"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
as best as I can tell, the numbers will be on the INSIDE of my helmet when Im done 0_o is that normal, and better yet has anyone worked with the SLYFO version of the mark VI helmet on the index?

scratch that, it seems to be mirrored in the 3d viewer, thats nothing to be concerned about is it?

as best as I can tell, the numbers will be on the INSIDE of my helmet when Im done 0_o is that normal, and better yet has anyone worked with the SLYFO version of the mark VI helmet on the index?

scratch that, it seems to be mirrored in the 3d viewer, thats nothing to be concerned about is it?

The numbers should go on the outside. The only place where it would make a difference is if you're doing an asymmetrical piece, like a shoulder or boot. But the numbers should go on the outside.

I have started work on an HD Mk VI helmet:

When I printed it the pages came out entirely black. I've run across this before and just started printing the pages individually and the first half of the model printed fine.

The problem reappeared so I changed the print setting "Print lines clearly" to "Print lines smoothly). That got me a few more pages.

Then only the edge ID's printed on a page, no lines. I switched back to "Print lines clearly" and got the solid page again. I've messed with the "tranparency" line but that hasn't seemed to change anything. I've paused to think about it and figured I should ask here also.

Regards.

Roadkiller, I had a similar problem a while back. The only solution I came up with was to print each page of the model separately.

Agreed, and I've been doing that. However, this page won't print correctly (nor the next one, which I tried just to see if the problem was just this one page).

*EDIT - HERE'S A SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME*

So I've been poking around with Pepakura trying to get it to print the last of my helmet. At some point I turned edge ID's off and it would print the lines again. Hmmmmm ... interesting from a troubleshooting perspective and about 80% of the solution.

Here are the printer settings in Pepakura that have stopped it from printing either all black pages, or pages with just the edge ID's (the numbers).

Under "Settings" click "Print and Paper Settings"
Leave the default the way it's been working for you, but select:
"Print Lines Smoothly (Bitmap print)"; and
"Transparency" to 0%.

I now have many sheets covered with both lines and numbers :)

Whew! Just finished thread, great intel, been watching the vids, and reading the tut's have paper and glue gun in hand, Pep loaded......soooooo

What is a good easy small thing to start with to get some practice (planning on hitting the armor but think I need to work up to it.

Thanks for all the info peeps!

I need help on how to start from scratch. and other stuff. PLZ help me!!! send me a message.

Why don't you ask here, or open up a new thread if it's a more extensive problem/question? Nobody's going to laugh at you for asking something, and a larger audience means more input for you.

hi guys,

been having trouble printing out a pep file. for some reason the lines themselves won't print, but the edge reference numbers will. been fiddling around with the 2D menu trying all sorts of things, from selecting and then deselecting "Apply Transparency of Print Setting" to changing the line colour (which i don't think was applied to any of the edges - i'm pretty sure they were already black). Any advice for how to get the lines to show up?

ta.

I've had similar problems, here's what worked for me:

Here are the printer settings in Pepakura that have stopped it from printing either all black pages, or pages with just the edge ID's (the numbers).

Under "Settings" click "Print and Paper Settings"
Leave the default the way it's been working for you, but select:
"Print Lines Smoothly (Bitmap print)"; and
"Transparency" to 0%.

I now have many sheets covered with both lines and numbers :)

I have the pepakura viewer, and I will start printing the armor pieces soon, but i cant figure out how to scale it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back