"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
110 LB cardstock (if you use metric it's the equivilent of . . . oh wait I don't know)

You want the paper to be stiff enough to not warp when you harden it up so anything less than that is likely to be severely deformed, also a higher weight paper will do mean things to your printer so that's about as high as you can go it's a readily available (at least around these parts) item and your best bet is to get a 100 page ream.

Here is a list of everything you will need: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/14613-Complete-Noob-List

Try to search a bit for an answer to your questions before you just ask.

Good luck on your build!

Glue.

I cut out my armor and was wondering what kind of glue should I use to glue my helmet together? It's probably a really minor questions, but I just wanted to make sure I was doing things right.

whenever i try to download something it sends me to the 4shared site. What do i have to download so it makes the layouts so i can build them.

You're trying to download the .pdo from the halo costuming wiki, I assume? You are going to the correct location. 4shared is used to host the files.

I cut out my armor and was wondering what kind of glue should I use to glue my helmet together? It's probably a really minor questions, but I just wanted to make sure I was doing things right.

Super glue works okay. I prefer low temp hot glue. It's easier to un-do the gluing if something slips.

What specific question about scaling? That's a rather broad subject.

If I'm unsure what size the pepakura model is, does it make sense to contruct it first in regular office paper to see it's size, then make scailing adjsutments in pepakura before I start contructing with card stock?

Pepakura give you the height and width of an object in mm I believe even if you don't know the conversion for it a quick google search gives you the measurement, I don't think building it with office paper first would be necessary some models are scaled in inches with the Master Chiefs height as a base 84 inches so you just input yours (74 in my case)

Even if it isn't you can find the conversion formula on the forums by searching for it depending on the parts your using, what models are you using?

If you've never done pepping you might build something with office paper to get used to the technique of building and folding and to get an idea of how your gonna be scaling it.

I need help! I downloaded pepakura viewer 3 and the 2d pattern window that was supposed to be right next to settings on top left corner is not there. Anyone knows how I could put it there so I can make the sizes for my armor?

I need help! I downloaded pepakura viewer 3 and the 2d pattern window that was supposed to be right next to settings on top left corner is not there. Anyone knows how I could put it there so I can make the sizes for my armor?

make sure you have Pepakura Designer 3, and not Pep Viewer.

Hello there, people~
I feel somewhat guilty, because my first post is a question, but this is something that I'm pretty confused about.

A few friends and I are planning on starting a project with pepakura, but some of the 'pieces' appear to be too large to fit on one piece of paper. How do we print those? Is there a special method, or are we just supposed to stick them together? And if it's the latter, by what method do we do so? I assume tape is a no-no.

if you have pepakura designer, on the toolbar there is a little tool that looks like a zipper. With it you can cut parts into pieces so that they fit on one page nicely.

Okay, I found that. It doesn't seem to work well for me though, I'm looking at a version of a sniper rifle which has a really long muzzle in one piece...and there's no horizontal folds, so I have no where to cut it.

Okay, I found that. It doesn't seem to work well for me though, I'm looking at a version of a sniper rifle which has a really long muzzle in one piece...and there's no horizontal folds, so I have no where to cut it.

If you're talking about the one unfolded by rvb4life with the three pages on the right holding one large barrel piece: Print it as it is, then glue the three parts of that piece together.

Hello everyone, I've been working on my first recon helmet and some of the numbers don't seem to align. Some numbers are a bit bigger than others I'm not sure why? Hope someone can help.

Hello everyone, I've been working on my first recon helmet and some of the numbers don't seem to align. Some numbers are a bit bigger than others I'm not sure why? Hope someone can help.

Uhh....can you post a picture? The numbers are supposed to be the same size...

Hey can someone send me a link to Jedi Fraz's pep files? I am having trouble scaling other pep files on the index and I would like to use the working formula that goes with Fraz's files to scale armor parts that I want to make.

Uhh....can you post a picture? The numbers are supposed to be the same size...

I don't know what happened, but this is what it looks like.
a4e3eadc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back