Higdog827's Masterchief Build (NOW COMPLETE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind if i post updates here or should i start my own thread?
The updates will be monthly at most.

No dude, i dont mind if you post some progress here. Although, if youre planning on doing a whole ODST build, you should probably make your own thread.

Also, Ive begun work on my chest, and spitfire, that thing is in fact a beast... Ill have some more progress posted later, stay tuned!

No dude, i dont mind if you post some progress here. Although, if youre planning on doing a whole ODST build, you should probably make your own thread.

Also, Ive begun work on my chest, and spitfire, that thing is in fact a beast... Ill have some more progress posted later, stay tuned!

I'l be sure to create my own thread after i'v built the helmet and decided if i really want to go throught with the whole armour
lookin forward to seing some more progressssss.. :)
heres what i'v done over the weekend
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Im now about half done with the chest pep. Ive got almost all of the front done. Im hoping i scalled this right, because theres no way im redoing it.
Its looking pretty good, but i really need to know if you guys see any problems, because if I finish it, and theres something terribly wrong with it, ill be very dissapointed.

Photo1384.jpg

Photo1382.jpg

This is the balaclava ill be wearing under the helmet :D

Ok, let me know what you think!

The glove/handplate looks just perfect, the other parts too.
For the chestpiece: I don't know if its the perspective but it seems to small, compared to the other pieces. :confused

Chest pice is too small need to bump up the scale for another 2.5cm

I know it looks small, but AR_sechs is right about the perspective. I probably should have mentioned this in my earlier post, but the bottom of the chest is kinda of curled in, sort of. Its tough to explain. But its bowed in a bit because the side strap things havent been attached yet. I know this probably doesnt make sense, but youll see once i finish it, itll grow about two inches in legnth. Youll just have to trust me on this.

Also, I just put a coat of resin on the outside of my right shin.

Photo1385.jpg

And now im curious, what would be the best way to harden the inside of this? Ive used fiberglass cloth before, but Ive heard that Rondo is a very good option, but since Ive never used it, im a little weary of screwing up. I think the question I need answered most is, how much rondo would it take to coat the inside of this?

Photo1386.jpg

Also, is the ratio on rondo 1:1 resin to bondo?

Ok, thanks in advance!

Rondo is the best option. while it is heavier than fiberglass cloth, it is more convenient with sanding because you can sand into the rondo and you cannot sand into the fiberglass cloth. i use rondo on all of my armor, but don't worry about screwing up, because rondo is really really easy. if you have no idea how to use it, just go to BenStreeper's video on how to make and use it. Hope this helps;)

There is no exact ratio for mixing rondo. If you want a thicker coat you add less resin, thinner coat, more resin. Just make sure you mix everything very well. Looks like you are moving along, nice work.

Ok, the chest is pepped! unfortunately, i didnt take any pics of me wearing it back when it was two peices, but It does fit, youll have to wait to see how well it fits till i harden it and split it into two peices again. So heres the finished chest!

Photo1388.jpg

Photo1389.jpg

Photo1392.jpg

Photo1393.jpg

Now, if youre wondering what the purple marks on the peice are, theyre just there to show me where im going to put some damage onto. I pulled up a picture of cheif and marked the damage on his chestpiece on mine.

Ok, tell me what you think!

looks good, but make sure it doesnt warp to much, so first resin the outside lightly, and then the inside, so that it has more sturdyness

Hey guys, ive got a quick question that i need your opinion on.
I have some LEDs here that I want to put in on my helmet. But all I have are red, yellow and greens. Which color should I use? Im kinda leaning towards the greens, but I want your opinions. Thanks!

Between the three color choices you have given, I would say green as well.

Yep, ive started installing the greens. Im almost done wiring it up, im just having trouble finding something to use as a switch. Any suggestions?

Um... a switch maybe? LOL,JK Do you have any old toys laying around that have a switch in them you could rob?

Ok, Ive finished wiring some LEDs into my helmet! I put two green LEDs in the sides where the round things that I think are actually supposed to be flashlights are. So here you go, I think this pretty much completes my helmet!

Photo1405.jpg

Heres the finished helmet with the LEDs turned on.

Photo1408.jpg

A closer view of one side.

Photo1410.jpg

Heres the inside of the helmet.

Photo1416.jpg

The battery holder I comandeered from cheap stick-on light thingy.

Photo1412.jpg

Heres the left LEDs wiring.

Photo1414.jpg

This is the right LED wiring. Both LEDs are hooked up to the battery holder that is stored in the brim of the helmet. The way that you turn the LEDs off is a bit primitive. I left one of the electrodes on the LED open and a wire with an aligator clip on it. You put the clip on the end of the electrode and it completes the circuit.

Photo1417.jpg

I also glued in a tiny magnet so that when the clip isnt atached to the electrode, you can put it on the magnet. So then its not hanging out of the helmet.

Ok, thats it for now, thanks for checking up!

Definitely be careful. If you sweat a little too much, your face might complete the circuit and that wouldn't be too comfortable.

Definitely be careful. If you sweat a little too much, your face might complete the circuit and that wouldn't be too comfortable.
Oh dont worry, its too far into the earpiece for me to complete the circuit. ;)

Ok, Ive finished my right shin! Its all glassed, bondo'd, and painted! Here, check it out!
Photo1418.jpg

Photo1422.jpg

Photo1424.jpg

For my first time working with rondo, i think its pretty good.

So hows it look? Also, dont expect any progress for at least antother week, because ill be camping from tomorrow (6/24/11) till next friday (7/1/11). Ok, thanks!

Thanks, and nice job xcal! It turned out really good, the only major flaw seems to be the cardboard ribbing on the knife blade. Other than that, congradulations! And i like the COD tac knife pose!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, both my shins are now completed! I used rondo on both of them, and ive gotta say, i like rondo muuuuch more than fiberglass! Its so much easier to use. Here are the completed shins:

Photo1448.jpg

Photo1445.jpg

Photo1451.jpg

Photo1452.jpg

Photo1453.jpg

Ok, next up are the thighs. Ive got quite a bit of work on those though, because Im going to have to make the inside peices out of foam or vinyl or something. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back