"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna work on my first full suit of armor (for a year I've been doing nothing but pieces), and I need to know how to scale them in pepakura designer so they come out larger when they're printed, but when I scale them up, they go off the paper, and that makes it very hard for me to work with. What do other people do when this happens, because I know that I'm not the only one that this happens to, or do people just deal with it? If so, how?
Go to 2D Menu --> Edit Mode --> Join/Disjoin Face. Then move the cursor over the piece in question until a green line appears. Double-click and then the piece will be cut along that line. You are then free to move the pieces to another part of the 2D Development page.

Go to 2D Menu --> Edit Mode --> Join/Disjoin Face. Then move the cursor over the piece in question until a green line appears. Double-click and then the piece will be cut along that line. You are then free to move the pieces to another part of the 2D Development page.

Testing...

You, sir, are my new best friend. Where have you been for the last year?!

Err... wait... I have another problem. Let's say the piece in question is extremely long (sniper rifle barrel) and that even if I break it off into two or more parts it'll still be too big. Then what?

You, sir, are my new best friend. Where have you been for the last year?!
Unfolding pep files. That's my specialty here. :D

Err... wait... I have another problem. Let's say the piece in question is extremely long (sniper rifle barrel) and that even if I break it off into two or more parts it'll still be too big. Then what?
There are cases where even the Join/Disjoin feature can't break down the pieces any smaller to fit a page. As you have seen yourself, rifle barrels tend to fall in that category. In which case, you have no choice but lay it out and let the piece occupy two or more pages. Of course during the cutting process, you might encounter a problem of re-aligning the pieces. To avoid or minimize this problem, make sure that you go to Settings --> Print and Paper Settings and check the box that says "Print Alignment Marks for Multiple Pages." Then, insert a picture (any picture) on the piece, making sure that the dotted line on the 2D Development page passes through that picture.That way, when you cut the pieces, you can easily re-align them together upon assembly.

Ive downloaded the pepakura files but it wont let me open them. how do I go about opening a file?
Make sure you install Pepakura Designer in your computer. Then right-button click a pep file and select Properties. On the panel that says Open with...", click on "Change" and browse for Pep Designer. Then click OK.

What Program Opens up Pepakura files? I'm Running Windows XP and it says my files are unknown... Also, What paper is best for use upon printing out, cutting and applying Aqua Resin to?

What Program Opens up Pepakura files? I'm Running Windows XP and it says my files are unknown...
Did you read the post above yours?

Also, What paper is best for use upon printing out, cutting and applying Aqua Resin to?
I suggest that your time is best spent reading all the threads labeled as "sticky" in the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor forum. You will find your answers there, starting with the Ultimate Pepakura FAQ.

hi there, im going to be making the HD Mark VI chest and i dont know where to start. its very large and has alot of parts and im not sure if its better to start in place than another and if it will have an impact on the finished product.

thanks again, WraithDawg

hi there, im going to be making the HD Mark VI chest and i dont know where to start. its very large and has alot of parts and im not sure if its better to start in place than another and if it will have an impact on the finished product.
Well, that's the price of using HD pep files.

There's no one "good" place to start. Any spot on the model is as good as any. Personally, I usually start in the ares with the smallest details and then go from there.

I have a question-
I am in the process of putting the various pepakura pieces together, and I noticed that some are marked "Floating Faces". What do I do with theses? (BTW - I am using flying_sqrl's Master Chief Helmet - MkVI HD) Thanks!

I have a question-
I am in the process of putting the various pepakura pieces together, and I noticed that some are marked "Floating Faces". What do I do with theses? (BTW - I am using flying_sqrl's Master Chief Helmet - MkVI HD) Thanks!

For me, when I leave floating faces on a model it means you can cut the part out and trace the part out on foam or sheet styrene. You do this because it is a raised part that would be more of a pain to pep than it's worth. You will have much better and cleaner results by cutting the floating face parts out of another material.

I have a question-
I am in the process of putting the various pepakura pieces together, and I noticed that some are marked "Floating Faces". What do I do with theses? (BTW - I am using flying_sqrl's Master Chief Helmet - MkVI HD)
They serve as details that you add to the helmet later on. On my helmet build, I glued these floating faces on a foam sheet and then cut them out. I then glued these pieces to the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back