how do i become an infantryman

Status
Not open for further replies.
To become an infantryman you need to post a cetain amount of meaningful posts and to view classifieds you need to be an infantryman. Most people are concern with how to make armor.

Ithica

To become an infantryman you need to post a cetain amount of meaningful posts and to view classifieds you need to be an infantryman. Most people are concern with how to make armor.

Ithica

also, didnt Adam say in the orientation video that if your work looks amazing you may get Infantryman before the post cap?

I'm wondering this too. I thought it was when you made 100 posts, but I guess not. I try to help people though if I can.
The reason is that the more people ask about how to reach this level, the more likely the mods and staff will raise the bar to reach it. I remember a time when it was only 50 posts. So if you really want to keep its current cap (apparently more than 100 posts now), then don't answer this kind of question from noobs, much less provide a hard number for it. Sorry for sounding very terse about it.

I saw somewhere that the higher powers of the forum were getting ready to crack down on newer people. This is probably part of the change that they are making.

Being able to view the classifieds and posting on other parts of the forum is a right of passage of sorts.

I saw somewhere that the higher powers of the forum were getting ready to crack down on newer people. This is probably part of the change that they are making.

Being able to view the classifieds and posting on other parts of the forum is a right of passage of sorts.

Here here! I'm 'noob' and in no rush to access the classifieds at all. I am several months in, and still reading new to me stuff. There is just so much info I do struggle to find specific things sometimes.

I have seen some 'noobs' posting like mad trying to get to Infantryman status (I had no idea its supposed to be a race? lmao) Any way, information overload already. Couldnt handle anymore just yet and I cant miss what I never had :)

Here here! I'm 'noob' and in no rush to access the classifieds at all. I am several months in, and still reading new to me stuff. There is just so much info I do struggle to find specific things sometimes.

I have seen some 'noobs' posting like mad trying to get to Infantryman status (I had no idea its supposed to be a race? lmao) Any way, information overload already. Couldnt handle anymore just yet and I cant miss what I never had :)

couldent have said that better myself if you do your own work witch i think this is what this site is all about anyway then why would you need the classifides??

The reason is that the more people ask about how to reach this level, the more likely the mods and staff will raise the bar to reach it. I remember a time when it was only 50 posts. So if you really want to keep its current cap (apparently more than 100 posts now), then don't answer this kind of question from noobs, much less provide a hard number for it. Sorry for sounding very terse about it.
I don't get it though. I've seen people with less posts than I and have infantryman status.

I don't get it though. I've seen people with less posts than I and have infantryman status.
When new members show their work and they scream "awesome", the staff may give those members such status. A few names come to mind: Legendary Armor guys (BishopX and slavefive), LeeKeegan, Nightshade and a couple of people from the TRP forum guys whose names escape me at the moment. The LA guys were given Elite status with only 5 posts or so (before the forum re-launch). The TRP guy who did the animatronic Elite costume also was given such promotion. Of course, we know Nightshade and his ODST work, which created a huge spike in the ODST costume making, and LeeKeegan's woodworking magic. VIPs are also given that status like the Bungie guys some time ago.

Who gets promoted quickly is at the discretion of the staff.

Well I have some stuff done and I usually give moderately good advice to some people who need it, so I was under the assumption I wouldn't be exempt from it. I'll make a work in progress thread soon if that's the case. I was going to post in the general discussion forum because I made a few banners for the forums and I was just hoping to see if they could be used. That's all I was really aiming for though.

Its probably higher now to help separate the people who are serious about building armor from those who just hang around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back