"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Katsu. When I am pepping I try to make my cuts as close if not on the solid line that forms the shape of the piece. I then take the piece I just cut out and place the edge of it on top of the fold where the tab is.

Yeah it is I want to make the capacitor helmet and the recon hood also but I am going to start off with the N7 helmet first

Hey,

I was wondering if anybody has any advice on the construction method for MOZ's Mk V helmet? I've just spent 12 hours on my fourth attempt, building from the bottom up and constructing the top lid separately but no matter what I do the damn things just won't work. I would post pictures but after a whole day's long work in this unusually sweltering English sun I just ragequitted it and tore the thing up. I'm really eager to learn and develop costuming skills but at this point I'm just utterly perplexed as to how to construct this thing. All my folds are neat, my hot gluing is strong and the assembly is easy enough, but for some reason I just can't finish it off. It's starting to get on my nerves a little now because I'm getting sick of repeating the same 12-hour build and want to move onto the chest and other parts.

Thanks.

Hey guys, I need some help with the helmet I am printing, it is set to landscape and after I set my printer to print in landscape, it still prints in portrait.

Hey, im totally new here, just started two days ago. I'm starting to buy supplies to make some armor, and im wondering if anybody could help me with pepakura. Ive never used pepakura before so im not totally sure on what to do. For one, i totally dont know how to use it sooo, yeah. And how do you print off certain sections of whatever your building, with the numbers or whatever to connect the parts to. So pretty much, i have no experiance with pepakura, whatsoever.

N7 breather and open face helmets. Armour not unfolded.

I've got pep files for all kinds of Mass Effect stuff including several helmet variants and armour, although most of the armour isn't unfolded as it requires scaling to an individuals height before you do so. I even managed to find an omniblade/tool not too long ago.

I've just found a fully unfolded ME2 armor pep inc knees and boot pieces. I.M me if you want it

I've got pep files for all kinds of Mass Effect stuff including several helmet variants and armour, although most of the armour isn't unfolded as it requires scaling to an individuals height before you do so. I even managed to find an omniblade/tool not too long ago.

I am trying to make a pepakura Gravity Hammer for my friend for her birthday. If her birthday is on August 18th, would I have enough time to accomplish this? Also, what kind of glue, expanding foam, and etc would I need to make a structurly viable hammer? Finally, I've been looking for hammer file, and found one that is not "unfolded", can this one still be used in the Pepakura viewer? Thanks for your help.

Hey, im totally new here, just started two days ago. I'm starting to buy supplies to make some armor, and im wondering if anybody could help me with pepakura. Ive never used pepakura before so im not totally sure on what to do. For one, i totally dont know how to use it sooo, yeah. And how do you print off certain sections of whatever your building, with the numbers or whatever to connect the parts to. So pretty much, i have no experiance with pepakura, whatsoever.

Feel free to ask pep questions here for sure, we will do our best to answer them. You should also check out the mentor program, to get paired up for one on one help:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37153-405th-MENTOR-PROGRAM-3.0
To print off certain sections, the best way you can do it (from what I understand of the question) is to print the pages that have the sections you want. Usually pep will have the tab numbers printed on, if they are not showing up, there is an option to turn them on. Under pep DESIGNER: 2d Menu -> Show Edge ID. Pep VIEWER: View -> Show Edge ID. Good luck!

I am trying to make a pepakura Gravity Hammer for my friend for her birthday. If her birthday is on August 18th, would I have enough time to accomplish this? Also, what kind of glue, expanding foam, and etc would I need to make a structurly viable hammer? Finally, I've been looking for hammer file, and found one that is not "unfolded", can this one still be used in the Pepakura viewer? Thanks for your help.

You... COULD do it in that time. It depends how many hours a day you can dedicate to it, and how experienced you are at this stuff, and how game-perfect you want it to look... oh yeah and how strong you want it to be. You can make a decent hammer that won't be able to take a hit to the ground in like a day, but if you want to smooth it out to look better, and give it super strength, you'll need a few weeks. I'd consider not making a full sized one, but if you do, you will probably need to replace the pep handle with a real wood or steel one, as that thing won't be able to support the weight of a pepped hammer head.. I suggest browsing the site and using google to search for "405th gravity hammer" to see what other people have done, and get a feel for the work going into it. Good luck!

Got a scaling question: I am about to make a torso, and am iffy on the size I have. I have pepped the neck hole, and I was wondering how large that tends to be on a torso model. I do know the neck hole is much smaller than the head, and it does fit around my neck, but I wonder if it is too small.

Got a scaling question: I am about to make a torso, and am iffy on the size I have. I have pepped the neck hole, and I was wondering how large that tends to be on a torso model. I do know the neck hole is much smaller than the head, and it does fit around my neck, but I wonder if it is too small.

Which torso are you building? With all the different models out there, it's difficult to say without knowing witch.

I'm making the LD Mark VI model. I would imagine the hole to be quite narrow, but I want to be sure before pepping the rest of the piece.

With the LD Mk VI torso, you want the neck hole to be just a bit wider than your neck. The real measurement to look for is the shoulder width. When I scaled my test torso, I used the width of my shoulders, shoulderpoint-to-shoulderpoint as the width of the torso, and it worked. You can always resize the neck opening later, and most likely will have to.

Hey guys, I need some help with the helmet I am printing, it is set to landscape and after I set my printer to print in landscape, it still prints in portrait.

Make sure that the 2D layout files are in landscape, (Settings>Print and Paper Settings>Landscape).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back