How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an account a long time ago but was never really dedicated to it and forgot my password lol

now I'm fully into this and made a new account lol

I found the 405th through that IndyMogul video :p

My son wanted help with a Master Chief he was doing and ran across the Backyard FX IndyMogul video. Since I am also a 501st member it was just inevitable that I would find the 405th website.

I also was drawn in by the IndyMogul videos, oddly enough, on Instructables, and I just loved this community so much I felt I would die if I couldn't join. (for a short time, i couldn't)

The way I learned about this awesome website :) was by looking up halo costumes during halloween. I clicked a picture and what do you know, it was Adam's armor! I thought about it and tried doing this with cardboard, but it never really worked out. Years later I started a project of making a latex batman suit which never really got underway, but it reminded me of this website. Then with the drop of ODST I was back in the mood to make some pepakura armor. And here I am,

Long live 405th,

Super-Ang

i was looking at epicweapons' stuff then i found a fan website and i signed up and they told me about gametavern on youtube and how he made really good replicas and thats how i found 405th.com

Friend linked me to the 405th as reference and for help building my own Elite and Spartan suits, along with the weapons.

i found my way here after doing a google search for home made ODST armour, to try and make a series of short films that combine into a feature fan film, but then disaster strikes and i end up with no funds, so now i await my printer and admire the work of others until i can start my own.

cheers

Sadly, I was just planning to buy a StormTrooper costume, but then I saw a MC suit not a fan made but actually a costume from some store(i forget the name) After I rummaged around on the online site, I found a few suits. The cheap ones were VERY crappy and the expensive one ($750+) just didn't seem all that good, especially for the money. So I continued searching the site for other suits and I noticed a link that said 405th, we build your characters and well here I am.. I figured building my own, even if it takes me years will be worth the it for just the sheer satisfaction of building it.

I was looking for a new method to make some SW gear that I need for next year, and someone mentioned this thing called Pepekura as a base. I figured it was worth a shot but was highly skeptical coming from the ABS and Fiberglass community.

Now I am reading all the stickies and doing those things that new members of this site should be doing in order to enrich not only my skillset and knowledgebase, but the costume bins in my pantry. I see green in my future to counteract all that black!

I found this incredible site by getting bored and fumbling around youtube and finding the IndyMogul video... been obsessed with this place since!

I came across the 405th by way of Google. A couple of years ago, I was interested in what it would take to make a Master Chief costume and just recently, I have the time to start working on my own Spartan suit. From what I have learned so far, I have already pepped the right shoulder/bicep. Now, I'm in the process of learning a little more on how to navigate through this amazing website, and starting to make posts on here.

For a long time I have been interested in building Halo Armor and Weapons. I have been researching for months. I found this site by just browsing Google. I am extremely optimistic about learning from this site and the people on it. My first project is converting a ski helmet into a standard ODST helmet. I hope to have many good experiences building projects with help from the 405th!

I found this place a long time ago looking for halloween costumes but paid no attention to it because i wanted mah halo armor now. Then i forgot about it, found out about the 501st, spent some money to buy my own molded plastic Chief armor from a place and then i worked on it for 9 months and wore it to the midnight release of ODST at my gamestop (PM me to know where) where somehow another guy in Master Chief armor was already there so their were 2 Chiefs at 1 gamestop party. It was wicked and the other dude was in the 405th already (I forgot his name) and he reminded me about the site and so i joined. Beast Mode.

I was in the mood for drawing some ODST armour, but all my drawings looked inaccurate. So, I googled ODST armour. You can figure out the rest. :p

I was taking a look at the official Iron Man 2 trailer, and then I suddenly wanted to make an Iron Man helmet for myself ._.

And then I just started searching everywhere for tutorials, step by steps, guides, anything that would come in handy, and I remembered I had seen this video several months before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntVh5Qennl0

So I got all excited and kept looking.

And I found several links @ Google that said something about 405th

405th, 405th, 405th...

And I had no idea what the hell was that all about XD

So I clicked on them and I didn't understand a thing ._.

I kept looking XD and I found out that it was a cool place where costume makers and Halo fans hang around, so I went in to take a look ;D

Oh, and for you to know, I found a cool tutorial in an Argentinian site called Taringa, that was extracted from another sited called Instructables. I think that's where I decided I wanted to build (a helmet) something for myself.

I'm still looking around. I need to go to Walmart and buy some materials (specially heavier paper for my Pepakuras) and I'm trying to decide which project I should start with, you know, something simpler, easier.

The Iron Man helmet IS NOT the best beginner project around, right? So, I need to find something small and simple to begin with, BUT I'm not sure what, so, I'll keep reading ;)

Cya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back