"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really stressing about sizing the chest piece. It is a huge piece and if it doesn't fit I might hurt someone. In Pepekura, the dimensions for the chest are all very close. I measured across my chest which would normally be the width, but the pep file for the chest is oriented in such a way that the width could go in either the width or depth field. The chest is oriented with its side closest to the viewer which would make the actual "width" that I measured the depth on the program. The only comfort I have is that the two fields are never off by more than 10mm, but I still don't want this to screw me up.
Am I making sense or is this just a bunch of babbling. This is my last pep to do btw, everything else looks good.

HaloGoddess's Tutorial on the matter has a couple of images that should help you: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

hey i actually would like to ask, i have found a pep file i want to build but the line don't appear when i print it, does anyone know how to fix that?

um if i remember right you have to fix the transparency of the line color because sometimes it likes to print white haha yea i ran into that problem several times and i think it was the transparency that was the main problem

um if i remember right you have to fix the transparency of the line color because sometimes it likes to print white haha yea i ran into that problem several times and i think it was the transparency that was the main problem

Thanks that really helped me cuz i was a pain to keep printing and not know what was the problem, another quick thing how do i change the transparancy

how does pepekura a
mating4.jpg

mating2.jpg

mating3.jpg

I like great forumnd papercraft work?

oh lord changing the transparency hehe umm i would look under the EDIT tab i think you have to remember iu dont exactly have the viewer right infront of me haha lol

Alright, so after reading through some threads I was just wondering, but what is a common glue people like to use for pepakura? Some like hot glue, others like super glue, and still there are people who simply use elmer's. I realize there are pro's and con's to each, I just wanted to know what was most commonly used.

Alright, so after reading through some threads I was just wondering, but what is a common glue people like to use for pepakura?

Question.

Some like hot glue, others like super glue, and still there are people who simply use elmer's.

Answer.

I realize there are pro's and con's to each, I just wanted to know what was most commonly used.

Knowing which type of glue is most commonly used to assemble pepakura is futile. I don't follow how it would be beneficial to know that something like 27% of members that view and respond to your post use Elmer's glue, while 39% use super-glue, and the remainder use hot-glue. Whatever works best for you is what is best to use. It appears you have done some research and understand that there are pluses and minuses for each so why not try out some glue types?

If you need more opinions from members, here are a few glue debates found by entering 'glue' into the keyword field of the advanced search function.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/9431-Gluing?highlight=glue
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/4269-Folding-Gluing-Cutting-Tips?highlight=glue
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16052-The-Ideal-Glue?highlight=glue

Welcome to the 405th. Good luck with your project.

Thanks that really helped me cuz i was a pain to keep printing and not know what was the problem, another quick thing how do i change the transparancy

From the menu bar navigate to the following to find the line transparency slide gauge...

With Pepakura Viewer: (File) > (Print Setting...)
With Pepakura Designer: (File) > (Print and Paper Settings...)

Hi guys/gals, I have 2 questions.

1. how do you resize the little gluing tabs in pepakura, I seem to have accidently sized them really small and can't seem to find where to change it.

2. Don't know if this is the right place but since it's pep related i'll ask. I'm having warping issues when finishing paper phase of a helmet. Have you guys had this problem and if so how do you fix it?

Thanks

ok answer to question one i dont have the viewer in front of me but i think it would be under the tools tab as for number 2 the reason why it warped it because you probably covered it in resin instead of doing it section by section slowly until you eventually cover it in resin doing that is the only was that i can think of to reduce warping but if you have any more questions feel free to send me a message or post the question on my profile i would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. good luck and happy building

Thanks Scar 405 found it in the tool tray, edit tabs(ctrl+f) flap tool,

As for the second ?? I haven't gone to the resin stage yet. Still in just paper and glue stage but thanks for the advice and i'll keep that in min when i'm resining.

I also did some R&D and found this thread wich talked about the same problem i'm having, here's the link if anybody runs into the same prob and is interested
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33380-My-Custom-Reach-Build?highlight=warping+fixes
It's post #9 by carpathiavh99

Also golem95 recommended a tape method to hold everything in place before resin wich i'll try first since it seems like the easiet fix, if it doesn't work i'll try the others.

Zat German gave a great explination as to why this happend to me, here's his post for those who wish to know. Remember knowlege is power :p

"PVA glues(Elmer's, wood glue, etc) all shrink as they dry. You need to make sure you use as little as possible. If you use lots for every tab, it is going to warp. I tend to take a single dot of it and swipe it with my finger for a super thin coat. That is all you need to make the paper stick. The glue should be thin enough that you have maybe 30 seconds to move the paper around and then it is already too dry and the paper will just tear. You also want to work in sections of continuous parts, let them dry and then connect those to other sections. That way one section drying does not affect another and cause warping. "

I feel that's the major colpret of my warping trouble, i used to much glue in certain sections and tried to build it all as one big continues piece.

Hey I was working in pepakura on halo 3 Armour and im having so trouble my files are print out completely black can someone please help me and response asap please help!! TT.TT

Also I would like to know what kind of material do u use to make visors for the helmets and where to get them 'cause that another prob I've had If you have an answer please just mesege me on my page or what ever its called thanks!!

ok 1st q: um try changing the color prinout it shuld be under the file tab and as for the visor material some ppl use motrocycle visors but some other ppl i know use plastic or plexiglass

OK thanks for number ! yeah i tried the motorcycle visor but im doing a scout helmet so that doesn't work i need something more flexible and cutable with like almost scissors If u know of somthing like that please let me know I would be very appreciative thanks!! ^_^

Hi everybody I am just starting out and I would like to know how much of a gap can you have between you and the armor piece in your pepakura models I have made a shin piece but it has about 2 and a half inches gap:( I am just wondering how much of a gap is needed to make it good fit. Any help would be appreciated.:D

ok 51 kurt what i would use for a visor if you are just trying to get it to look nice and not be used for something like paint ball is just some clear plastic sheets, you know those things you sometimes get with a box of post cards i used that for one of my hayabusa builds and it turned out nicely. ok cursedzeba the amount of extra space you have when you size a piece of armor should reflect what you intend on doing to the inside of it such as fiberglassing and padding i usually only add an extra inch to the measurements so that i can instal padding and straps to i can secure it in place but truthfully it all depends on 1 how much padding you intend on installing and 2 if you want it to look like it would really fit you and isnt made for someone twice your size. i hope that i helped both of you answer your questions correctly if you have any more questions feel free to send me a message i would be more than happy to help.

I have a question. Do you have to have a program to print out pep files or can you just print them out from microsoft word or stuff like that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back