I Need help on my first Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3dX56

Hi guys I'm making my first project soon and I need some help like where I should start I know a good amount about halo but I need help on how to make it. I'm making it for my son who is in love with halo and he wants Frederic 104 from halo 5 and I think we have found files but if any one could give me some files for the helmet and suit/armor. My son is 5.5 (65in) I'm know I'm going to have to make it a little big because he is gonna grow. Any ideas on how big? Also if any one could help me size the files to fit my son and a place to get a visor for the helmet. Thank you Guys I'll keep you updated on the build.

R3dX56

Hope you like to read and watch you tube.
Read through this thread Creation Discussion Stuck Thread Index

The files should be here in the armory sub forumn on the front page as i prepped them but i dont recall if they got finished being unfolded.

Start with some small just to get the hang of it like a hand armor or forearm piece. The more you do this the better you will be at "reading" ,dont know what else to call it, a file it work flow per say. Some files are harder especially the h5 fred helmet. If you have never ever done this i suggest you start with the halo reach jfo helmet. It is by far the easiest helmet to build but it teaches you about the curved side of the helmet converging onto the front flat faces. Cereal killer has some great videos on bondo techniques,
Watch "Hardening Pepakura With Fiberglass Resin (Episode 01)" on YouTube

Evakura has great techniques on foam builds.
Watch "EVAkura instructable 1: Contouring and forming EVA for Armor" on YouTube
Dont be discouraged if your first build is all wonky just keep at it. Learn how to scale and use pepakura. SavedbyGraceG12 is awesome at unfolding files that are prepped( sorry to recruit you). Also welcome to the 405th.

Last edited:
well the file for the Centurion armor is here......, and the helmet here......and just a bit of FYI, I'm in the tail end of my own Centurion build. I did have some issues w/ sizing of the helmet.....and had some help w/ that........but I agree totally w/ Crimmson. It is not an easy helmet to pep. You can also check out mawrTRON build here. One of the best Centurion builds I have ever seen.

Hi R3dX56 welcome to the 405th! It sounds like the others have started you in the right direction. I just wanted to add that with the Centurion helmet in our armory.. someone saved it in an awkward orientation so the "height" "width" "depth" are not what they are labeled as so be careful which one you scale it to. Right click around the border of the 2d section and select "measure distance between two points" that will help you figure out the dimensions better.

Sorry if that was too much. Maybe you can come back to my post once you've got your feet a little wetter. :)

Crimmson
Hah! Sorry to recruit you. What's with this guy? Lol, I've barely made any progress on my build as of lately. Sorry to say this, but I won't be doing any Unfolds until my armor is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back