"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can change the font size in the program's options. However, in my opinion, it's easier to just disable or ignore them and leave the problem open to look up parts with the Check Corresponding Face function.

yeah thats what ive been doing and ive gotten about 60% done with it but the small parts are frustrating me because i cant figure out which way they face sometimes haha but ill keep on trekking,thanks though.

I'm constructing my first set of armor for halloween 2011 right now and I seem to have run into a little problem... I was working on the chestplate and realized that I coudn't print some pieces! I'm talking about the pieces that are outside of the printable area/paper! (the big white section with dotted lines to show the paper) there are a few pieces in the grey area around it and I can't seem to print them! Any Help? I am using Pepakura Viewer 3.

-Minty

I'm constructing my first set of armor for halloween 2011 right now and I seem to have run into a little problem... I was working on the chestplate and realized that I coudn't print some pieces! I'm talking about the pieces that are outside of the printable area/paper! (the big white section with dotted lines to show the paper) there are a few pieces in the grey area around it and I can't seem to print them! Any Help? I am using Pepakura Viewer 3.

-Minty

Simply drag and drop them onto any blank space and they will be printable.

Simply drag and drop them onto any blank space and they will be printable.

Thanks for the help guys but dragging and dropping doesn't seem to work as it just moves the paper around. Plz respond ASAP because today is commited to working on my suit... and i can't do anything else until i have this problem solved. Worst case scenario i have to draw the pieces which seemed to work out fine for the chestpiece but it's a pain in the ass...

Thanks for the help guys but dragging and dropping doesn't seem to work as it just moves the paper around. Plz respond ASAP because today is commited to working on my suit... and i can't do anything else until i have this problem solved. Worst case scenario i have to draw the pieces which seemed to work out fine for the chestpiece but it's a pain in the ass...

hey sorry for bothering you guys i figured it out and im continuing with my armour :D

Hi guys.

I have what I think is a silly question, but its better to be sure, so here it goes:

I'm about to begin printing the magnum, battle rifle and knife with sheath models. Do these files (and by the way, all the weapons files) need some scaling or are these made with real size proportions ?

For example, (as everybody knows) in the Halo games the weapons are used equally by marines and spartans, so if the weapons models are made with the game proportions, shall I assume they are print-ready ?

Thanks !

Do these files (and by the way, all the weapons files) need some scaling or are these made with real size proportions ?

For example, (as everybody knows) in the Halo games the weapons are used equally by marines and spartans, so if the weapons models are made with the game proportions, shall I assume they are print-ready ?

In my opinion scaling should always be considered and nothing should be considered print-ready.

Do these files (and by the way, all the weapons files) need some scaling or are these made with real size proportions ?

The proportions should be correct anyway, otherwise the model is wrong. The size should be correct as well if the modeller and/or unfolder did a good job.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply guys !

In that case, just to be sure, I'll get a couple of screenshots of marines/spartans with these weapons and also take in account the toy weapons scale according to their respective figures.

With those two sets of proportions I will see how similar the scales are with the peps models and if the difference is just a few centimeters I'll print them as they are now.

Thanks again !

In that case, just to be sure, I'll get a couple of screenshots of marines/spartans with these weapons and also take in account the toy weapons scale according to their respective figures.

The Halo Wiki also has size information for some weapons. Not sure where they get it, but it seems to be accurate so far.

I Really Need Help Sizing My Armor
Could Anyone Help Me
Height: 5 Foot 7 in
Ankle- Knee Cap: 17 in
Knee Cap- Waist: 16 in
Ellbow- Rist: 11 1/2 in
Elboow- Shoulder(end of): 13in
Foot Length: 11in
I am skinny
Looking to Build Mrk 6 Master Chief With A Rouge Helmet Instead of The Mrk 6 Helm
Thnx

I Really Need Help Sizing My Armor
Could Anyone Help Me
Height: 5 Foot 7 in
Ankle- Knee Cap: 17 in
Knee Cap- Waist: 16 in
Ellbow- Rist: 11 1/2 in
Elboow- Shoulder(end of): 13in
Foot Length: 11in
I am skinny
Looking to Build Mrk 6 Master Chief With A Rouge Helmet Instead of The Mrk 6 Helm
Thnx

There are a couple of great tutorials about this.

One of these is from Xtreme tactics and is excellent for the arms, shoulders and legs.

For the chest and cod pieces (the hardest in my opinion) I used the tip from LongShot post (page 12) which is measure your chest and waist and adjust the scale of the peps according the horizontal struts of the models. Before this, you need to set the grid size of pepakura to 1 cm in order to adjust the strut size

There are more details and pictures in their respective threads.

i did what this said and the measurements seemed okay but only the build can tell :D

I made three forearms, the first one using the tutorial but it was "very small", so I adjusted the scale myself for the next one and it resulted very big. For the last one I got a lot of reference pictures and when I finished peping it I realized the first one was ok.

Next, I build two chest pieces, the first one following the tutorial, but it was small. Then I followed Longshot's advice and my chest piece size is now perfect.

I think the Mk.VI chest piece (specially the front part) looks bigger than it really is. Once everything is assembled it will looks fine.

However, don't follow the tutorials blindly, always take into account your own measures and the three scale factors of the models as well.

Also, taking a picture of your body part and superposing a screen capture of the pepakura model in photoshop or any other program helps a lot too.

I don't know too much of photoshop, but here I go:

First, you take a picture of your forearm, leg, chest or the part of your body you wish to make.

Then you open pepakura and in the left window, rotate the model with the right mouse button until it looks the same angle as your picture. Then take a screen capture of this window.

After this, open your body picture in photoshop, gimp or your favorite program and create a new file and add two layers. Put your body picture in the bottom layer and the pepakura screenshot in the upper layer.

Finally, using a magic wand tool (or something similar) cut out the excess of the pepakura screenshot until it looks like this:

fotoejemplo.jpg

This picture was one of my first experiments with this .... ahem, "technique". In this case, the chest piece was very very small.

This method is (obviously) far from perfect to get a exact scale, but using your own body measures as reference, it is useful to give an overall idea of how the piece or armor will be (too little, very big, etc) once you build it.

holy crap. i just tried to make an assault rifle from the 405th pep pack 1.7 and some of the cuts were so small i couldnt even see them, and the numbers were illegible! is there an easier one i should start out with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back