How long does this Noob status last

Status
Not open for further replies.

panzerjunky

Hey just wondering how long the noob attachment ban lasts so wip pics can be ran in a decent chronological order in the correct forum where some one might actually be interested in it . But the only place one my noob status can post is on the noob forum and you cant post pics right to the post only through a remote photosharing source. I build stuff and am not a computer guy so what do I have to do or what hoops do I ned to jump through to be able to participate in your forum without restrictions.
Thanks Jerry

you know i was wondering the same thing but ive only been here for a bit, so im sure its going to last awhile

Noob status won't affect your photo sharing abilities. That is just something we all have because webspace is a premium from my understanding. You will always have to use an outside source to store the files. Flickr and Photobucket work fine for this, though you could always buy storage online if you want! But they are still easy to place in the thread wherever you want with the IMG tags, there is a limit of like 10 pictures per post, but beyond that there's nothing stopping you from putting up some cool work in progress pics.
[ IMG ] image address here like "http://www.whatever.photobucket.com" [ /IMG ]
If you remove the spaces from between the IMG things and the brackets above, they become image tags, and what's in between them becomes a visible image:
needler28.jpg

Also, when you are typing your thread, there is a button above the text box that is a tree in a box, click that and it will do this for you too! If you still don't get it, I can answer more questions, I remember that in my old n00b threads I was able to put in pictures.

To answer the broader question though, it lasts for about three months, and a minimum of 100 meaningful posts. Just spamming other threads won't get you in good graces, but making a good contribution, and putting up some good work will get you there fast.

Yeah, what they said ^
- Photos are never held locally.
- Maximum of 15 tags per post
- 100 posts (non-spam eg: 'great work', 'awesome job'... these don't count.) & 90 Days as a member for "Infantryman" status.

Cereal.

Thanks Fellas
some useful information as I said I am not a computer savy guy but that looks easy enough thanks again looking forward to sharing some work with yall,
Thanks Jerry

Thanks Fellas
some useful information as I said I am not a computer savy guy but that looks easy enough thanks again looking forward to sharing some work with yall,
Thanks Jerry

I've been here for a quite a while and I myself am not an infantryman yet. Most of this is caused by me being simply a lurker for a year or so (a member, but not a posting member). Eventually I started my own build when I was ready and I had no issues posting pics in my thread.

Some say its done by a combination of post count and tenure, others say its just post count. However, that doesn't mean you should just spam messages in a thread until you have like 200 posts or something- the GOAL is for you to contribute :)

My thread doesn't get much traffic, but that doesn't stop me from adding to it if I have updates, in fact, I'll have a nice one real soon.....

EDIT: just saw Katsu's post, I don't know why my browser didn't show his or thorns....bleh. Anyway, what they said.

Good luck!

Ive always been told to hit infantryman its not the amount of posts but quiet simply the contribution. You couldve made ten posts but come up with some new brilliant way to make a suit. The mods could decided to reward you with it early. However for most its generally later down the track once they contribute more. I hit it around 107 but i had a few spam posts. I have heard of members with over 200 being a site noob still. It happens and takes time, best not to worry about it.

Keanu/ runcornstuntman

im still wondering. ive made over 150 post. a little spamming at first but not much and id like to believe ive been a decent, helpful member of the forums.

well then You just have to wait out the rest of the 90 days :) while waiting you can take the time to read ALL the stickies (even ones you don't really care about) making yourself nearly a semi expert by the time you are a infantrymen. After that you can post in practically any thread supplying tons of great info adding to the forums combined intelligence. Trust me, the "noob status" is a good part of this forum. It wasn't around when I first came here and, well, lets just say I'm not exactly prideful about all the things I posted :p

im still wondering. ive made over 150 post. a little spamming at first but not much and id like to believe ive been a decent, helpful member of the forums.

I've been here since '08 under the old forums. Turned out a full suit of armor, even a tut that got stickied. I still ended up a NOOB when the new forum stood up. I didn't upgrade until over 100 posts because I went forever and a day without contributing to the betterment of others' projects. I didn't like it, thought I'd earned it already. I was missing the point. If you are counting posts, it'll be forever. Take care of the other NOOBs and the pros that are going down a path you've already traveled and status is transparent. Take a look at Katsu's activities in the NOOB stickies and you'll see what I mean.

And yes, you have been a helpful member to the forums.

Redshirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for clarifying. :)

Ive always been told to hit infantryman its not the amount of posts but quiet simply the contribution. You couldve made ten posts but come up with some new brilliant way to make a suit. The mods could decided to reward you with it early. However for most its generally later down the track once they contribute more. I hit it around 107 but i had a few spam posts. I have heard of members with over 200 being a site noob still. It happens and takes time, best not to worry about it.

Thanks, this really clears up a lot for me. And also, I have been making a EVA foam ODST and it is coming along nicely from my perspective. So come over and take a quick look at it and tell me what you think, give me suggestions, tips, or just look at the pictures of my progress. Thank you.

http:// [url]http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/40830-Tell-me-what-you-all-think-about-my-first-Halo-Build-(WIP)[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back