Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Chris
Profession: Communications Tech with a cable company
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of halo: The Kilo Five trilogy, and the awesome community
Favorite Halo: Reach because it lets you really feel like you're the character.
Favorite Video Game: Currently loving the Wolfenstein series, so that and Halo
Other Interests: SciFi in general and
Favorite Food: Steak and taters
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters/ Muse
Favorite Movie(s): John Wick series
Other: Love cosplay and can't wait to make my own ODST armor

Name: Steve
Profession: Currently as a stocker at a grocery store, but also working on my own video games with friends as the lead programmer of our soon-to-be company
Favorite Hobby: Video games of course!
Favorite part of halo: The Story, as well as the big weapons
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: I got a top 3; Overwatch, Minecraft, Skyrim
Other Interests: Blacksmithing is fun
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Band: Deadmau5, Daft Punk and RHCP
Favorite Movie(s): How to Train Your Dragon movies
Other: Went to the Chicago Outpost Discovery, first time going to a convention, and met some of the 405th people there. Even let me wear one of their helmets!
I was there as well, with my wife. I loved the event just wish there had been more to do.

Name: Jake
Profession: Currently a student in college on a prop making course learning how to make props for films and television productions.
Favourite Hobby: Video Games
Favourite Halo: Between 3 and Reach, man I loved those games so much.
Other Interests: Warhammer, Readingm, Judge Dredd and DnD
Favourite Food: Good old bacon sandwich.
Favourite Band: Sabaton
Favourite Movie: Dredd
Other: A fan of cosplay, been wanting to do cosplays for a long time but due to a lack of confidence and space at home I have difficulty making other costumes.
Was a huge fan of the franchise ever since I was 4, played Halo 1 with my uncle on the PC together, although between Halo Reach and Halo 4 my former group of school friends basically harassed and bullied me so often to the point I dropped away from the franchise entirely. My interest returned after a friend of mine convinced me to come back and give it a try, although this time on the PC.

Name: Matt
Profession: Web/Video Coordinator
Favorite Hobby: Prop/Costume Making.
Favorite Halo: H3 Best memories with friends.
Favorite Book Series: Kilo 5.
Other interests: Stargate, Star Trek, Power Rangers, Dnd, Comics.
Favorite Band: Kirby Krackle
Favorite Movie: Scott Pilgrim Vs the World.
Been a halo fan since the beginning, played every game and consumed every piece of halo media I could. Finally at a point in my life I can start building armor and I looks forward to space becoming an issue when I have too many suits to easily store.

Name: Keiran Doherty
Profession: EMT and full time medical student
Favorite Hobby: DnD
Favorite part of halo: All of the expanded lore
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Fallout 4
Other Interests: model painting and building Legos
Favorite Food: Meat (any kind will do)
Favorite Finisher: ???
Favorite Band: Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (Rouge One, NH, ESB, ROTJ)
Other: Younger brother is in the 405th

Name: Ambriel Diegel
Profession: Server at Outback, studying to be an ASL interpreter!
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and any art project ever. Seriously.
Favorite part of halo: I love playing online with my friends and running around as a team. Plus the story is phenomenal. Red vs Blue is hilarious as well
Favorite Halo: 5 or 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Fallout
Other Interests: Music is my passion, I love doing community outreach and going to events with lots of people
Favorite Food: Steak and cake
Favorite Band: Pink Floyd
Other: I love making new friends so don't be shy! My gamertag on Xbox is WolfGirl4269 literally anyone can add me and I'll play Halo with you

Name: Michael "Sudsy"
Profession: Mechanical Design Drafter (AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks...)
Favorite Hobby: Tabletop wargames, video games, making tanks out of paper
Favorite part of halo: Halo 1 has one of the best soundtracks ever... I have been known to leave the intro screen (on PC) running just for that while building models at my workbench.
Favorite Halo: 1 & 2, because I'm that old...
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim (currently), Halo, Mass Effect (1 thru 3)
Other Interests: 40K and similar tabletop games (lately those more than the PC or console, something about dice clacking while moving nicely painted miniatures around the tabletop battlefield... Did I mention making 28mm miniature scale tanks out of paper?
Favorite Food: Beef and corn
Favorite Band: Demon Hunter
Favorite Movie: Army of Darkness

I was interested in Pepakura a few years back, got frustrated, but figured I had to come back after making a handful of paper armored vehicles and developing my skills a bit more. I finally paid for a copy of Tamasoft's incredible paper design software and decided it was high time to get back to it with the 1:1 scale stuff along with my 1:56th (28mm miniature) scale vehicles! Halo has a great tactical aesthetic that I've always enjoyed ever since it first came out back in 2004 (well, that was when I first saw it at any rate). That whole connection with Aliens and similarities just clicked so well (thank you the late great Al Matthews for both roles in Aliens and Halo...).

Name: Michael "Sudsy"
Profession: Mechanical Design Drafter (AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks...)
Favorite Hobby: Tabletop wargames, video games, making tanks out of paper
Favorite part of halo: Halo 1 has one of the best soundtracks ever... I have been known to leave the intro screen (on PC) running just for that while building models at my workbench.
Favorite Halo: 1 & 2, because I'm that old...
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim (currently), Halo, Mass Effect (1 thru 3)
Other Interests: 40K and similar tabletop games (lately those more than the PC or console, something about dice clacking while moving nicely painted miniatures around the tabletop battlefield... Did I mention making 28mm miniature scale tanks out of paper?
Favorite Food: Beef and corn
Favorite Band: Demon Hunter
Favorite Movie: Army of Darkness

I was interested in Pepakura a few years back, got frustrated, but figured I had to come back after making a handful of paper armored vehicles and developing my skills a bit more. I finally paid for a copy of Tamasoft's incredible paper design software and decided it was high time to get back to it with the 1:1 scale stuff along with my 1:56th (28mm miniature) scale vehicles! Halo has a great tactical aesthetic that I've always enjoyed ever since it first came out back in 2004 (well, that was when I first saw it at any rate). That whole connection with Aliens and similarities just clicked so well (thank you the late great Al Matthews for both roles in Aliens and Halo...).
Mass effect is such a great series!!!

Name: Shane Riley
Profession: Operations and Logistical Management, however I’m working to transition to Bookkeeping and Accounting
Favorite Hobby: Anything creative (painting, sewing, crafting, etc.) However I tend to sew the most often :)
Favorite part of halo: Grunts
Favorite Halo: One and Three
Favorite Video Game: Toss up between Fable 1 and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion/Skyrim. I can and have played them over and over and over again for years.
Other Interests: Food, antique restorations, and music.
Favorite Food: Lasagna
Favorite Band: System of a Down and... ABBA.
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Rings, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, and Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

I’ve never joined an online community before so I’m really excited to meet everyone and learn ❤️

I’ve never joined an online community before so I’m really excited to meet everyone and learn ❤
We're excited to have you join! It's such an exciting time right now for the 405th with Halo: Outpost Discovery going on and all the new people it brings :D

Name: Nico
Favorite Hobby: Cosplay/Conventions
Favorite part of halo: Playing with friends, and the gorgeous costumes
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Saints Row IV
Favorite Food: Steak (Montreal and garlic seasoning)
Favorite Band: Mystery Skulls
Favorite Movie: Star Wars ESB

I'm an official member with the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club and Rebel Legion (star wars clubs), and love doing armored up events; I've wanted to add Halo gear to my repertoire, and hope to do so in the next year here.

Last edited:
Name: Sal
Profession: 3D artist and Game Dev
Hobbies: Game Dev...I love my job lol
Favorite Halo: Halo 3.
Been lurking the 405 groups for years but never got around to building my own Halo stuff until now. Happy to finally be able to contribute to the community

Name: John L.
Profession: Retired Army / 11B - Infantry
Favorite Hobby: Building Custom Firearms and Horsemanship
Favorite part of halo: The story line carried me away from some dark times when I was first introduced.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo & COD MW Series
Other Interests: My Ranch. I enjoy living in peace with nature and the quiet of living in the country.
Favorite Food: Soy Spaghetti
Favorite Finisher: Spartan Races
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): Aliens 2, Starship Troopers, The Avengers, etc.
Other: I am a member of the Spartan Trifecta Tribe.

Here’s one of my most recent builds.

52EFB07E-C1D5-41F7-B455-EAB0EE03A098.jpeg

Name: Sarah
Profession: Classified
Favourite Hobby: Playing Star trek Obline, Talking about halo armour, I also really like anime/manga
Favourite Halo: all of them
Favourite Video Games: Sonic, Sonic 2, and 3
Favourite Movies: any trek films
Favourite Anime: Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis EVangelion(Not the Netflix version) Sailor Moon, Attack on Titans
Favourite Band: Sabaton
Marital Status: Classified
Randon I have a scout regiment tattoo

Hey! Been wanting to make a costume for a while and now decided to register here. I'm a pretty late Halo fan, since I was only born in '01. But anyway, to follow the format, here's some info.

Name: I prefer being called Zakru online because my name is weird for English, and it's a little extra privacy
"Profession": Software developer
Hobbies: All kinds of programming (mostly games on my free time), music, and hopefully making some sick costumes
Favorite video games: I like literally everything, Halo is awesome
Favorite Halo: Probably 4 just because it was my first 360 Halo (again, late fan, bought a Halo 4 limited edition Xbox)
I don't know: What else to put here

Name: Mo
Profession: Nuclear Security Officer, Marine Vet.
Favorite Hobby: Building, if I have a mind for it I’ll create it, or at least try to.
Favorite Halo: The good ole number 1, 2 is close tho.
Favorite Video Game: Mercenaries, have to keep my options open.
Other Interests: whatever catches the eye at the time mostly.
Favorite Food: Anything with pesto on it.
Favorite Band: August Burns Red
Favorite Movie(s): The Quiet Man, the entire Starship Troopers franchise.
Other: I’m pretty much a noob at building with foam, I look forward to diving into this community and meeting some of you, if not all, one day, and I can’t wait to show y’all what I can make and the pointers that come with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back