Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Jealous I so want to do this, stupid having to pay rent, etc :mad: lol

But seriously fantastic work and it looks great.

I am Jealous I so want to do this, stupid having to pay rent, etc :mad: lol

But seriously fantastic work and it looks great.

try a mortgage then :p
it can all be done on the cheap, so just go for it, once you have the materials, they tend to last for a good number of builds (well.. assuming you don't go overboard on the use of the most expensive part of the lot... namely the resin.)

Hey everyone!

If I've missed another area this has been answered in, please point me in the right direction...

I'm currently working on pepping an ODST using the Hugh files. I've been giving thought to the hardening process and had a question for anyone who has used the fiberglass/resin method: How are you dealing with the reinforcing ridges on the inside? I like the overall concept with the ridges but I've come up with two or three ways of fiberglassing the project when I get there. Are ya'll going over the ridges with the fiberglass, removing part of the ridges to bind the different parts together or something else? Just wanted to get some input on it before I start 'glassing it (still a newbie with the fiberglass...)

Thanks in advance!

Wow, I read the whole thread and I have a really good idea of where this will take me and what I'll do. I have to say I am disappointed at the sudden explosion of attention on this thread on the last two pages.

Anyway, Hugh, I am switching to your models, at first I was like o_O but then I was like :) and then I put on my rape face.
Your methods look much simpler to build up on than where I was going with Belakor's files. I will use your torso, assets, shins and thighs, cod and possibly buttpack. I saw someone added a spine guard to their torso, and I like it. I'm taking it.

You know what, I think th only model I won't use of yours is the helmet, but I am still tempted to no end to use your v2 helm anyway.

Well, God's blessings to you, I know you must be busy with life and your Killzone stuff. Keep in touch

Semper Fi

So Hugh, I've got an idea for your visor that you may like. why dont you layer the inside of a clear visor with liquid crystal? its not as expensive as it sounds lol. its a clear sheet that when given a charge, will tint. just an idea i thought you should know.

Well, i've come to the right thread and have found the final inspiration to try my luck, Hugh Holder sir, you're a genius (taking off my hat and making a deep bow)

hey,i'm trying to build a halo makvi foam armor
but i found it extremely difficult to do it cuz i don't have any pattern
ís thẻre anyways easier?or can u give me some?i've just finished arms

hey,i'm trying to build a halo makvi foam armor
but i found it extremely difficult to do it cuz i don't have any pattern
ís thẻre anyways easier?or can u give me some?i've just finished arms

This thread has nothing to do with what you are asking about. Do not just post questions in other peoples threads to ask a question but rather read all the stickies and use the search bar located towards the top of the page to find what you are looking for on the forum.

But to answer your question: You can make your own patterns for foam armor by using the pep model as a template and guide. Look up foam armor on here or just google it and you should find a lot to help you. Plus there is a member of this site that made the very suit you are trying to make out of foam and his looks even better than most of the pep based ones I've seen. He even made the helmet out of foam! Now he had help and he himself as made armor/props before this so don't expect the same results with your first try but do your best and you will get something you will for sure enjoy.

His thread
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30558-Mark-VI-high-def-foam-armor-WIP?highlight=foam+mkvi

Hey Hugh, i just wanted to say thanks for the awesome helmet files! i posted up on my build page the V2 helmet it was a really fun build. i have most of the rest printed out ready to be put together. thanks again!

Think ill use the suit core youv got made, looks sick and I think it will house all the mods nicly. Foam int and mould ext =0

Hey hugh, just wanted to check up on you since you havent replied in a while and halloween is fast approaching.
i also have a question on your thigh files, did you add "the plating" to the thigh as one or did you keep that separate
as to have more room? (sorry im at school so i cant show you exactly what i mean)

Hey hugh, just wanted to check up on you since you havent replied in a while and halloween is fast approaching.
i also have a question on your thigh files, did you add "the plating" to the thigh as one or did you keep that separate
as to have more room? (sorry im at school so i cant show you exactly what i mean)

If you're referring to the soft armor on the inner thigh, those are built into the model as individual "scales", and not a connected part of the model itself. I hope that answers your question, as I know Hugh is a busy man.

-Matt

If you're referring to the soft armor on the inner thigh, those are built into the model as individual "scales", and not a connected part of the model itself. I hope that answers your question, as I know Hugh is a busy man.

-Matt

i know they're separate but i what i ment was if he made them one piece with the thigh armor or if he left the thigh and the scales as two separate pieces
sorry for the misunderstanding

Hey Hugh! First of all, your files are the best!!! Secondly, I'm thinking of putting expanding foam in the backs of the files, to make them a bit more stable before fibreglassing, to stop warping.. Should I or shouldnt I?

i know they're separate but i what i ment was if he made them one piece with the thigh armor or if he left the thigh and the scales as two separate pieces
sorry for the misunderstanding

The scales are not connected to the rest of the thigh, they are "free-floating", referring to the model itself. This was done, I'm assuming, so that the scales could be made using a different medium, i.e. foam, rubber, etc.

Hey Hugh! First of all, your files are the best!!! Secondly, I'm thinking of putting expanding foam in the backs of the files, to make them a bit more stable before fibreglassing, to stop warping.. Should I or shouldnt I?

Actually, you want the fiberglass to go on the back side, or the inside of the model. You need to resin the outside of the model before fiberglassing, this is what typically prevents the warping that you are concerned about. If you fiberglass the outside, as I'm reading your post, you lose all of the detail.

I hope this helps both of you a little.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back