I Want Your Fingers Crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this topic doesn't have much of a reason to be posted but you can never have enough crossed fingers, right?

Here's the thing. I'm married to a Brit and have applied for a visa a week ago. I've been refused once before, that was last year, so I'm really on edge about this one. I'm pretty sure this one has been refused too, in which case I won't get to both see my husband and go to UK again for a minimum of one year. So I'll be more than screwed. There's a bigger picture here but I won't drag it out.
I just got a call from the embassy asking me to come over so they can tell me their decision. I'm heading there tomorrow morning.
This is where you lot step in. Keep your fingers crossed, pray or whatever it is you do!
Cos if this thing fails again, I'll be in the world of s***. Surviving the past year in Croatia was bad enough. Aaaand I'll probably be so low that you won't be seeing my Halo fiction in a while. If that means anything to ya, haha
So...you know. Do your thing.

Much appreciated

Thanks, Magnum. I've forced myself to not hoping for a good result so I gotta rely on hopes of other people :D Damn, I'm nervous.

Damn... that just sucks @$$ crack. Well, here's hoping that things will work out for ya.

Hang in there Odessa, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :)

My Russian is a little rusty so unless our two languages share that same phrase, that was a good example of Croatian. Thanks again, bev.

Uhmm, really in Russian that phrase sounds absolutely different... Just I found online Croatian dictioanry...

Odessa, Govoriš li hrvatski? i'm croatian on my mother's side. :)

Anyhow, my fingers are crossed and i've sacrificed a small lamb to my deity.

I don't know how the how visa process works but best of luck.

I envy you, having married a Brit and all. I want to do the same, I love their accent and culture.

Thanks very much, everyone. I really hope there is someone up there to make your (and mine) hopes come true. It's 4am and I'm getting ready to catch a bus to the capital :-/ No, I got no sleep.

@Jason: Govorim hrvatski, da :) But i don't like the language much, it's not as natural to me as english. Makes little sense, that, but I never made much sense anyway! And it takes me ages to type anything in croatian so I avoid it like the plague. Thanks for the sacrifice, haha

My fingers toes and any other apendages are crossed for you, best of luck if they deny tell em you'd rather have a mastercard anyway that will throw em for a loop. My prayers are with you and your spouse.

Thanks man. I think it's about time the bureaucrats get into the spirit of Christmas so who knows...maybe they'll give me a present. Or maybe they'll be this year's Grinch.

Odessa-086 said:
Thanks very much, everyone. I really hope there is someone up there to make your (and mine) hopes come true. It's 4am and I'm getting ready to catch a bus to the capital :-/ No, I got no sleep.

Jason: Govorim hrvatski, da :) But i don't like the language much, it's not as natural to me as english. Makes little sense, that, but I never made much sense anyway! And it takes me ages to type anything in croatian so I avoid it like the plague. Thanks for the sacrifice, haha

i know what you mean. my grandmother's 100% croat and always tried forcing the language on me. so theres bits here and there which i just can't get out of my head.

Good luck though, my hopes are with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back