"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. I'm really new to the forum, but I want to attempt my first armor build and I'm looking to start out with creating a helmet. Most of the unfolded files I've found are (IMO) excessively detailed and are taking me forever to assemble. I've seen some WIP threads where the creators have simplified the designs so that there aren't so many extra, tiny details. I was wondering if there was a thread on the 405th which featured simplified, low-poly, "noob readY" unfolds for someone like me to get my feet wet? I tried searching using those keywords but didn't find anything specific.

I would really appreciate anyone's assistance with this.

Thanks!

Hey there. I'm really new to the forum, but I want to attempt my first armor build and I'm looking to start out with creating a helmet. Most of the unfolded files I've found are (IMO) excessively detailed and are taking me forever to assemble. I've seen some WIP threads where the creators have simplified the designs so that there aren't so many extra, tiny details. I was wondering if there was a thread on the 405th which featured simplified, low-poly, "noob readY" unfolds for someone like me to get my feet wet? I tried searching using those keywords but didn't find anything specific.

The keyword you're looking for is low definiton or "LD", as opposed to HD. The All in One Pepakura Pack contains a couple of these models. However, if you decide to build one, you'll spend more time sanding than you could possibly save by not having to pep all the details.

Hey everyone. I am currently working on my first suit of armour, my custom Reach Spartan. I am having trouble finding Female Armour, so far I only have female forearms, thighs, and biceps. Everything else I have is Male armour. Can anyone direct me or give me a link to the other armour that I haven't listed that is for Females? Thanks!

Hey everyone. I am currently working on my first suit of armour, my custom Reach Spartan. I am having trouble finding Female Armour, so far I only have female forearms, thighs, and biceps. Everything else I have is Male armour. Can anyone direct me or give me a link to the other armour that I haven't listed that is for Females? Thanks!

MissingSpartan7 has compiled a number of files at his 4shared database (http://www.4shared.com/dir/iLZI7Rb-/halo_reach_files.html) in the base parts folder. I cannot speak to their quality as I haven't looked at them. Good luck on your build.

Thanks for the info Ventrue. I've found some Mark IV armor in "low def" that is exactly what I'm looking for. I consider myself rather resourceful when it comes to model building and I really only need pepakura to get a basic shape for the helmet, armor, etc. and the rest of the details I plan to create via my own methods. I'm learning as I go, so I might discover that this is NOT the way I should be doing things, but the tedium involved with folding extremely tiny pieces of paper might make it worth it to me in the end.

Thanks again for the help.

Hi, so I'm gathering all of the files for a halo reach spartan. The only file I'm having a problem with is the lower arm. As you can see, it only is for the right arm:

th_3dphoto.png

How do I invert it so I can have a left arm too?

Hi, so I'm gathering all of the files for a halo reach spartan. The only file I'm having a problem with is the lower arm. As you can see, it only is for the right arm:

mail

How do I invert it so I can have a left arm too?

You can't use picture attachments from Gmail anywhere else. Read this on how to post pictures: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30673-How-to-use-Photobucket-to-include-pictures-in-your-threads

To invert pieces, the invert pattern function sounds like a pretty safe bet, doesn't it? It's in the 2D menu.

Alright, forgive me if I post this in the inappropriate thread or if this has been previously asked (it was 10:00 when I posted). However, I was wondering if it was mandatory to use 110lb. Paper, or is there no real minimum (exception being 20lb copy paper).

The reason for this is that I am in a major budget crunch for the time being and I have found spare 60lb. laying in a closet.

I was wondering if it was mandatory to use 110lb. Paper, or is there no real minimum (exception being 20lb copy paper).

The reason for this is that I am in a major budget crunch for the time being and I have found spare 60lb. laying in a closet.

I assume that you will want to resin and fibreglass the model later. If so, 110lb is about the lightest one that still somewhat works.

And to be perfectly honest, if you're on a budget so small that you can't even afford the paper, you should seriously consider a different hobby. It's only going to get more expensive from there.

I assume that you will want to resin and fibreglass the model later. If so, 110lb is about the lightest one that still somewhat works.

And to be perfectly honest, if you're on a budget so small that you can't even afford the paper, you should seriously consider a different hobby. It's only going to get more expensive from there.

Hey, thanks for the comment. I do have a descent budget for paper, resin, fiberglass, and the like. I was just curious about what I could use that I already had. Luckily I'm still living with a brother, and his hobbies got most of the other tools (Drimmel and the like).

Hey, thanks for the comment. I do have a descent budget for paper, resin, fiberglass, and the like. I was just curious about what I could use that I already had. Luckily I'm still living with a brother, and his hobbies got most of the other tools (Drimmel and the like).

you could always try the foam method :)

okay, its likely in this thread...but is it possible to rotate the 3d model? as in, move the camera?
Well, by pressing the right mouse button, you can make the 3d model rotate.

Now, if you want to change the orientation of the 3d model, you can only do that after eliminating the development, i.e., you have to undo the unfold. Then go to 3D Menu --> Change Coordinates --> Change Model Coordinates and it will show the choices that you have to re-orient the model. After doing that, you have to re-unfold the model yourself.

sadly pepakura is not for mac or linux
with that said, would anybody mind changing the pdo file to a pdf file for all of the mac/linux based users?

with that said, would anybody mind changing the pdo file to a pdf file for all of the mac/linux based users?
Anyone with a PC can do what you're asking. The thing that prevents them from doing it for any non-PC user is if they (PC users) have to do the scaling. Did it before and hated it because I ended up doing all of the work.

can i get some help with crysis helmet and googles if anyone has done it pls PM me with some instructions how to get it right. this is my first post here and never done some big projects with paper just one helmet from wow and thats all done some more but with wrong size (like iron man that cant fit on head and one more from wow that is oversized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back