IM STARTING TOMMOROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenocrates

Jr Member
Alright, I've seen peoples works, and their masterpeices and I ENVY THEM SOO MUCH THAT THEY ACTUALLY HAD THE PATIENCE AND DILLIGENCE TO DO ALL THAT!! However, it has also gotten me all hype hype for me making my own Mark VI armor because I'll be the only one on my street with it. Im starting off with the helmet, so It might take all weekend. However it might take even longer because we have to go out and get all the supplies. I'm also kind of scared of the after affects from the fiber-glass cloth thing because apparently it makes slivers.. I dont even know what those are. I will most likely end up getting stuck on the stupidest crap, so i will upload photos and such and hopefully the pros will tell me what to do from there. I estimated that the whole thing will only cost around......... 60 - 70 dollars... The visor (gold HJC visor) is around 36 bux, then all the other supplies like resin, fiberglass cloth, and all the other materials... are things that accumalate over time. If ANYONE HAS READ THIS FAR

congratulations and wish me luck

I do have one question HOPEFULLY SOMEONE will answer before i start

What do i use for the cushioning?

Sean Bradley said:
Foam. You can buy it at anu fabric store.

Good luck.. This thread needs some pics.

foam?? .... Um please be more specific, i was just going to put the fiberglass cloth in there, resin it, then put in sponges all around so its nice and tight ...

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt adam have a thread with a motorcycle helmet liner/padding that was only like 15 bucks? it looked good and should work great if you attach it correctly.

how much does it cost to fiberglass and resing a helmet? i have not tried because i have a daughter and dont have a garage, but my father in law does......im starting to think thats the only way to go.

Upholstery foam and camp pad work great. You can trim them to specific sizes without a lot of mess and they give a sturdy fit. :)

bjoiner said:
didnt adam have a thread with a motorcycle helmet liner/padding that was only like 15 bucks? it looked good and should work great if you attach it correctly.

how much does it cost to fiberglass and resing a helmet? i have not tried because i have a daughter and dont have a garage, but my father in law does......im starting to think thats the only way to go.

apparently from other oeioke its around 20+ bux?

Vexona said:
Upholstery foam and camp pad work great. You can trim them to specific sizes without a lot of mess and they give a sturdy fit. :)

where could i buy that stuff? at Lowe's?

how much is it?

and is resining the inside of the helmet COMPLETELY neccessary?

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
where could i buy that stuff? at Lowe's?

how much is it?

and is resining the inside of the helmet COMPLETELY neccessary?
Please dont Pm me with the same question then ask it in a thread, you may get different answers, but yes, resining the inside is needed, and so is fiberglass cloth.

Upholstery foam = fabric store
Camp Pad = walmart, sporting goods store

I know my camp pad was like $5, but you'd have to do a price check on the upholstery goodness.

I used headliner fabric/ foam, which is basically 3/8" thick foam, gray on one side and blue on the other. Bought a half yard of it, which was enough for 4 helmets, for 6 bucks. I got it at a fabric store, it was in a section with assorted foams. Used a spray adhesive to stick it.

good luck staring it. its alot of fun making the suit but its boring after ur done. thats why im making more suits for no reason now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back