Higdog827's Masterchief Build (NOW COMPLETE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok not exactly an update per-say, but I Just took a few pictures of me wearing my 99% complete suit that I thought youd like to see! Here ya go!

111009_005.jpg

Heres all the pieces

111009_004.jpg

111009_002.jpg

111009_001.jpg

111009_003.jpg

You like?

Looks really good. Sorry if I missed it but what are your plans for an under-suit? I think I'll buy one like Longshot did, less work and it turns out well. My hat goes off to those that make their own though. Not done with the right hand plate yet?

THis looks really good. I have a question, did you dry brush the silver scratches or did you spray the whole thing silver then do an over coat and sand it?

Looks really good. Sorry if I missed it but what are your plans for an under-suit? I think I'll buy one like Longshot did, less work and it turns out well. My hat goes off to those that make their own though. Not done with the right hand plate yet?

As for the undersuit, what im wearing in these pictures is my undersuit. I know its kinda cheap, but its good enough for me. Its a pair of $10 running tights from walmart, a $12 tight fitting turtleneck also from walmart, and under the helmet Im wearing one of my most prized possessions, my COD Ghost balaclava from ballys.com! And yeah, I just need to finish up that last handplate and Im done!

THis looks really good. I have a question, did you dry brush the silver scratches or did you spray the whole thing silver then do an over coat and sand it?

I tried doing the silver undercoat thing, but I could never seem to get it to work right. Then I discovered dry-brushing and pretty much fell in love with it. Its so easy and creates such an amazing look. So yes, the whole thing is dry-brushed.

Hey everyone! As of 7:30PM 10/11/11, my Masterchief build is complete!!!

Ok, my suit is done!! I had a friend come over yesterday and take some pictures. Feast your eyes! (This is continued over two posts)

IMG_0138.jpg

Full-body shot

IMG_0140.jpg

Halo CE pose

IMG_0142.jpg

Profile shot

IMG_0144.jpg

A classic Chief pose

IMG_0146.jpg

Capture the flag!!

IMG_0148.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures

IMG_0164.jpg

First person view

Heres where the stuff starts getting kind of crazy.

IMG_0150.jpg

I call shotgun!

IMG_0152.jpg

Nothing to see here, just checking my mail...

IMG_0154.jpg

Carving pumpkins!

IMG_0156.jpg

Basketball anyone?

IMG_0160.jpg

I took my lawn mower out for a spin. Theres a video of it later!

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Binoculars!

IMG_0168.jpg

Of course, I had to get the classic "MasterChef" picture!

[More stuff in the next post!]

[Continued from last post]

IMG_0170.jpg

Its kin of like inception!!! o_0

IMG_0174.jpg

I haz reconz!

IMG_0176.jpg

Helmet comparison

IMG_0180.jpg

When worlds collide: driving my RC-XD from the prestige edition of COD Black Ops while wearing a masterchief suit.

IMG_0184.jpg

Chief needs a good rest before a long day of killing aliens!

OK thats it for the pictures, heres a few videos!
(Click the image and it'll take you to my photobucket where you can watch the videos)

th_IMG_0158.jpg
Me playing basketball

th_IMG_0183.jpg
Me playing with the RC-XD

th_IMG_0163.jpg
And my personal favorite, me driving the lawn mower!

Ok guys, I hope youve enjoyed my build, I couldnt have done it without you. You guys are awesome. Im looking forward to your feedback, talk to you soon!

Well, I'm pretty disappointed that no one has commented on my thread since its completion! Come on people, I want to know what you think! good or bad, I want your comments!

Well in the meantime, ive been working on another MARK VI helmet. heres what I got so far:
111016_002.jpg

111016_003.jpg

And of course, I had to put myself on the Halo CE cover :D
(The background came out with a reddish tinge for some reason, Im not quite sure why.)
halo1-coverme.jpg

Again, tell me what you guys think! I want your comments!

I like your poses, and scale. Do you plan on trying a duel visor? I think that would take it up a notch. Some bondo would kick it up another notch. Really good color green.

That lawn mower ride was funny. Not every day you see a classic Halo icon riding a TroyBilt. Great work on this.:)

I like your poses, and scale. Do you plan on trying a duel visor? I think that would take it up a notch. Some bondo would kick it up another notch. Really good color green.

Nah, I doubt Ill be doing the dual visor, I epoxy-ed the visor in, so there's no way that thing is coming out unless I take a saw to it. And some of the armor actually is bondoed, but I didnt have enough to do the whole suit.

That lawn mower ride was funny. Not every day you see a classic Halo icon riding a TroyBilt. Great work on this.:)
XD Yeah you think that was funny, you shouldve seen some of the looks I was getting from people driving by.

Ok,I was getting annoyed by the fact that I had to walk flat-footed in my boots since they werent separate pieces. so I got some plumbing tubing, split the boots, and glued it in. I can finally bend my feet!

111023_001.jpg

111023_002.jpg

111023_003.jpg

111023_004.jpg

111023_005.jpg

I also got this fancy patch when I got the limited edition of Halo Wars. so I attached some velcro to it and my thigh piece (because it wouldnt fit anywhere else).
111023_007.jpg

111023_008.jpg

I also finished the pep work and resined the other MARK VI helmet Im making. Ill have pictures of that next time.

Hey I finished the Recon and Mark VI helmets ive been working on. I ordered gold tinted visors, but I got almost blue-ish tinted ones. But they still look really cool! Check em out!

111029_001.jpg

111029_002.jpg

111029_003.jpg

111029_004.jpg

111029_005.jpg

111029_006.jpg

111029_011.jpg

111029_007.jpg

111029_008.jpg

111029_009.jpg

How do they look?

Hey everyone, Halloween was awesome! Almost everyone was in awe of the suit, and there were a few people who refused to believe that I made it, I actually had to show them my workshop to convince them! (Dont worry though, my workshop is in my garage, I wasnt letting strangers into my house) I was sort of taken aback by how many young children knew who I was. I know as a sophomore in high school, Im probably in no position to be passing judgement on this, but seriously, who the heck is letting their 7 year old children play/watch a mature rated video game?? It kind of scares me. Also, after about half an hour of trying to explain what i was to parents that hadnt heard of halo before, I just started telling them I was a transformer...
But overall, I had an amazing time! The feeling you get when you tell someone you personally made the whole suit, then watching their jaw drop, is amazing.

I also would like to show off the pumpkin I carved! Its not amazing by any means, but with the little practice I have, Im proud of it.
111030_001.jpg

111030_005.jpg

Also, if youd like to do this next year, here is the template I made for it. you cut out the white portions. Click the picture and the save it off of my photobucket account.
th_halopumpkintemplate.jpg

Now I think this is probably the last update Ill be posting on this thread, but believe me, Im not even close to being finished with armoring. My next Build is a pretty massive project. Myself and three friends have teamed up to make Romeo, Dutch, Mickey, and the Rookie from Halo ODST and finish them in time to go to the release of Halo 4. The thread has been started and is up in the creation discussion section of the forum, please check it out HERE!

Yours in armoring,
Higdog827

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back