"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys. I am attempting an unfold of a weapon and I was having some issues with the pep camera. You know how the camera for the 3D model window is centered at the middle of the model and you can rotate the model around it? I need to zoom in close to areas like the stock and barrel but I can't because the camera is stuck centered in the middle of the model and I can only rotate to see there areas which merits a terrible view. Is there any way to change the camera?

Hello guys. I am attempting an unfold of a weapon and I was having some issues with the pep camera. You know how the camera for the 3D model window is centered at the middle of the model and you can rotate the model around it? I need to zoom in close to areas like the stock and barrel but I can't because the camera is stuck centered in the middle of the model and I can only rotate to see there areas which merits a terrible view. Is there any way to change the camera?

Right click in the 3D window, click "Change Rotate Center" and pick a point on the model.

No wait i mean 170gsm

Double-posting is not allowed. All you need to do is edit your first post. In each post you entered you should be able to see the edit button.

I'm not sure what is the equivalent weight of UK to US. So I did a search.
http://www.papermojo.com/paper_weight_conversion.html

170 GSM is equivalent to US 65lb stock. It is not thick enough to make an armor. What you need is 200 GSM according to the link above.

Hey guys, looking to do my first pep helmet build, what sort of printer paper should i be printing on, A4? and any quality? the pep files i tested print so tiny you can hardly see the numbers..

Hey guys, looking to do my first pep helmet build, what sort of printer paper should i be printing on, A4? and any quality? the pep files i tested print so tiny you can hardly see the numbers..

Well even thought im a noob to, but i've been told to use 110lb card stock(us) or 200gsm(uk)
Also to change the font you click "settings" and the top toolbar then "other settings" then were it says "Font size OF Edge ID (pt))" then just go up slightly, then g on print preview and see if it looks ok.

But I could be totally wrong, buts thats my advice. someone

Hey guys help me out with Pepakura scaling.

I'm 5' 11'' and I am a decent build so I need to scale my armor. Width should be fine in my case but height needs to be readjusted..

What I am scaling: Mark VI right bicep made by ROBOGENESIS

Initial Height: 414 mm

Initial Width: 235 mm

Initial Depth: 190 mm

Initial Scale Factor: 86.000

So, using the formula for scaling i take my height in inches, add it by 4 inches and that gives me 75 inches. Right?
Now I divide 75 by 86 (Master Chief's height in inches.) That gives me 0.87209302.
Now do I multiply 0.87209302 by the current scale factor of 86? Because that gives me 74.9999997.

So I'm not sure if that is correct so I'll post how that changes my height, width, and depth on my pep file.

That now gives me:
-a Height of 361 mm
-a Width of 205 mm
-and a Depth of 166 mm

Please let me know if my math is correct and if it will fit me well. Thanks in advance.

As per the scaling tut by Xtreme TACTICS 101, with Robogenisis pep files u can put ur height in inches(with padding room) directly into Scale Factor and it should b right. But don't take my word for it, check out Method #3 in his tut here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25588-How-to-Scale-Your-Armour-Tutorial-V.2

Help! I am making a suit of Master Chief armor using Pepakura. I am starting with the helmet. When making the pepakura should I keep in the visor and cut it out after Gluing, or should I not include the visor so i can put an actual clear visor later?

what is a sliced pep file, can you make it solid? thanks

Yes, by making the slices in the specified thickness and glueing them together.

Help! I am making a suit of Master Chief armor using Pepakura. I am starting with the helmet. When making the pepakura should I keep in the visor and cut it out after Gluing, or should I not include the visor so i can put an actual clear visor later?

Put it in, harden the model and then cut it out once it's hard.

i was wondering in pepakura designer if a part takes up 2 pages how would i put it together like for example a sniper

If you cannot break the piece up using the join-disjoin function then you'll have to leave it spanning two pages. Once printed, you'll have two parts with no printed tab to connect them. There will be blank space at the edges of each page (because of printer margins) which you can use to create a make-shift tab at the end of one of the pieces to use to glue the two pieces together.

I want to Build a full set of Mark VI armor , and i downloaded the entire set of 4shared.com , and when I try and Drag and Drop the .pdo files into pepakura , a little box pops up saying "Cannot load file of specified type" and it wont let me use the file , I have no idea what to do and I am stuck in the dark about this . Please could someone help!!( I did download a file from Vrogy.net Mirror and it work fine , so im not sure what the problem is , at first i thaught it was just pepakura ....... but its not !!)

Hi guys!

I want to build a prop for an convention (an SMG from halo odst actually) and I wanted to ask:
-in terms of buying materials, are card stock suppose to be 12x12? or are they 8.5x11 like regular paper?
-Is there a spray paint tutorial on props?
-after building the actual prop, I don't think I have a way to open up the prop and reinforce from the outside, is risining the only option for reinforcing outside (then spray paint)?

@Roughosing:
try opening the program and go to fike>open> and click on the actual file.

Scaling

Yeah, this is just a quick question- is there a complete guide to scaling anywhere here? I've done some searching around and people have said little tidbits like "measure from ear to ear and enter that in", but all of the links to complete guides are broken. I'd like a definitive, good guide that I can print out and view while I'm working.

Yeah, this is just a quick question- is there a complete guide to scaling anywhere here? I've done some searching around and people have said little tidbits like "measure from ear to ear and enter that in", but all of the links to complete guides are broken. I'd like a definitive, good guide that I can print out and view while I'm working.
Heres a few

one i use most:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25588-How-to-Scale-Your-Armour-Tutorial-V.2

-in terms of buying materials, are card stock suppose to be 12x12? or are they 8.5x11 like regular paper?
-Is there a spray paint tutorial on props?
-after building the actual prop, I don't think I have a way to open up the prop and reinforce from the outside, is risining the only option for reinforcing outside (then spray paint)?

Most people use Letter or A4, but the size doesn't really matter as long as your printer can print on it.

Yeah, here for example: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33236-Tutorial-Painting-systems-for-realistic-results
You'll find more if you search.

Resining, with an E.
Make a hole and pour the resin (or Rondo or whatever) inside, then slush it around. You'll find more on that topic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back