How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately i have been collection some halo models. I love to paint them and look at them. I also have the halo 3 master-chief helmet (way too small to fit mind you). But i also like the idea of having some props like the guns. I like to collect those things and now i want to make it myself, including a set of ODST Armour.

so while googling at work for some info i stumbled upon some references about the 405th. so i decided to use this chance and register to get access to a helpful community and maybe one day meet others at a convention

I found this forum after getting a HUGE blast from the past, and some major nostalgic vibes about a week ago. Been on this Halo tangent reminiscing about gaming memories, I've always wanted to cosplay something but never really knew what I wanted to do. Then it hit me, do a spartan cosplay of what I've looked like in the Halo games with my multiplayer armor. Boom, I'm here lol.

When I lived in Indiana I saw online that you could purchase a Halo 3 Master Chief costume, and I WANTED one. But at the time I was unable to do anything about it.

A few months later I moved to Utah and started doing research. I found some videos on YouTube that weren't very accurate, and some that were terrible, but the 405th.com kept popping up as a reference, and I liked what I saw. So I started on this sniper rifle out of pepakura, which was a mistake, but with the help of Adam, Sean Bradley, and LongShot X as inspiration and guidance I finally got an ODST build made, minus the thighs (which I still have, actually. At least mostly.)

From there it blossomed into an obsession in a lot of ways, but that's how I came to the 405th.

..When life calms down, maybe I should redo the ODST instead of working on Buzz Lightyear...

I'm not sure what you mean, I have a hole there to allow for lighting matching the in game scaling of 25% lighting 75% metal for the indent. Maybe it doesn't show up because I was wearing black pants? Check the close up photo of the thigh.
I do need to cut it out for the biceps still, I know that.
[QUOTE="Sean Anwalt, post: 782717

... maybe I should redo the ODST when life calms down, instead of Buzz Lightyear...
[/QUOTE]
Stop right there... Buzz Lightywar is your priority....

I seen the 405th colonial group at a local convention back in October of 2018. Since then I've starting working with a member on making my own armor and helmet. Halo has always been a game I can pick up and play with a group of friends to relax and have some laughs at.

I was walking around at Halo Outpost Discovery in chicago and saw some awesome costumes. Just some guy in a Hawaiian shirt and a odst helmet on acting casual. I also saw that there was 405th on the wall and I though, "that's pretty neat". A month or two after that I was talking to a friend. He said that he used to be in it but doesn't anymore because there was something wrong with it or personal reasons. He then told me to join up because once I get the odst built, i could have fun cosplaying with some people. I took him up on that offer. Now I'm here. Probably staying quiet until the odst is built.

It was about 9 years ago. I don't remember what I was looking up, but I found the 405th and the files to do a paper craft Halo build. I started on a ODST helmet but had to bail on it as life got in the way. But I always kept the 405th in the back of my mind till I had more time and money to revisit the idea of an ODST build.

And well, here I am now.

It was about 9 years ago. I don't remember what I was looking up, but I found the 405th and the files to do a paper craft Halo build. I started on a ODST helmet but had to bail on it as life got in the way. But I always kept the 405th in the back of my mind till I had more time and money to revisit the idea of an ODST build.

And well, here I am now.

Life can definitely get in the way of leisure time. Money is one thing, time is what you make of it. If you devote 20-30 minutes a day or even every other day, you'd be surprised at how quickly piece by piece the build comes together.....especially towards the end of the build. You don't even have to finish that 1 section of armor in a single go.........Will it take time....Yes. Will it take patience.......yes. Will you make mistakes.......yes. Will you have a suit you are proud of in the end.......most assuredly.

I was walking around at Halo Outpost Discovery in chicago and saw some awesome costumes. Just some guy in a Hawaiian shirt and a odst helmet on acting casual. I also saw that there was 405th on the wall and I though, "that's pretty neat". A month or two after that I was talking to a friend. He said that he used to be in it but doesn't anymore because there was something wrong with it or personal reasons. He then told me to join up because once I get the odst built, i could have fun cosplaying with some people. I took him up on that offer. Now I'm here. Probably staying quiet until the odst is built.
I'm sorry your friend had such a poor experience here. There are ups and downs w/ any group out there.....Sometimes a separation is needed. Not sure when the break happened w/ your friend but things change, perhaps given enough time people come back to the group. If bridges haven't been burnt, there is no reason not to just check out what is going on here now and make a new start of things. If you friend is willing, have him PM me. perhaps we can talk about it and find come common ground. Or at least a better understanding of the break. One person's situation could help w/ preventing the loss of another or more members.

My older cousin who was into modelling mentioned this forum in 2014 or so when I was first looking into making pepakura models and props! I didn't join until about a year ago because I didn't have anything to post, but would lurk in threads and use the advice that was given by other members :)

I found 405th while looking for my next cosplay build! I was thinking halo because I always liked the mjolnir armors so I was looking for base armor files and came across this website full of so many helpful people and joined in on this amazing community

I Found 405th years back in high School via an online friend who was like oh this community has files on the Armour, and I've sort of browsed/lurked till currently. Community is Great I see many Future projects time permitting

I was googling for sci fi armour STLs so I could take and modify some files to make some armour and other props for a character in a LARP I play. Found this place by accident and due to loving Halo I immediately decided I would make a set of ODST armour instead. I'll post up a build thread when I have something worth showing.

I was looking for some inspiration and files for my costume, is currently printing a mjolnir mk iv. was totally amazed when I saw everyone's truly creative costumes, how much willingness to share their experiences, tips and advice.

It was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.... Haha no it was around 2012 and it halo reach was (still is) my favorite game. I heard about something called pepakura. I was also looking up halo costumes. Clicked a link and boom! here we are! This is my new account because the other one is lost in time haha! looking forward to seeing all the new techniques and crazy builds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back