"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my next question is this. Do you need to buy Pepakura to be able to scale the models
No. You can do almost anything including scaling except for the ability to save your work. Once you buy the license, you can start saving your work.

its seems im having trouble finding out how to scale the model on the program. I found the tool that helps calculate what you need but the program isn't allowing me to. Could I have a link for a program that allows me to scale or where I can buy the full version of pepakura? thanks in advance
Sounds like you're using Pepakura Viewer. If you need to do some scaling, you need to use Pepakura Designer, which can be found where you got the Viewer.

Hey guys, for some reason when I printed my helmet it did not print any of the lines (no folds, valleys, or mountains...), just the edge ID numbers....which makes it really hard to pep ;P. any idea what's up?

Hey guys, for some reason when I printed my helmet it did not print any of the lines (no folds, valleys, or mountains...), just the edge ID numbers....which makes it really hard to pep ;P. any idea what's up?

i kind-of have the same type of problem, it shows the mountain and valley
folds but they are red and blue and i cant tell which one is mountain and which one is valley

To check Pep Designer's current mountain/valley fold settings:

Open Pep Designer;
Click on "Setting" along the tool bar;
Select "Other Settings".

The box that appears contains the tabs "Line Style" and "Color" that contain the data. It may change from model to model depending on the settings its' creator used.

I had the exact same problem, I solved it going to the print settings, and checking the box that says Print lines clearly(vector print) or selecting 0% in the transparency bar. Hope this helps

Hey guys! No doubt someone has asked this question before but with some of my searching, I couldn't find exactly what I need...

I downloaded RUNDOWN's Noble 6 helmet (tho it says commander? AM I getting something wrong? http://images.wikia.com/costuming/images/a/a5/Reachcommander.png )

I can see it in pepakura designer and everything... I understand all the tools and mountain and valley folds. My only question is. How do I know the sizing? Is the standard size it has good? Anyone else build this helmet before? I am 6'4 so I have some height and I would hate for the helmet to be too small (tho my head is average sized I'd say). Was just wondering if anyone else built the helmet and if so, did they change the size? If they did change the size... how do I do that? I saw the height/width and scale options but I just dont know how that measures in terms of a scale for a helmet. Any info would be nice! Thanks in advance guys!

Hey guys! No doubt someone has asked this question before but with some of my searching, I couldn't find exactly what I need...

I downloaded RUNDOWN's Noble 6 helmet (tho it says commander? AM I getting something wrong? http://images.wikia.com/costuming/images/a/a5/Reachcommander.png )

I can see it in pepakura designer and everything... I understand all the tools and mountain and valley folds. My only question is. How do I know the sizing? Is the standard size it has good? Anyone else build this helmet before? I am 6'4 so I have some height and I would hate for the helmet to be too small (tho my head is average sized I'd say). Was just wondering if anyone else built the helmet and if so, did they change the size? If they did change the size... how do I do that? I saw the height/width and scale options but I just dont know how that measures in terms of a scale for a helmet. Any info would be nice! Thanks in advance guys!

I'm not sure on the Noble 6 helmet, but I know on the MK6 (Master Chief), most people scale between 280 and 300mm for the height. I scaled at 320, and wound up with a helmet that could fit a cow.

Thanks for the swift response Hickeydog!

Yeah, I am no cow... haha... I am tall tho... Did you rebuild your helmet smaller or did you stick with the 320? The Noble 6 helmet I am looking at was default at 300mm for the height but I wonder what that height is based off of in terms of a person's size since I am a bit taller. Thanks again my friend! This community is extremely helpful!

Thanks for the swift response Hickeydog!

Yeah, I am no cow... haha... I am tall tho... Did you rebuild your helmet smaller or did you stick with the 320? The Noble 6 helmet I am looking at was default at 300mm for the height but I wonder what that height is based off of in terms of a person's size since I am a bit taller. Thanks again my friend! This community is extremely helpful!

I did not rebuild the helmet. The helmet in my avatar is the 320mm size. It's not that noticeable with the rest of the armor on, but it does loll around on my head like a salad bowl, even with 2" of padding. 300mm would have been perfect for me.

Hello everyone, I'm pretty much as basic as it gets on this site, so a little patience is appreciated haha. I've been doing my research through the forums and different tutorials to figure out about how everything works and to get a basic idea of where I start, so when I find say a Pep file someone has posted for ODST armor for everyone and their mother to use, I go to download a file but it's a binary type so I can't open it. Obvious question might be obvious, but do I need to download Pepakura itself to actually be able to print and view any armor for future use?

Thanks Hickey!!! It seems we both have roughly the same build. I will go with the 300mm! Thank you for your time and patience with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back