1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by SpartanForever, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Instinct

Instinct New Member

Hi, I'm Mekhi,
    yeah sorry to break the trend. I am a complete beginner and looking to build a Scanner armor (Halo 5) set. I have absolutely no idea how to begin nor the terminology of crafting. Also I don't have much money but what makes me optimistic is I'm going to consider this a project leading into 2019 while I do some other (beginner) cosplays.

Asgardianhammer likes this.
  2. MPlayer20

MPlayer20 New Member

Name: Michael Schramm
    Profession: None. Still in school
    Favorite hobby: Gaming, of course.
    Favorite Halo: Halo Reach and Combat evolved
    Favorite Part of Halo: Definetly the story. It's always interesting how something develops during the campaign.
    Favorite Food: Burger and Pizza (always good after some matches)

3. ChuckyBoss25

ChuckyBoss25 New Member

Hi, Im Charles. A long time halo fan, and new cosplayer. Finished my first set, Mark IV, around october. I enjoy playing video games and blacksmithing. Always looking forward to improve my craft in cosplaying. Planing on making blue team with some friends.

4. Curtis Green

Curtis Green New Member

Hi there, my name is CurtisGreen, I have recently joined this forum.

5. Premasunshine96

Premasunshine96 New Member

Name: Prema Clayton
    Profession: Still in college (aspiring Film Editor)
    Hobbies: Video Games, Cosplay, Painting, Crafts, Animal Rescues
    Favorite part of halo: The Story Lines
    Favorite Halo: hmmmmm.... 1 or 5
    Favorite Video Game(s): Halo (all), Assassins Creed, Overwatch
    Other Interests: Enjoy dancing at times, having a good cup of hot chocolate
    Favorite Food: Biryani (Indian Dish)
    Favorite Finisher: None that I can think of
    Favorite Band: Meat Loaf, P!nk, Kiss
    Favorite Movie(s): Last Samurai, Black Panther, Avatar, Warcraft
    Other: Battle.net Tag - PremaC#1641

6. Asgardianhammer

Asgardianhammer Identity Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Welcome Premasunshine96 Its about time you joined our ranks! Now to get started on your armor! Visit the Armory for files to help get you started!

Premasunshine96 likes this.
  7. Asgardianhammer

Asgardianhammer Identity Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Head over to the Armory and you can find the files necessary to get started. Also if you are looking for a finished Scanner Helmet Kit, Beaver Creek Proving Grounds offers this helmet.

8. RavenEye

RavenEye New Member

Hi Dylan, my name is Lucas :)
    Yeah, I started on a good ODST template a while ago, there are a few inaccuracies that are easy to fix or add on if you are confident with a knife and foam, but overall it has been really good to begin with.
    How To: Reach ODST Fan Webseries
    This guide has 2 sizes of templates.
    The creator of the templates and guide has an entire youtube channel playlist where he goes through and makes it along side you, and gives tips and advice. All his videos are very useful.
    Hopefully this is the kind of thing you are looking for! I am almost done it, and can share pictures if youre interested in other peoples custom results and changes.
    Cheers!

9. Dylan Hernandez

Dylan Hernandez New Member

Hey Lucas! I would appreciate to see the work you have done. I dont know much about foam craft other than a big foam and fur hood I made in 2016 for a fallout cosplay so any help is much appreciated!
    Thanks!

10. RavenEye

RavenEye New Member

I am unsure how to delete a forum message, so this is a placeholder for now.
    Dylan, I directly replied with the pictures for you.

11. RavenEye

RavenEye New Member

I will attach a couple broad pictures of the various pieces. I like odst as it doesnt require as much body coverage by armour as a full spartan. The helmet is the worst quality one so far, since I made it just to test the template with crappy scissors and rough cuts, and minimal heating to bend and mold it...and even then it still looks pretty decent up close. (I will probably make a better version)
    The second pic has all the random custom parts I sort of just eyeballed for myself, to round off the costume accuracy.
    There is still some work that needs to go into the suit, but the basic paint job is done now as you will see.
    All in all, a pretty useful template set. Well worth the money and time imo. I am happy to take more pictures or different angles if you want more detail.
    View attachment 256053 View attachment 256054

12. RavenEye

RavenEye New Member

Sorry, I'm doing all this on mobile and it's proving to be a nightmare. Here you go:

20180607_213648.jpg 20180607_214442.jpg

Sean Anwalt and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  13. Will Sandler

Will Sandler Guest

I had an account for WillSandler66 and it wont let me log in anymore cant access my password and the forum cant find my account so here is my new one hopefully it works out lol.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  14. Negativecacti

Negativecacti New Member

Name: Alex
    Xbox GT: negativecacti
    Profession: oil change (not exciting)
    Favorite Hobby: prop making, playing games with friends
    Favorite Halo: Reach
    Favorite Video Game: Halo (duh)
    Favorite Cartoon: Adventure Time
    Favorite Anime: Sword Art Online
    Random Facts: I was in the army for 4 years playing with tanks and did a 25 mile ruck March

15. Dylan Hernandez

Dylan Hernandez New Member

16. TheBeard

TheBeard New Member

Name: Josh
    Profession: Sign maker
    Hobbies: video games, cosplay
    Favorite part of halo: everything
    Favorite Halo: all of them are great in different ways
    Favorite Video Game: Halo, Gears, Forza Horizon
    Other Interests: Heavy Metal, fishing
    Favorite Food: Anything homemade
    Favorite Band: Iron Maiden
    Favorite Movie:I'll say a genre, Sci fi

So I've made a bunch of costumes but until now, have yet to jump into a Halo costume, also I have floated around this site for awhile and
    learned a lot but I've never made a build post to document any costume before, that changes this year. I just wanted to say thank you to
    everyone on the 405th, you are all wonderful teachers and I can't wait to begin my Halo costume and share what I have learned.

Sean Anwalt and TurboCharizard like this.
  17. Silvermoon

Silvermoon New Member

Name: Mischa "Silvermoon" Drohmann
    Profession: Car mechanik
    Favorite Hobby: Video Games, crafting, my kittys and sooooo many many, many more!
    Favorite part of Halo: I love it all!
    Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
    Favorite Video Game: Halo the complete series and borderlands
    Other Interests: Musik, and designing things and creating Blueorints
    Favorite Food: Asian (sushi, ramen and so on)

18. Marsman480

Marsman480 New Member

Name: Jay
    Profession: Still in school
    Favourite Halo: Reach
    Hobbies: Piano, started cosplay recently
    Favourite food: Pizza, of course
    Favoutite game: Titanfall 2

I’m new to cosplaying and I really want to make a Wetwork costume. Does anyone have any templates for Eva foam or pepakura (spelling?) for the costume? If you do could you send it to me in some way? Thanks!

:

19. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

Marsman480 all the files are (free) in the armory. to get there click on the armory tab at the top of the pagr

20. Potatocadd

Potatocadd New Member

Hello everyone, I'm Potatocadd. Fine to call me Potato

Name: Patrick
    Profession: Bookkeeper, hoping to go back to college
    Favorite Hobby: At this time, a tie between miniature painting and getting back into pep stuff.
    Favorite part of halo: I can never stop loving The Silent Cartographer
    Favorite Halo: Combat Evolved
    Favorite Video Game: Can't ask me to make that decision!
    Other Interests: Gardening, reading, painting miniatures and hoping to get a campaign together, working on bettering my cosplay making skills
    Favorite Food: Yes
    Favorite Movie(s): The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring

I'v always wanted to get an SPI armor set going, but had difficulty getting the scaling correct. Nearly got it this time around with the helmet, but the helmet's still just a bit too small! Bummer.

PerniciousDuke likes this.
  21. Callsignviper02

Callsignviper02 New Member

Name: Daniel
    Proffession: Trainee tree surgeon
    Favourite hobby: Airsoft so far!
    Favourite part of halo: the ODSTs cuz they just are awesome!!
    Favourite Halo: 3 ODST
    Other interests: Gaming, learning something new (like this!!), Movies and using power tools!
    Favourite film: Jurrasic park

Hi, i am new to cosplay and would love to get into it! I want to do a "Dutch" ODST suit and have access to different materials such as fibre glass, EVA foam etc. and what i want to do is do the chest piece and helmet out of fibre glass or this new term i have heard of "pepakura". Much help would be appreciated and if you want to learn some Welsh words i am happy to help! cheers all

22. Marsman480

Marsman480 New Member

Thanks! Just getting used to the site

23. LowkeyKitkat

LowkeyKitkat New Member

Alrighty Then...
    Name: Hannah
    Profession: I am a Senior at a Career Tech School Majoring in Digital Design
    Favorite Hobby: Video Games(duh) and Videography
    Favorite part of halo: Meeting new people and having a good time with them
    Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
    Favorite Video Game: Halo of course but lately I've been playing a lot of Rainbow 6
    Other Interests: I play guitar and like to sleep
    Favorite Food: Fettuccini Chicken Alfredo
    Favorite Music Artist: Witt Lowry
    Favorite Music Genre: Lo-Fi

I'm in here because I would really love to build me a set of armor because that is cool as heck. I've never cosplay and never had any experience in building cosplay so this is all new to me. I think it would be super awesome to create my own combination of reach armor but there is so much I am quite overwhelmed. I'm afraid il jump into this not know what I'm doing and have way too much on my plate than I cant handle. Lol I wish I knew what I was doing.

24. Jordan Byrd

Jordan Byrd New Member

Name: Jordan
    Profession: Warehouse Manager
    Xbox GT: Bigbyrd007
    Favorite Hobby: Video Games
    Favorite part of Halo: Halo 3, when Master Chief rescues Cortana.
    Favorite Video Game: Mixed between Halo 2 and Halo 3. Love the story in both of them and the multiplayer as well. Man I miss those days.
    Favorite Food: Tex-Mex/Steak
    Favorite Music Artist: N/A
    Favorite Music Genre: Classical
    Other Interests: Woodworking/turning - Building things

I'm here to learn how to build a master chief suit, first pepakura, then full on metal, or I would like to. I also love seeing what everyone else has created and aspire to be half as good as they are.

25. Hawkietta

Hawkietta New Member

Name: Miranda Visser
    Profession: Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster
    Favorite Hobby: Gaming
    Favorite part of halo: The diverse characters and their stories
    Favorite Halo: Reach
    Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect (except for Andromeda)
    Other Interests: Swimming (only in natural water with the fishes), food (I’ll try anything once)
    Favorite Food: Steak and Sashimi (not necessarily together)