Soft Parts high res Halo 5 undersuit files Pepakura/3d printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY !!!

After some weeks of research I Figure it out how to reduce the polygon count without destroying the model.

This is the reduced polygon model, if some one want to make his own unfold.

Dropbox - Tech Suit - Polygon Reduction.obj

Next step will be adjusting the model to a Virtual Mannequin (I'm 1.92 mt) and then unfold the pieces for Foam.

zMr69jO

I'm working on the "soft" parts of the undersuit that makes up the exo-skelleton and muscle enhancing part of the undersuit. By that I mean all those lines that make it look like a space-suit. I took the texture-file and started to vectorize the separate parts.
My plan is: plot out the parts with my silhouette cameo on a flexible foil and attach it to my base layer (compression underwear). I made tests with it and it works just fine. The file can also be used as a cutting template by hand of course. Here is a quick test shot of a small portion of the final product:
test.png

Dirtsen

That would be awesome bro! I own a Cameo also! How tall are you? It would be cool to have the vectors already scaled. I suck at scaling things with using the silhouette program. Well, that's partly in line with not having a good tutorial to go off of. Keep us posted!

I've decided to jump in and help out with the Pep (Foam) conversions as well ;). I'm taking the more tedious route by retopologizing the models by hand instead of letting a program do it. This way I have more control over the model.

I started with the hip file:

comparison.jpg

Left - Original, Center - My Retopology, Right - YerryBatista Poly Reduction

I could have reduced the poly count even more but it was sufficient enough for a foam unfold:

foam-unfold.jpg

I think I'll work on the shoulder parts next

-- EDIT --
Added the ZIP file.

Attachments

• H5-Techsuit-Hip-Left-FOAM.zip
    219.1 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
I've decided to jump in and help out with the Pep (Foam) conversions as well ;). I'm taking the more tedious route by retopologizing the models by hand instead of letting a program do it. This way I have more control over the model.

I started with the hip file:

View attachment 243048

Left - Original, Center - My Retopology, Right - YerryBatista Poly Reduction

I could have reduced the poly count even more but it was sufficient enough for a foam unfold:

View attachment 243049

I think I'll work on the shoulder parts next
wow, dude! that's great!
really well done!! would you be so kind as to share the pep files?

Demogorgon

Excellent work bro! That's exactly what I've been looking for! I was gonna do a Unfolds for paper using the retopology that Batista did. But after dropping it into Blender to convert the tris to quads......... I was like, no not happening. As for the upper center back piece there is still parts separated. Which those parts need to be boolean. So yeah awesome work! Thanks Demo!

Last edited:
Demogorgon

Excellent work bro! That's exactly what I've been looking for! I was gonna do a Unfolds for paper using the retopology that Batista did. But after dropping it into Blender to convert the tris to quads......... I was like, no not happening. As for the upper center back piece there is still parts separated. Which those parts need to be boolean. So yeah awesome work! Thanks Demo!

Thanks :D Yeah the horseshoe part at the top is still a bit of a mess. I fixed the open edges of the piece mentioned and there are still a couple of open edges but it doesn't effect the Foam unfold. If needed, I can go back and fix the mesh further for paper unfolds.

The hip file has been updated with the fixed file.

I've also finished getting the shoulder done:

foam-shoulder.jpg

Attachments

• H5-Techsuit-Shoulder-Left-FOAM.zip
    127.6 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
@Demogorgon

Cool, just let me know when you post the new fixed hip file. Checked out the original, not sure if the geometry in the middle of the hip part is good to go. But definitely doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back