. But as the sayings go: "the plan is only good until the first shot is fired" and "measure twice, cut once." I am working on a recon helmet and spent 3 days just planning this out. I read and read and read and then read more. Everything I could on this website. The wealth of knowledge is amazing. Nearly every question I had has already been asked. I found myself up at 3 am still reading one night, and I am usually up at 5:30 to go to work. Everything you need is in this thread and others.

So what I did was I measured my head to figure out the exact size my head is. Height, width, and depth. The I did like they did in elementry school and put a piece of paper on the table, put my head down, and got a siloette. Then I had to redo it because Pep designer measures in millimeters and I measured it in inches (BTW anyone ever notice that in pep designer, in the scale, "height" is misspelled?). Then I had to learn how pep measures (outside dimensions). Then I just added 10 mm to each measurement then rounded up on the hight, which (I hope) will allow for my head, liner, and filler. So far just using individual piices, I looks like I am close. I guess I will find out when I get it put together.

Any thoughts from the Vets on how I went about this process.

Also, thanks to all the posters and Vets for their knowledge. I found the site looking to learn how to do something else, but I think I found a new hobby instead.

Hi, When I try to print my iron man helm I use A4 sized paper 200g. I've found out that I need it to be around 267/68 mm height to fit my head. However the mark 6 model posted by sharkhead is unfolded in 262 mm height. When I scale it up to 268, it doesn't fit the paper and asks me if it should scale down to paper size. If I click no it prints out the numbers, but without the lines between. What options do I have?, Is it necessary to use A3 paper instead? Thanks.

i had a similar problem. When you go to print you need to set the actual printer properties to landscape (print, printer name properties button, orientaition set to landscape). Chance are it is set to portrait. This irritated me for about an hour before I figured it out.

im trying to download the reach armor and so far irs good, but I tried to download the left shoulder and it keeps giving me a right shoulder. does anyone have a file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back