Help. My large hands make it impossible to slip on my Pep forearms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help. My large hands make it impossible to slip on my Pep forearms. Background The smallest I can make my hand be is 10 in. in diameter. My wrist is 7in. I have been using the math formula of my height 69in + 6in /86 * the current scale in Pepkura. I tried adjusting the scale by adding additional inches but that did not work. I read thru the noob links and found a different way to scale [by using a photo]. And I will create a new forearm using this method. But I am still thinking that I am going to have to make the forearms into 2 pieces cut length wise from wrist towards elbow. I read thru the forums and performed a search but only found a brief mention of making the torso into 2 pieces. Has anyone else ran into this issue? If I do cut the forearm into 2 pieces which stage should I cut at? While it is still paper? After the Resin? After the FG? Man I hope I posted right

Check out Abrant on youtube he had some sizing issues with his forearm pieces and cut a slit into them so he could get them on I believe this is the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people break their chest, forearm, and shin pieces into halves, and then reattach them together with strappings. Cereal actually has a video demonstrating how to do this on the chest piece, found in the Armor Related Videos section of the site.

The process has to be done after you rondo the piece. While it is easier to do it in the pep stage, the paper will obviously not line up perfectly unless it is rigid, which is done in rondo/fiberglass. It is a bit harder to cut out, but you will never get a good fit you you break it apart when it's paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back