Information Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
BFDesigns said:
-All hallucinogenic drugs work by poisoning, neurotransmitter overload or suppression, or by allergic reaction (in the case or marijuana).

I wouldn't necessarily call this 'poisoning' (not advocating drug use here). Technically speaking, drugs either act as agonists or antagonists, or in other words, facilitate or hinder the firing of neurons. They'll interface with neurotransmitter receptors, most often serotonin(LSD, MDMA, mescaline) and dopamine(cocaine, amphetamines), make these neurons fire and its all pretty straight forward from there.

and heres some random facts my psychology prof threw on an exam today just to see how good our semantic memory is (useless garbage questions)

Curare, a paralytic poison, was used by a psychologist to paralyze rats and float them through a flooded maze to the end. When the effects wore off the rats were released into the maze and based on their first trip on the mini-raft, were bale to quickly find their way out of the maze.

the question he asked us was "what was curare originally used for?" A. poison dart tips B. recreational drug etc.. anyways it was A.

without goign theough the whole question, many people commonly mislabel behavior modifying treatments as being 'negative reinforcement' such as invisible dog fences or spankings. These are negative punishment. Negative reinforcement implies you want the behavior thats currently happening to continue. (ex. no desert till you finish your veggies)

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong about the allergic reaction part (as so many people have pointed out) but the poisoning thing is correct in the way of Peyote and Mushrooms, they initiate toxic psychosis which can also be caused by overexposure to solvents, paint fumes, and resins.

I had a friend way back when who was painting signs using whatever they had provided on that particular trip, I believe it was either cheap automotive paint or a very fumey oil based paint but she actually went into toxic psychosis due to the fact that she was not wearing a respirator. At first she was a bit loopy and continued to paint, then she got really loopy and started seeing sh!t & actually had to be restrained and taken to the local medical clinic for a few hours for it to wear off.

Cadet said:
Ohhh, Theron 113, defense attorney? I don't know...we don't really like you guys because you give us a hard time and try to make us look stupid in front of a jury :p

To go off of one of Bloodl3tt3r's facts, Did you know that Sickle cell anemia was an evolutionary defense against Malaria? If you have sickle cell anemia, you can't get Malaria, so in portions of Africa, those people with sickle cell anemia outlived those who didn't (didn't get Malaria) and where the ones to pass on their genetic material.

The indigenous people of central and South America, another region with high malaria rates, did not develop the sickle cell defense against malaria, because they drank tea made from the bark of the tree that the anti-malaria drug Quinine is synthesized from.

This is true.

since this is turning into more of a drug info page heres my contribution magic mushrooms are legal untill they are prepared (e.g cooked or dried)

This is my most replied to thread ever yay :rolleyes

most 'Traditional' sausages actually still use pig intestines for the sausage skins (however ones you buy from a supermarket are not pig intestine skinned unless stated on the packaging)

what.....that cant be...how?

ahh...see i did some research and its not like every time you peel it your exposed...see i was like OMGWTF!? WII ALL HAS CANCER!!! :eek: it has to be inside a vacumed container...

thats what the other issue i had while thinking about it was...

thats actually pretty niftey

redragon74 said:
what.....that cant be...how?

ahh...see i did some research and its not like every time you peel it your exposed...see i was like OMGWTF!? WII ALL HAS CANCER!!! :eek: it has to be inside a vacumed container...

thats what the other issue i had while thinking about it was...

thats actually pretty niftey

True, it only can happen in a vacuum environment for some weird reason. Some dude took an x-ray of his thumb by doing this.

Apparently painter's tape (blue masking tape) will shoot visible flashes of light & sparks if it is peeled off the roll very fast in total darkness.

yea i saw the xray of the thumb- was actually a pretty good picture for something so low tech. i think i might try that blue painters tape thing.

im trying to figure out that scotch tape thing tho...

cause you need a
Anode-->cathode or electrons that flow from positive to negative and it bounces off if i rememberd a tungsten bassed metal inside the xray tube. but im assusming that the static it creates going from unravelling to the core when its in the vaccum is just scatter radiation xray...wonder how much it generates..

now im rambling

it is really nifety tho

aspartame when mixed with csf causes ethenol poisoning in the body- aspartame is also an additive in coke/dietcoke and pepsi products

"Ohhh, Theron 113, defense attorney? I don't know...we don't really like you guys because you give us a hard time and try to make us look stupid in front of a jury"

:lol: LOLOLOLOL :lol:

Also Velcro was developed when somebody was studying cats and noticed thier unique tongues.

Your brain can recognize a word as long as the first and last letters are in the right place and the other letters are somewhere in between.

Yuor brain can recongize a wrod as lnog as the frist and lsat letters are in the rihgt place and the ohter letters are soemwhere in bteween.

:p

Those stiff opaque white plastic dishes that you have with the cool graphics on them are made of a melamine-formaldehyde blend, 2 extremely deadly chemicals into food safe.

Acrylic contains cyanide. When you heat it the bubbles that you see are actually pockets of cyanide gas.

Cyanide smells like almonds.

Tetracycline, a common antibiotic often prescribed for acne and rosacea is absorbed by your bones. The presence of Tetracycline in bone can be tested very easily.

If you have used this drug, your bones will glow under blacklight.

there are 5 known dwarf planets in the solar system and 14 trans-neptunian objects.

there are 342 exoplanets known at the moment (best evidence so far below)

Fomalhaut_with_Disk_Ring_and_extrasolar_planet_b.jpg

-The candy bar Snickers was Mars's second product and named after one of their favorite horses.

-For years, oil has been sold and bought using American dollars, even if the US wasn't part of the transaction. However, in 2000, Saddam Hussein sold Iraqi oil in Euros. Shortly afterward, the US "invaded" Iraq looking for "weapons of mass destruction", conveniently overthrowing the government and making Iraqi oil get sold in American dollars.

-80% of the population can make a U shape with their tongue.

there is a fault with the shooting a welshman one
you can shoot a welsh man with an 'arrow' inside chester city walls 1 minute after saturday 0:01 sunday morning (note you can only use an arrow no bow allowed)

and the scotsman one is you have to use a crossbow

(i did law last year and we had to find some stupid laws)

heres my contribution

it is illegal to touch a pelican in hyde park unless you have written permission from said pelican
it is illegal to have a physical relationship with a red squirel but not a gray squirel (why anyone would want to anyway)

(boy the english law system can be messed up) (no offence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back