Hey, well new...and worried to be honest.

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by FoxofShadows193, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives RXO & Keeper of Con Lists 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

You sound like Walter.....
    giphy-downsized.gif

2. Elcorio

Elcorio Member

OK, so one more visual references for ya.
    20181112_052641.jpg 20190208_052454.jpg

Not posting these to ooohhh and ahhhh over, but more of a "I have NEVER done this technique before" reference. I failed repeatedly on trying to make an ODST helmet out of foam and went the pepakura route having zero experience. I read and read and read the forums, watched vidoes, and jumped in. To this very second, I have never pulled anything like this off, but I am taking it slow and re-reading each step on these forums as I go. The second picture is the result up to this point.

So what I am getting at is this. Pull the trigger, get the foam, and start. The folks on these forums have been absolutely instrumental in helping me get to this stage and they'll do the same for you. Best group of people I have ever found in regards to helping complete strangers.

3. FoxofShadows193

FoxofShadows193 New Member

Aye Sarg! As for me, I have the foam shipping in by this week, and then we are good to run. My tools of trade are on the ground already, and well as it is, critique is always welcome once I start punching it all down. Also I need one final piece of the puzzle, anyone able to send me a detailed back and front of reach's odst's? As well as a back and front (maybe sides) of the pistol and Ar/Sniper? I know that may be a lot, but with the time for transit, I can get a ref for idea classification, to part distribution. Also if someone could get me the Mark V from reach, Master Chief's one that is, or Jun's armor a back front, and side pics, that would be amazing! I looked through the armors once more, and I am tossed between an ODST, and the two Spartans. I intend to make all in time, but ehh I really need to see them all in full to pick. If anyone could help, that would be great!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019 at 8:41 AM
    xXDashIVXx likes this.