"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok sorry..this website seems rather vast at times but im thinking im getting the navigation down and thanks for the reply

Okay one question about folding. The dashed lines (--------) are mountain folds and get folded like this /\ and the dashed and dotted lines (_._._._._) are valley folds and are folded like this \/. So when you score a valley fold you have to score the opposite side of the paper, (The side with no lines) so because you are scoring the backside how do you know where the line is that tells you where the fold is since you can't see through the paper?

Okay one question about folding. The dashed lines (--------) are mountain folds and get folded like this /\ and the dashed and dotted lines (_._._._._) are valley folds and are folded like this \/. So when you score a valley fold you have to score the opposite side of the paper, (The side with no lines) so because you are scoring the backside how do you know where the line is that tells you where the fold is since you can't see through the paper?

In my experience, it doesn't matter which side you score. But then again, I don't really score the paper, I just make dents into it.

Darkrider, also remember that the lines for mountain and valley fold wont always follow the same convention. Meaning, I've had Pep models were the 2 different folds were as you described, while I've had others be ----- and _ _ _ _ _. This is because in the program Pepakura, you can actually specify the type of dashed or dotted lines for the types of folds.

Was there a working pepakura request/file-index resource-thread available for "noob" members?

-Needs non-Halo files- (please don´t murder me!) :)

Thanks.

First off you can try searching for what you need in the search box at the top left of the forum.
That should be your best resource, I know there are some non halo files but I'm not too sure exactly what they consist of, I know there's some Iron man and war machine other than that I don't know,

Omega

@TeamBadGuys

Like Omega said the search function is really helpful, also try checking in the 3D Modeling section, I know there's a stickied fallout armor thread there and there's tons of others where people build non-halo armor. Also in that forum there's a request thread for 3D models.

First off you can try searching for what you need in the search box at the top left of the forum.
That should be your best resource, I know there are some non halo files but I'm not too sure exactly what they consist of, I know there's some Iron man and war machine other than that I don't know,

Omega

I did. And failed.
Am looking for "eclipse mercenary helmet" from "mass effect II"
Here is picture. Must scroll to post #1513

Unfortunately then it probably does not exist.

Your best bet would politely ask a modeler to create one for you, and be patient.

Or if you feel adventurous start learning to model, I'm sure there are people willing to help!

Good luck with that helm, Just a warning, I'm playing MEII on insanity, I might shoot you on sight if I see you in that ;)

Haha, I have no problem believing in that. I recently got so pissed while playing ME1, that I took out the disk, violently broke it into multiple pieces, and sorted the waste-particles into five different kinds of thrash-can! Take that, magic blue vampire-chicks from mars!

Also looking for pepakura / 3d model rip of the SPADE vehicle from Halo: Reach. AKA Flatbed truck.

147px-Ih_civilian_truck_01.jpg

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the template for Pepakura that I've downloaded doesn't have numbers?

How would you solve this problem?

Or is it a problem?

Or is it a problem?

Are you referring to the numbers on the edges to let you know which parts line up? These are called "Edge ID's", and are part of the Pepakura program, no the template itself really.

To turn them on in Pepakura Designer 3, clock on the "2D Menu" drop-down menu, and click "Show Edge ID".

Hope this helps.

Or is it a problem?

If you’re talking about the flaps? Then you go to the 2D menu and click on show edge ID . That should give you the number to help you line them up. It also helps to keep your computer nearby for reference

Hey everyone I was hoping to get some input. I just finished this after about 6-8 hours of cutting and gluing. This was from a pepakura file i got off this site. I want to know if anyone else seemed like the size of the helmet felt too big or will it fit and look better after I fiberglass it and add padding??? thanks for the help can't figure out how to show photos so here's a link to my FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=505945486&aid=631243

Hey everyone I was hoping to get some input. I just finished this after about 6-8 hours of cutting and gluing. This was from a pepakura file i got off this site. I want to know if anyone else seemed like the size of the helmet felt too big or will it fit and look better after I fiberglass it and add padding??? thanks for the help can't figure out how to show photos so here's a link to my FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=505945486&aid=631243

This is how you post pictures: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30673-How-to-use-Photobucket-to-include-pictures-in-your-threads

Can't help you any further, because I can't see your private Facebook pictures without an account there.

Lets see if this works.
hlemet7.jpg
This is one of my pix so far. finished helmet not sure where to go from here should I start fiberglassing or reinforcing the inside? any tips and tricks will be greatly helpful, thanks

finished helmet not sure where to go from here should I start fiberglassing or reinforcing the inside? any tips and tricks will be greatly helpful, thanks

Common procedure would be to resin the outside next. Have you read about this yet? If not, here's a reading list that should contain everything you need: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list

You asked about the size earlier. Since that picture doesn't show you, nobody can tell if it's right, but the list I just linked also contains info on scaling. In case you skipped that and have to start over because it doesn't fit.

I love forums. So my next question is this. Do you need to buy Pepakura to be able to scale the models its seems im having trouble finding out how to scale the model on the program. I found the tool that helps calculate what you need but the program isn't allowing me to. Could I have a link for a program that allows me to scale or where I can buy the full version of pepakura? thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back