Im joining the Navy!!! then the Navy SEALs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSpartan177

Hey Guys :)

After thinking this through, very carefully and I decided to join the Navy!!!

I researched about the Navy alot, also I researched about the Army, Marines etc...
But I decided to join the Navy because of the benefits of joining.

When I join and turn into a pretty Sailor, I will try to go to college and get some sort of degree.
When Im done with college, I will try to join the SEALs.
I think thats the best way I can serve my country.

I've watched a lot of informational videos about the training and it looks like it will be hard, but I believe I can do it.
And like John (Project003) said, "Its like ODST training......but with more water"

What you guys think?
Any of you Sailors have any tips? or any of you in some military branch?

Would really appreciate some feedback

Thanks
Alex

Thanks for serving! Have you thought about going into ROTC to start with? It may make getting into the SEALS easier. I don't know that for a fact though. I'll leave the real advice to those that have served and can help ya more.

As a Navy Vet here - welcome to the Fleet.

The best advise I can give on your enlistment is make sure everything is written down. If it is not written, it did not happen and was not agreed upon. Is the Navy saying they will send you to college? If so...get that written!!!!! If they are not saying that, the only time you will have is doing college either online or some night courses (not to mention the courses they will offer onboard out at sea). Depending on what NEC you choose, your training might take you upto being just short a few credits for your degree. Take a look at this page for more info on College programs offered by the Navy.

As for SEALS - I would recommend downloading the Warning Order and making sure you can do everything and more then what is listed in it. BUDS may seem like it is a physical game...but as all things in the Military, it is a mental game. If your mind says you can do it...your body will do it.

Stay strong and good luck.

As a Navy Vet here - welcome to the Fleet.

The best advise I can give on your enlistment is make sure everything is written down. If it is not written, it did not happen and was not agreed upon. Is the Navy saying they will send you to college? If so...get that written!!!!! If they are not saying that, the only time you will have is doing college either online or some night courses (not to mention the courses they will offer onboard out at sea). Depending on what NEC you choose, your training might take you upto being just short a few credits for your degree. Take a look at this page for more info on College programs offered by the Navy.

As for SEALS - I would recommend downloading the Warning Order and making sure you can do everything and more then what is listed in it. BUDS may seem like it is a physical game...but as all things in the Military, it is a mental game. If your mind says you can do it...your body will do it.

Stay strong and good luck.
Thanks for the tips, Bro :)
and yeah, the Navy website says that it will pay 100% of my tuition. Plus other living expenses after I do 90 days of military service.

Maybe when you get to Master Chief Petty Officer you can come back and give us a hug.....in your armor......and it would be for real. We would really be hugged by The Chief.

Either way, after college, I'm interested in joining the Air Force because of some.......programs........that I definatly have no idea about........that are almost exactly like the programs some of our favorite video game charicters went through........

Sabre: I also found the Warning Order pretty useful. Just like a Study Guide. lol
When I get a definate schedule I will start with the #1 training

Maybe when you get to Master Chief Petty Officer you can come back and give us a hug.....in your armor......and it would be for real. We would really be hugged by The Chief.

Either way, after college, I'm interested in joining the Air Force because of some.......programs........that I definatly have no idea about........that are almost exactly like the programs some of our favorite video game charicters went through........
Yep lol
But that will take some time

Good luck on that, Bro

nice man and how old do you have to be to f=get into the Navy and how old are you?
I think you have to be at least 17 with parent authorization, and Im a sophmore in Highschool right now. So I will just finish highschool and go directly to the Navy.

Its better thinking of head of time, instead of thinking where to go in your last year of highschool

If you want to be a SEAL, read Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell. It goes in depth into his own training as a SEAL, and the mind set it takes to get through BUDS

If you want to be a SEAL, read Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell. It goes in depth into his own training as a SEAL, and the mind set it takes to get through BUDS
Sure will, right now Im trying to motivate myself and train myself so I can finish the BUDs.
And like Sabre said, its a mental game
Please dont tell me ur leaving the site :(
Nah, I still have 2 more years until I finish highschool.
And how do you think Kupokitty gets online? There is internet access in the baracks lol

I don't need luck. In a few years if the project gets declassified i'll show you guys one day.

Sure Bro lol
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN ;)

Go for it, but I'd say you really want to go back to college after your basic/AIT, then go reserve, go to college and do ROTC, become an officer. I was in the Sea Cadets for just about 8 years before I went off to join the Army, all I can say is you better be a damn good swimmer and get used to dealing with ALOT of BS, cause thats where your mind games will come in.

Yea, don't always "believe" what recruiters are going to tell you. You have to make sure its in your contract or else you'll just be wasting your time someplace else miserable. I've seen it happen to many people before, so don't make that mistake.

If you become a SEAL, you are going to wear retarded brown short shorts and stink up the bottom floor of a building that I was in previously. You will need to drink lots of water, eat protein-filled things, run in circles, get screamed at by Chiefs with sticks up their butts, and live in a cruddy little barracks that I walked past every day.

Also, don't anger the Chiefs and Petty Officers in bootcamp. 99% of them will have a stick up their butt and force you and the other booters to make it rain. For hours.

Most importantly, DO NOT CLENCH YOUR BUTT CHEEKS when it's time for the dreaded "Peanut Butter" shot.

Edit~

I had internet in my previous barracks because I bought a little Verizon Wireless doohicky that plugged into my USB port.

The internet I have now is a stupid slow service called Wave that is, unfortunately, the only internet provider that is allowed to get into this base.

The boat has limited internet use where nearly everything is blocked, and takes an eternity to load Google.

Don't get your hopes up on that one. Sorry man :/

My best advice has already been mentioned: read Lone Survivor. I cannot recommend this enough. It will show you exactly what it means to be a Navy SEAL, and what it takes to get there. It's one of the best books I've ever read, and I've read A LOT.

Sure Bro lol
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN ;)

HEV-ODST-scaled.jpg

If I told you the code word I'm sure I would get arrested. But this is what the Air Force is devolping. No joke.

OK, so you wanted advise well here it is and it won't be sugar coated so I think you'll appreciate that. I was in your shoes at about your age and I gotta tell you, I had the same ambitions. I decided to join the Navy when I was 13 and gain admission to the Naval Academy. I did everything right: I researched every other branch, made excellent grades, stayed in shape, I was a Sea Cadet, etc. The only thing I did not count on was the Marine recruiter getting to me first and I have never looked back. The point is to start right now to prepare for that because when you thing your ready, your not. The thing to remember is that BUDs has an 80% drop out rate. Having said that the reasons people drop out are not always because they are not good enough. Sometimes there are injuries in which Sailors may not get another chance, sometimes instructors just kick people out for little or no reason at all. Now read this next part very carefully, IT IS NOT ALL MENTAL! Yes it is a good deal mental but it is also entirely physical along with excellent judgement and most of all... LUCK. All of my friends from the Sea Cadets who became SEALs have all told me the same thing, that joining the SEALs was not what they expected and not in a good way. I urge you to talk to some former and current SEALs and not just on forums. Find them somehow and talk with them in person, find out the truth not just the gung ho side of it because more often than not it is mostly falsified. Also how I know all this is because I wanted to be a SEAL too, many of my friends are SEALs and I went to a mini buds in Coronado so I have seen this first hand.

I wish you the best of luck and don't take this as a negative comment please because it's not. I feel that if you make a decision like this you need both sides. If you have any questions about deployment or anything else, let me know.

I would have to agree with what Lead has said above. Knowing a few spec ops guys they have all said the same thing. As for BUDs I cannot give you any first hand advise except prepare your body and your mind, I was never in BUDs nor had any intention of going.

I joined the Navy at 16 and was in the Delayed Entry Program until I turned 18. I am 4th generation of my family to go Navy, so had to keep the tradition :) I enjoyed westpac's to much ever to try BUDs. It was a great experience that I would never change even if I could do it all again.

Wanted to remind you also there are others in the Navy that are not just ship bound. SEALs are amazing, but many others such as Navy Security Forces, SeaBee's and Mobile Security Detachments do incredible things as well. If you are dead set on Navy Special Warfare, don't forget about the Special Warface Combat Crewman.

Not trying to change your mind on the SEALs, if you want to be a SEAL, do it. But be sure you research and are aware of the others and what they do also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back